-04-

Troublemakers

Jung Jimin

“Tao, come on !”

I rolled my eyes at the big guy laying in bed, topless and morning bed hair, everything that could make any girl swoon for, but me. If I were that easy to be swept off by Huang Zitao, it hadn’t taken me years to jump him just now, had it ?

He looked plain stupid and lazy to me. His body was not that great even though I admit taking wushu class do him good. I jumped onto his bed and sat crossed-legs on his stomach, he groaned in annoyance that his sleep was interrupted but giggle soon after that, reaching his hand out and trying to push me off.

“I can’t breathe, Min”, Tao whined, he struggled to escape from me but I firmly stayed still on him, “Wake up, we have 30 minutes to finish breakfast and go to work”. I caught his heavy-eyelid-eyes and stared him down, “Quick !”

Tao raised an eyebrow, amusement crossed his face, I faltered back, blinking at him.

“Get off, you fat pig”, he chuckled, this time pulling his knee up and shook me off easily. I dropped on my side and landed softly on his bed. Tao sat up and his back displayed freely to me. I looked at him in disgust, “Don’t tell me you don’t even wear anything down there”.

He whirled his head around, his eyes widened at my accusation but a creepy smirk scared the heck out of me. His eyes narrowed and lips curved up like a ert and the moment his hands yanked the blanket out of his lower self, I screamed and ran out of his room, without looking back to see if he was serious wearing nothing.

No way I was going to see my bestfriend fully , no way.

“I WAS KIDDING, MIN !”

Screw him, next time, I would wake him up using a hard way. Urgh.

 

Tao drove both of us to the hotel exactly two minutes early before the clock could be read 7AM. I was used to seeing people bowing to him, sometimes to me, after three weeks working here. I guessed I suddenly became famous after that incident where I ate a damn cockroach.

The look they gave me was not a judging one, but an awed and respect one though. I once overheard the female room-cleaners talking while I was doing my private moment inside a toilet booth – they gossiped about how the new chef owned their boss, I was confused by what they meant by I owned Oh Bastard but yes, I remembered, I kicked him right in his . Hah, it sounds refreshing as if the memory was still new.

Anyways, I parted way with Tao at the elevator as he entered it and headed up to his office while I headed straight to the kitchen on the ground floor. Tao was annoying as always because he never failed to remind me this useless sentence, “Don’t cause any trouble”.

Am I a troublemaker ?

Uh … maybe Tao was right. Trouble was like my other bestfriend ever since I was young. The strongest memory was when I tried to feed my neighbor’s dog, because I was nice, he ended up chasing me around the neighbor, I was not a crier even when I was a kid and you guessed what happened ? I threw a brick I found randomly while running and chucked it at the dog. He had a broken leg and black eyes for a month. Gosh, I turned from the victim into a bad kid just like that.

“Jimin, good morning”

I stopped recalling my ugly childhood, even though it was fun, when a voice called out. I had just stepped out of the changing room in my newly chef uniform when Kyungsoo passed by and flashed me an adorable smile. “Good morning, Kyungsoo”, I held a hand out for him to hi-five but a hand flew out of nowhere and slapped mine a little too hard.

“Hello, sunshine !!”

I scowled as I spun around, rubbing my stinging palm and was welcomed with a hug by no other than the sunshine Chanyeol himself. “Morning, Yeol”, I muttered, still holding grudges because of the slapping hands. Sheesh, I was kidding. It’s normal for Chanyeol to act like this. I was never judging him.

The other chef assistants were all here and we began to do our jobs. I let Chanyeol take over all the Korean cuisine order while I took the Western one. Kyungsoo helped both of us to prepare the ingredients and his expression was a mess, probably torn apart whenever I and Chanyeol called him at the same time.

“Can you two please give me some time ?!”

I snickered. One thing I learnt while working with those two was how to annoy Kyungsoo. Chanyeol glanced at me from the other side of the counter and we both laughed, ignoring the killing glare Kyungsoo was giving us. “He lost it within ten minutes, new record”, I grinned. Usually, Kyungsoo would hold in for more than half an hour before he exploded.

“It’s because you two are idiots”, Kyungsoo tossed a basket full of kiwis, sliding across the table and reached my hand.

“Boiled lobster with kiwi sauce”. He said quickly before I could ask what this for. My heart dropped a little at the familiar dish. I knew a certain someone who loved sauce made from kiwi.

“Oh, and no cucumber, please”, he added and I blanched at that last note. Could it be him ?

“Who ordered this ?”, I tried to sound cool but failed, as my voice shook unconsciously. Chanyeol looked over at me but shrugged his shoulders when he noticed how cold my expression was. Thanks God he was not Tao, or else I would be attacked by questions.

“I had no idea, but there is a special note here, I want the new chef to bring this dish personally to the private meeting room”. Kyungsoo read the order paper. I could feel my blood rushing under my skin. Calm down, Jung Jimin, there was no way he could find out you’re here, Tao had made sure to kill all the gossips.

Taking in a deep breath, I assured myself again and again before beginning to chop down the kiwis to make sauce.

Whoever wanted to see me, as long as it’s not Byun Baekhyun, I would be okay.

 

I pushed the cart out of the elevator and headed straight to the double wooden doors in the end of the hall. Composing my uniform, I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, someone opened it from inside.

My eyes twitched at the sight of Oh Bastard welcoming me. Scratched that. He was glaring at me. He was still holding grudge against me for everything I did to him.

“Good afternoon, sir”, I bowed and I could already see the satisfied smirk without looking at him.

He stepped aside, motioning me to come inside by nodding his head. I pushed the cart inside and halted when Tao appeared in the middle of nowhere, staring at me with wide eyes, he was waving at me as if shooing me away. His body language screamed only one thing – go away, fast.

I peered over to see his source of panic and got myself a panic attack. In the middle of the room, the last person I wanted to see at this moment was sitting like a boss on the leather couch in the middle of the room. He was facing his back to the door so I guessed he hadn’t seen me yet.

Tao grabbed me by my shoulder and yanked me to stand behind his back. He was big enough and I was small enough to be hidden by him. I gulped nervously, mentally scolding myself for still being affected by his mere presence like this. Tao softened when he found panic in my eyes. “I got your back, Min”, he whispered, must because he didn’t want Baekhyun to hear us. I nodded my head numbly, all I could think about at that time was how to never let Baekhyun see me here.

Oh Bastard didn’t notice our odd behavior as he confidently approached Baekhyun and sat on the armchair across the man. “Our lunch is here, Director Byun”.

I held my breath after that, knowing that Baekhyun probably was looking for the chef that could make his specific favorite dish. My eyes shut close at the thought of him tasting the food. He knew my cooking like the back of his hand and I could never fool him if he got to eat this lunch.

“Bring the food inside, Chef Ju-“

“The chef couldn’t make it in here, sir. The kitchen is busy at the moment and I’m afraid that you couldn’t meet our new chef today”

I almost grabbed and kissed Tao senselessly because he was such an awesome bestfriend. He kept standing at that one spot, me behind his back, next to him was a wall that led to the bathroom and he waved his hand secretly for me to hide there. Of course I would hide, but not after ruining everything first. “Can you distract them for just five seconds ?”, I whispered, pinching his back with my fingers.

Tao’s back straightened and I already knew he didn’t want to do what I asked him to. He always thought that I would cause trouble. I never was a troublesome girl, was I ?

Eh … all I wanted to do was to dumb that bottle of salt into their lunch.

And I never went against my plan. When Tao screamed, “LOOK !” and pointed randomly at the window, I opened the lid and dumb the whole bottle into the sauce. At the moment Baekhyun and Oh Bastard looked back at Tao curiously, I had already ran into the bathroom, snickering whole-heartedly.

I felt a little bad that Baekhyun would soon have a nightmare related to his favorite dish after tasting that. As for Oh Bastard, he should be thankful that I hadn’t put peppers instead. I still remembered that he had a weak stomach and hot stuffs or chilly ones would kill him, literally.

 

 

Oh Sehun

Something was wrong.

Why did Tao lie that Jung Munchkin was not here ? She couldn’t be avoiding me because we had just encountered a while ago. Could it be Byun Baekhyun who she ran away from ?

I was about to force her to come out of Tao’s back when Tao screamed and stared horribly at the window. I swirled my head to see what he was screaming for but just a bird flew by that all I could see.

Director Byun also looked back at Tao who was now grinning meekly at us. He pushed the cart with one hand and I blanched at his antic. That munchkin must have run to the bathroom.

Byun Baekhyun gave Tao a distrustful look, I raised an eyebrow in amusement. Usually, he should have kept his cool around business partner like us, instead, he directly showed how disturbed he was.

Tao carefully placed the lunch on the table in front of us, a little clumsy but he didn’t spill anything, gladly.

“Where is Jimin ?”

I blinked at first, thinking that Baekhyun was asking me, but how did he know that I knew Jimin ? But I was wrong when Tao shook his head firmly.

“I hadn’t heard from her since last month”

What a liar, I scoffed mentally. Now I was sure that those three had something going on among them.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “You’re the only person she could go for, Tao. Where is she ?”, he turned his upper body and I stared at Tao in alarm. Were they about to throw punches here and there ? Not in my hotel, dudes !

“I had no idea, hyung. But aren’t you here to discuss about the collaboration between us ?”, Tao dismissed the question smoothly. I cleared my throat once Tao gave me a look, as if he was ordering me to take over the situation. Did he forget that I was his boss ?

Just this time, Huang Zitao.

I flashed a fake smile when Baekhyun grunted and looked up at me. “The food will be cold, we should talk while eating, Director Byun”

I raised an eyebrow at my plate. The kiwi sauce was beautiful, the lobster was decorated into a flower and I once again had to give credit to Jung Munchkin. I picked up the fork and was about to help myself a piece of lobster when a crashing sound between metal and glass shocked me out of my world.

Tao smirked behind Baekhyun while the man coughed madly, punching his chest again and again. “What happened, Director Byun ?”, I asked out of concern. He should never die in my hotel, people would talk and I would bankrupt !

Baekhyun continued to cough, pointing at the lobster and I dumb a piece inside my mouth without thinking. I hoped I had thought first though, because it’s now my turn to cough like a mad dog.

What the hell did Jung Munchkin do to these beautiful dishes ?!

It’s too salty. I felt like I had been drown under the sea !

“A-Are you planning to kill me ?!”

I grabbed the cup of water and gulped down in one shot. “No, Director Byun. It’s a mistake, our kitchen would have mistaken the salt or something. I swear I didn’t plan any of this”.

Baekhyun shot up, wiping his mouth harshly. Everything happened too fast and before I knew it, he had already disappeared out of my meeting room.

“This girl, tsk”

I glared at Tao. He stuck his finger into Baekhyun’s plate and on it, his face scrunched up in distaste. The salty feeling was so strong !

I ignored Tao when he looked at me questioningly as I made my way towards the bathroom. I rolled my eyes because I could clearly see Jung Munchkin’s shadow behind the door.

I turned the doorknob and kicked it open.

“YAH !”

She even dared to yell at me.

I crossed my arms and watched as she rubbed her nose. “First thing, you refused to meet my guest. Second thing, you put too many salt and almost kill me. Third thing, you made my assistant lie to me. Last thing, you had just yelled at your boss. Oh, and I forgot, you know Baekhyun ?”

She puffed her cheeks and brushed past me, I followed her and almost bumped into her back when she suddenly stopped, “Is he still here ?”, she peered at me. I stiffly shook my head and she let out a relieved sigh.

“Answer my question, Jung Munchkin”

“Shut up, Oh Bast-“

I raised an eyebrow. She stopped talking and covered . I snickered, “Oh Bastard, right ? You seem to call me that everytime I am not around”.

“Sorry, sir”

I gawked as she bowed curtly before walking out to hi-five Tao. “Thanks, buddy”

“Wait a minute, now I know why Byun Baekhyun knows you ! You worked for JJ Hotel before, and he is the director !”

I was so proud of myself for catching that munchkin off-guarded. She stiffened visibly and Tao placed his hand on the top of her head. I walked closer to them and Jung Munchkin took an unconscious step back. To be honest, when I first agreed to let her work here, all I wanted to do was to make her pay back for 1200 won. But then she was an awesome chef, I would never admit it to her though, and she did a great job that every customers enjoyed her cooking. I couldn’t find her weak point to play around yet.

Byun Baekhyun was a given gift. Just the mere look in her eyes told me that Jung Jimin was more or less, affected by Byun Baekhyun.

Hell yes.

Maybe she ruined something while working there, that’s why Baekhyun wanted to find her so badly.

“Yes, you’re right, sir”, the munchkin nodded her head. She rubbed her arms continuously while avoiding my stare.

“You know what ? I am going to call him and tell him the truth that you’re here”, I shrugged, taking my phone out and pretended to punch his number. I didn’t have his number to be honest, this was my first time seeing him in person.

Suddenly, my heart beat increased its race and a tingling feeling ran from my arm down to every corner of my body.

My head seemed to be the only part that could move and I looked down to stare at a small hand wrapped around my wrist. It was a new feeling. I never felt like this before. I looked up and my knees almost wobbled. Jung Munchkin was giving me her begging eyes and oddly, I found her cute.

“Please, Sehun. Please keep it as a secret …”

Call me crazy, after hearing that and seeing her expression, I never wanted to tell Baekhyun that Jung Jimin was working for me.


Baekhyun made his entrance. He was mentioned once in chapter 1 though, if you notice.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do when Taeyeon and Baekhyun confirmed dating. There was something inside me died down it's not because Baekhyung dating someone. Everything hit me so hard and I was angry, disappointed and felt like a fool.

I even thought of changing Baekhyun character into Chen or Luhan. But I made his character up for this story so exchanging was not a good option. And he didn't deserve any of our hatred for dating. (Well, until now, the way he dated is still slightly ugly to me)

But my feeling is fine now, Baekhyun is still important to me and to EXO. So I hope his appearance here won't make you guy uncomfortable :D

Let's all love EXO and Baekhyun, and Wu Yifan :)