The Bet; Bet 1 - Tao

The Bet

My point of view.

I love morning. Why? Because every morning it's a brand new chapter for me. Fresh like the bread from the bakery next door. As usual, i did my morning routine, put on my casual outfit, braid my hair and put my glasses on. There you have it, Miss geek. Yep, that's me! Im the geek. Well, some people assume im the geek but really... im not. I don't know why they call me miss geek but you know, some people like to assume from what they see. 

Im Kim ____. 16 years old and is taken by food. People like me does not have the time to be dating anyone right now. why? I just don't believe in those romance bull. For me, the definition of love in my dictionary is heartbreak. My main focus right now is to study and go to Uni.

"Okay, im ready" i sighed as i put on my backpack. 

I went downstairs to meet my two lovable grandparents. My parents died in a car accident when i was 2. I didn't know what happened since i lost my memories. It's okay though since i have these 2 amazing wonderful people in my life. That is all i need. 

"Hey grandma, it looks good~" i said pointing at the food. She gave me a smile in return and told me to eat the food. 

"So.. what are your plans today guys?" I said sitting down 

"Nothing really.. i have to go to the garden to plant some vegetables and fruit" grandpa said while still reading the newspaper. 

I nodded in agreement still continue eating my food. Aw man, these food are so good! It's my heaven. 

"So grandma.. i thought you were going to go swimming with your friends?"

"Oh that, i cancelled it. I wanted to help grandpa instead." She said smiling at him. 

I smiled at the cheesy yet cute conversation. I looked at the time and realised that it was alreay 8.00am. Suho oppa will arrive soon. I put the dishes at the sink and quickly washed it. As soon as i finished i grabbed my bag and bid my grandparents good bye. 

"Where is he where is he where is he~?" 

I opened the door to reveal my most handsomest bestfriend, Suho. 

"Where's who?" He said with an adorable smile

"Where is that alien~?" I cooed

"Alien? I've come in peace, human, let's go to school together" He laughed 

"Okay okay, say bye bye to my grandparents" i said 

"Bye bye grandparents!" He said loudly.

My grandparents shouted "yes" afterwards making me laughed. 

~~~

Me and Suho has been bestfriend since kindegarten. He was always getting bullied by the boys because he looked like pure angel back then. Now, he's just a devil under that pretty face of his. A very gentle devil that i cherish the most. 

"So.. how's you?" He said breaking the awkward silence

"Im okay, still doing my thing you know" i said smiling 

"Ahh i see, that art thing is coming up right? Is your master piece gonna be out there picasso?" He raised his eyebrow and wriggled them.

"I hope so, i worked super hard on that" i pouted and sighed 

"Don't worry. Your piece will be up there" he said reasurringly.

We both talked until we reached school. It's good to see him doing well, 3 days ago he was in a state where he was so sad he couldn't even talk to me for 3 days. Why? Turned out, his girlfriend was actually getting married to another man. 

"Hey _____, why would you not wear contacts?" He said out of the blue 

"Contacts are too..... complicated. And besides i would not look good in them." I rolled my eyes. 

"No no, i mean.. i've seen you without glasses..you looked nice eventhough you can't even walk properly." He snorted 

"Shut up suho! Don't be so mean to me" i pouted and smacked his arm

"Let's just go to the class quickly" he laughed

"Yeah, i don't want to be late. You know what miss Lee does... it's freaking scary" i shivered closing my eyes together.

"Last time i was late, she made me run the field 50 times" Suho's eyes went wide. 

"She's a devil dude" i pat suho's shoulder 

"No way, she's satan" suho laughed. Just then, Miss Lee came behind both of us. she pop out of nowhere sometimes it's crazy. 

"Who's a satan?" She said smiling evilly. 

"Huh Miss Lee uhh no its nothing!" Both of us said in unison. 

"suho, let's run!" I said. He nodded and took my hand and both of us run to our class hoping Miss Lee will not put us in detention later on.

~~~

Suho and me reached our class pretty early.like usual, we came in first. It was pretty tiring running up here. Im not into sport that's probably why i panted a lot more than suho.

"Dude....you....run....too....fast" i said catching my breath.

"Im sorry. I forgot you haven't run for ages" he smiled.

We settled down into our seats and talked about this and that. You know those weird talk that you and your bestfriend always have. As soon as the clock strike 8.30am every student came into our class followed by Miss Lee. 

"Good morning" she said

"Good morning" all the student response.

"So today, we have new students coming to our class. Be nice everyone." She said. She opened the door to reveal the new students. 

Just then, the first guy who came into our class was really tall. He has blonde silver hair, a lot of earings, beautiful bronze skin, and he has the face of a prince. The other one followed him from behind. He has the same skin colour, same coloured hair, has a lip piercing, and has that face that will kill you if you mess with him. 

"Hi, Im Tao. This guy is Kai. Nice to meet you." He said. The last sentence sounded sarcastic. Who the hell are these guys? what's with his tone of voice? 

"Tao, Kai, sit next to ____ and Suho. Raise your hand _____" She said pointing at us

Out of all seat, why do they have to sit next to me and Suho. I sighed and put my hand up anyway. They looked at me and made their way to their new seat. The sat down and still, they couldn't take their eyes off of me. What are they staring at? My big and thick glasses? Big deal, every person who needs these pair of glasses has to wear it. 

"That glasses is eating half of your face" Tao said bluntly. 

I turned my head looked at him disgustingly. "Sorry, what? " 

"I said, that glasses is eating half of your face." he looked at me expressionless. 

"Ugh.. you know what, if it bothers you so much, why don't you just look what's in front of you" i said nicely

"But you are sitting in front of me" he smirked. 

"No, not me!" i rasied my voice 

"Then who? Right now, the one in front of me is you" he looked at me up and down. 

"whatever, just look other way if you have to!" 

"excuse me, is there a problem?" Miss Lee looked at both of us 

"no, not all!" i said. I looked at the smirking Tao who is probably enjoying the scene. I hate you already. 

~~~

Tao's Point of View

Let's get this straight and clear. Me and Kai hate school and the people inside. The only reason why we came here was because we got into fight a lot with the people in our previous school and Kai was involved with a teacher. 

"Are we even there yet?" Kai said annoyed. 

"Let me just park the car" i said calmly

We parked the car quickly and turned the engine off. We grabbed our bag and made our way to our new class. 

"What do you think will happen this time" Kai asked smirking. I know what he's talking about.

"Let's just see. Kai, don't get yourself involve with the teachers" i said in a serious tone. 

"I try not to" he said smirking. I sighed at his response.

Our homeroom teacher let us inside and introduced ourselves. 

"Im Tao, this guy is Kai. Nice to meet you" i said in a sarcastic tone.

"Tao, Kai, go sit next to ______ and Suho. ___ raise your hand" the teacher said and we made our way to the seat. 

I sat down quitely and observe this girl next to me. _____ was it? Interesting name for an interesting geeky girl. 

"That glasses is eating half of your face" i said bluntly.

She turned to face me. It's amazing how she can pull that expression with that massive thick glasses. 

"Sorry, what? " she said. Aww, she's already annoyed at me. How cute.

"I said, that glasses is eating half of your face" i repeated. I really want to see how she'll react. 

"Ugh.. you know what, if it bothers you so much, why don't you just look what's in front of you" she said in annoyance. 

God, you don't know how much i want to kiss her already. That tone of her voice is just y and those lips.. wow. I know she's a "geek", but she has a pretty clean big red plump luscious lips. 

"But you are sitting in front of me" i smirked. 

"no, not me!" she raised the tone a bit higher.

"Then who? Right now, the one in front of me is you" i said looking at her up and down. I can tell she does not like the way i looked at her like that.  But real talk now, she is so cute. She reminds me of the gerbil me and Kai used to raised. 

"Whatever just look at the other way if you have to!" she shouted. 

Hmm, she's interesting. most girls would die of happiness when i looked at them and starts talking to them. but why not this chick? 

"Is there a problem? Miss Lee interupted 

"no, not at all!" she said smiling. I smirked at her response. She really is too cute. 

~~~~

Annyeong everyone! How's the first chapter? I hope it's not too boring for you guys Dx 
Keep on reading everyone, more chapter is coming :) 
Subscribe ~ Comment ~ Share the love <3