Chapter 1

2025

When you're out on the field, there are no such thing as second chances, you kill when you need to, or be killed. Our democratic society is survival of the fittest system in disguise. This is the idea that is being taught at the academy, it might sound harsh but it is the truth, there is no sugar coating in this field of work. But who says we can't have a little fun sometimes? 

A little remark might of turned some free time into a competition among the boys in our team. It was entertaining to watch but sometimes I wish I didn't know them because they were that idiotic. An outsider wouldn probably think they were crazy, because when they were on the job, they wouldn't act like this. "How did you fall for someone like that?" Zico stood with me on the side with his arms crossed. "I question myself sometimes too," but I couldn't help but smile at what was happening. The training room was probably the only place where we were allowed to act like dumb asses without being judged. "Alright, alright, we gotta review on some points before heading out tonight, meeting room in an hour," Yongguk announced suddenly. One by one, our team of 6 headed into our respective locker rooms for a hot shower, I had the locker room all to myself since I was the only girl on this team, and this was our training room. 

Exactly an hour later, we were in the meeting room with two other teams to quickly review over certain points before heading out to our destination, a little dinner party where many government officials were going to be at. We were just safety precautions, we never know what could happen at any time thanks to Ares' fiery nature. I'm just paraying that everything will go well. 

Each team traveled by two black SUV's, splitting one team into two teams of three. I got into the car with Yongguk and Seunghyun and we led the way to the dinner hall. I silently reviewed the mission points to myself as I watched the city go by, until Yongguk gently held my hand. We gave each other no physical acknowledgement as he drove with Seunghyun not paying attention. 

It was moments like these that kept me sane on the job. 

As soon as we got there, we got into our positions and started to help the guest in. The dinner party was under tight security but these people were used to it. These people were the foundation of Zeus, at least most of them were. 

It was just a half an hour into the party when it all happened so quickly. I remember turning my head to look in the other direction and a loud explosion literally threw me to the other side. My ear was ringing as I tried to get up from the ground, people were running and screaming judging by their facial expressions. "Are you okay?" Doojoon pulled me up. I nodded my head yes and motioned him to go help the others, there were more important things to worry about. 

A gun shot sound had me running in that direction, there was smoke everywhere and it was hard to see clearly. A women ran in my direction screaming for help and I pulled out my gun. As soon as the masked attacker appeared, I pulled the trigger. There was no time to waste, I ran in the direction where the attacker came from. I found another one standing alone speaking into what seemed like a walkie talkie, "put your hands up!" I pointed the gun at the man, he stared at me from under the mask and made no move. "If you move any closer, I will blow her brains out!" another surfaced from the side with a hostage. A man accidentally ran in the line of fire and the guy from earlier shot the man before I could say anything. I focused on the attacker with the hostage and pulled the trigger for a successful head shot. 

At that second, the man made a dash down the hallway, I ran after him after I made sure the girl was alright. After he realized that the hallway led to nowhere but a balcony. He charged at me so quickly that I missed with the shots I fired, my gun was tossed to the side. I grabbed his gloved hand and was almost able to flip him but he regained his footing, and I knocked his mask off. I threw a kick to his side and he didn't budge as much as I wanted him to but I was pretty sure I might of broke something. He aimed a punch  to my face but I moved quick enough to lessen the damage. He shot at the glass and jumped through it after placing the mask back on. FOr a moment, I thought he was crazy until I saw him looking back at me on the helicopter. "A black helicopter  is departing from the west side of the building, one of the suspect is in it," I spoke to the ear piece but nothing went and came through, I took the ear piece out and it was damaged from the explosion from earlier. "," I cursed, my shoulder was hurting and I could feel the blood dripping near the side of my head. The side of my left eye was going to have a nasty bruise thanks to that man. I nearly collapsed when I got outside, the medics had me inhaling this thing attached to a machine, they confirmed that I had inhaled a little too much smoke and wanted me to be admitted to the hospital. 

I didn't go willingly. 

===============================================

"Oppa!" I glared. "Fine, but you have to come back for check up tomorrow," he gave up and went to talk to the doctor. I hated hospitals with a passion, there was no way in hell I was going to spend the night here. After I was discharged, we headed back to HQ amd didn't leave until 2AM. The upstairs wanted briefing done before they let us go home for the night. I knew for sure I was going to sleep very well tonight.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorrrrrrrrrry T_T After I posted the story itself, I had the intention to update a chapter the next day but life got in the way. I'm also doing summer classes throughout the entire summer but I will not forget you guys! Hopefully, I will be able to update more frequently now, but bear with me! Much thanks for your patiences Bana_oUO and BangMyGuk