Final

Just A Kiss Good Night

 

It was already midnight, the clock ticking as the tense heightens within the four corners of the room. There were two beds parted by a small table and a lamp illuminating the atmosphere along with the moonlight, Minseok and Chanyeol occupying each.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t sleep, so he grabbed his phone and hid himself under the duvet, tapping the number of the person who was bugging his mind the whole night. It rang, and Chanyeol held his hand over his chest, preparing his goddamn heart for the blow. A voice was heard on the other line, “Hello?”

 

"Hi Minseok-hyung." Chanyeol answered, and a faint giggle was heard at the other side of the room. Chanyeol curled up, trying to hide his heating cheeks even though his back was facing Minseok’s bed and the thick blanket was covering his body. The older one asked, "Can’t sleep?"

 

"Y-yeah." Chanyeol tried to peek at Minseok through the distance that separates them, earning a laugh from his hyung for being caught when Minseok saw his wide eyes directed to the older one after flipping the upper part of the cotton material. His laugh was heard over the phone, and Chanyeol couldn’t help but to turn into crimson when the other line asked Chanyeol to turn around and face him again.

 

"I want to see you, please." And that caught Chanyeol’s weakest point. For his whole years of working at a strange, cruel world of limelight, Minseok was the one who always listened and understood his hardships. And for him, he just wanted to give everything good Minseok deserves.

 

Chanyeol turned and put his other side against the cushion, thanking that Minseok won’t see the blush on his cheeks because of the darkness that blanketed the ceiling and the cream walls.

 

"Better." Minseok said, and the smile that’s printed on his beautiful face made Chanyeol’s eyes widen as the sting was felt in every blink. Chanyeol dumbfoundingly said, "You look beautiful."

 

"What did you say? I didn’t catch that one." Minseok asked, making the younger one jump a little on his bed. Chanyeol got caught up in his words, "U-uhm… I-I… Uhm… I just want to know if y-you can’t sleep too."

 

Chanyeol just wanted to bang his head on the wall for being stupid, but Minseok’s sweet voice just lingered in his mind, “Yeah because I’m kinda hungry. But I’m lazier to stand up and get food.”

 

The younger one laughed a faint one, thinking that maybe he can cook something for his hyung, “Let me go get something in the kitchen for you, hyung.”

 

But what Chanyeol heard next made his feet weak to even stand up from his bed.

 

 

"Stay, please." The other line mumbled, a faint smile on Minseok’s face was seen by Chanyeol who was staring at the older one throughout the whole conversation. Please.

 

Chanyeol just wanted to stand up and jump on Minseok’s bed, hovering at the older one’s body and wrapping his fine arms on the curves of Minseok’s slender temple. He just wanted to bury Minseok’s face on the crook of his neck and smell the sweet scent of vanilla on his hyung’s hair, just like the precious thing he is for Chanyeol.

 

The younger one just wanted to drown Minseok in kisses just like how his love for the older one drowned him down the bottom of the ocean. He wanted to feel every breath and every touch and every warmth they can share and let him feel that Chanyeol can be anything Minseok needed.

 

Chanyeol just wanted a kiss on his lips every night.

 

Chanyeol just wanted to love Minseok, and Minseok to love him back.

 

Chanyeol just wanted to be someone Minseok waited for his whole life.

 

But he can’t right now.

 

 

He just can’t.

 

 

The door of the room slowly opened, making a creaking sound against the knots and the bolts attached on the wooden door frame. A silhouette appeared, the figure blocking the light that’s coming from outside as his body line showed exhaustion and tiredness from a whole day of schedule. Chanyeol could still clearly see who it was, and clearly know that his dream should end up soon.

 

"Tomorrow again, Chanyeol. Bye." The other line ended the call, in synched with the shutting sound of the door, and Chanyeol just chose to turn his back again against the moment that will shatter his heart, Chanyeol leaving mercy on himself even though he already picked up his broken hope many times before.

 

A faint voice was heard on the other side of the room, and Chanyeol covered himself with his duvet over his head, trying to shut his eyes in its tightest.

 

You should not make any sobbing sound, stupid.

 

For being to used to it, Chanyeol didn’t even notice a tear running down through the bridge of his nose, the first drop falling for another wet pillow.

 

"I missed you, Minseok."

 

He could clearly hear the rustling sound of the sheets as two people shared in wrinkling a bed flat, skin slapping on skin and lips smearing on another pair of lips.

 

Chanyeol didn’t even had the chance to say goodbye over the phone. Another tear found its place on Chanyeol’s pillow.

 

 

Tomorrow again, Minseok-hyung.

 

 

”I missed you too, Luhan.”

 


A/n: Oh, so it’s Luhan! Poor Chanyeol~ But I am torned! I love both ships, just kill me. Why must baozi hyung be so irresistible?! He’s breaking people’s hearts and also mine huehuehue. Anyway, thank you guys for reading this story!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! I EAT FEEDBACKS FOR BREAKFAST. (Like seriously, I check the internet before even brushing my teeth.) THANK YOU!