"He has lots to learn"

Hold Me Safe

August 30, 2013

 

Two men stood in front of the auditorium entrance, which meant it was my lucky day. Like all the other times, I snuck in from the back doors, only unlocked because of him. Sweet melodies filled the air. The beautiful notes danced around the whole auditorium. And certainly, there he is, sitting properly at the piano as he engrossed himself in his music. His fingers moved meticulously on the piano keys like they were dancing on them. His beautiful dark eyes were closed, allowing me to admire his charmful face secretly. I can’t say I smiled but to be honest, I believe I showed no expression. However, a pleasant feeling filled my body. After a few more moments of standing, I walked back to my own place in the back corner, writing in you currently. Come to think of it, it’s been two years and going on our third like this. Even if we see each other in class, we wouldn’t talk. Guess we both enjoy this silence between us. No other sound could be heard other than the beautiful music coming out of his piano.

 

“No lyrics for me today? Well, I’m done for today. Remember to lock the back door when you leave.” It was a text message from him, Jaejoong. With that, he packed his things and walked out.

 

That’s how we communicate. The only time where we said more than ‘hey’ was when he asked me for my number. He’s not so fond of talking either. But the difference between him and me is that I’m a loner, he’s the guy that’s too amazing and out of your reach to talk to. I’ve been thinking lately. People say that when you fall, there will always be a hand there to pull you back up. Could he be the one who gives me his hand? Who am i kidding, no one can change me life even if they want to. It’s just the way it is. I simply sent a message of gratitude back. ‘Thanks’

 

- Bae Seulgi

 

August 30, 2013

 

Yap, Yap, Yap….here goes my Auntie again. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a lovely lady but how is she so...so...so old lady at such a young age? She’s only 30, not that old...However, ever since I got off the plane, she has been telling me I should do this, do that, couldn’t do this, couldn’t that. Saying, “Why didn’t you get your paper work done earlier? Why didn’t you book your ticket earlier? Why didn’t you pack earlier?”...Man, going to live with her, going to need to learn a way to tune her out just a bit. Never really mastered that after living with her all these years though. Maybe finding her a boyfriend will help. Then she can annoy him and not me.

 

I was only late because a couple of my friends decided to throw me a farewell party a few days after my booked flight. Luckily, the airway allows me to change my date of flight.  Plus, I’m only missing a couple of days. Beginning of the school year, I can certainly catch up.

 

Anyway, Korea’s great so far! Though, I couldn’t recognize the familiar faces and buildings, lots have changed. It’ll probably take me a little to get used to the pace of things around here, but it’s great to be back. Well it’s getting late and tomorrow will be my first day of school so I better head off to bed now. Goodnight.

 

-Jung Yunho

 

September 1, 2013

 

Guess what?! I have Auntie as a professor for one of my classes. What a coincidence right? But I have to call her ‘Miss Jung’ in class since she doesn’t really want her students to know I’m her nephew. She said she doesn’t want people to judge me from the start, however it works out great me. I rather people don’t have pre-emptive judgements about me.

 

The campus was super nice! A student toured me and another girl named Tiffany around. Kind of relieved, Tiffany was like me, coming back to school late. She actually ended up in the same class with Auntie too. She seems like a nice girl, has a bubbly face and short hair. Pretty cute and really smiley too. She’s definitely different from the girl I sate next to in Auntie’s class. Yes, Auntie likes to assign seats...in college…

 

I don’t know if it was me but she seemed to show no interest in anybody. I tried to say hi and introduce myself but I wasn’t able to know her name until it was called by Auntie in roll call: Bae Seulgi. Cute name but cold person. It’s weird to say but something about her seems to attract me...I don’t mean in an affectionate way but something about her seems to be sending me signals. SOS signals asking for help. Ha, I’m probably thinking too much.

 

- Jung Yunho

 

September 1, 2013

 

Two new people came into Miss Jung’s class today and wasted a good fifteen minutes of our class time. You’ll never guess who came in. A person I never want to see in my life again appeared right in front of my eyes. My heart might be cold but her heart is ice and hollow. An innocent devil, that’s what she is. She has the most innocent, cutest, niave outlook but inside, she’s the true definition of evil. She sat down a couple seats before me and smiled to her table partner, a sweet smile that anyone would’ve fell for, thinking she is just another nice girl. She showed no signs of knowing me but it’s never too safe to keep my distance. She had wronged me and this time, I’m not stepping back.

 

As for the other boy, he’s just too happy. Smiling all the time. I wanted so bad to tell him I have no intention in knowing you so you can shut up. But that’s too long of a sentence to say to a person. He’ll eventually shut up and that he did. He just kept his little grin like the whole world is perfect for him. He has lots to learn.

 

- Bae Seulgi.