-03-

Troublemakers

Oh Sehun

It was just the beginning for winter break all around the world, and most Korean who stayed abroad were coming back for vacation and where they chose to stay at during such holiday ? Of course, Oh Royal Hotel.

I didn’t mean to be over-confident, but well, it’s the fact that everyone had to admit. We had the best services that could beat any five-star hotel daring to fight against us, actually, JJ Hotel was fairly as good as mine hotel. But Oh Royal was slightly better, no talking back.

The peak was that more profits were coming into my bank account, which meant, I was richer now. Yes.

The worse was, there was so many things to do and so many people to meet that I felt like my life had nothing better to do than working. Did I just say that ? No, no, the reason for Oh Sehun to live is working and making money. You heard that right.

I signed the last documents Tao handed me this morning and gladly pushed them aside, closing the cap over my favorite pen, I leaned back and spun my swivel chair around so that I could face the whole Seoul outside the window.

Just when I closed my eyes, I heard the sound of the door being opened. Here went my little alone time.

“What, Tao ?”

A snicker was all I received from the intruder. My eyebrow rose up in annoyance. I started to think that Tao had double personalities, he would be all nice and obedient this moment but then stubborn and demanding the next second. I bet he was having a bad morning now.

Tao waited for me to fully face him before speaking. “There is a ruckus inside the dining hall. One customer asked to see you because he said there was a cockroach inside his meal”

A what ?

“Cockroach ? I have never seen one when I first started this hotel, which was four years ago. How did he expect to have a damn cockroach inside his meal ?!”. The whole idea sounded ridiculous to me already, a cockroach ?

Tao grimly looked at me, he scooped the pile of documents I had signed inside his arm while giving me a look, “He keeps yelling and saying how disgusting our hotel is, that slowly gets to other customers and you know the consequences”.

Normally, whenever Tao acted like he knew better than me, I would give him a slap on the back of his head. But this was not a joke and I knew he was worried, despite his unpleasant expression though. I pushed myself off the chair and grabbed my phone, Tao automatically followed me right behind.

Whoever that customer was, I had to deal with him my own way.

 

***

 

Tao was not exaggerating to be honest. The whole dining hall was like a battlefield, with just one aggressor. Everyone was looking at the same direction and it took me millisecond to spot the causer for this ruckus.

One man, must be around my age, was sitting like a stupid swagger, his head hung low but I could see a satisfying smirk playing at the corner of his lips. Something about this guy irked my guts.

The whole room felt into silence once I stepped inside and wasted no time to approach the unhappy customer. I could already tell Tao’s death glare was on working mode because the man glanced behind me and gulped nervously.

“Good morning, sir. I am the director, may I help you ?”, I curtly nodded my head.

The man switched his gaze towards me and there was this short moment he studied me up and down. I cleared my throat and nodded at his lunch. It was our best set menu here and there was a cockroach in its ?

“I was having lunch and a cockroach interrupted my meal. How come a hotel like Oh Royal could be this careless towards their customers’ meals ?”

His words were nice, but his tone was not that pleasant at all.

“May I see the evidence, sir ?”, I could see his eyes slightly narrowed because of the hostility in my voice.  He nodded his head seemingly angry and I carefully lifted the plate off of the surface and examined it.

Tao in a deep breath behind, he must have seen what I was looking at right now.

A bright brown tiny cockroach was lying upside down in the middle of the plate.

If I were not Oh Sehun, I would throw up at the sight of this disgusting creature. But the Oh Director had to keep his expression cool and nonetheless, and that what I did.

“Call the chef who made this”, I nodded at Tao and he bowed before dashing to the direction of the kitchen. I placed the plate back onto the table and flashed the man a tight smile. He snorted instead, “I can’t believe it, this place is horrible. I should call the editorial office and tell them about this. Oh Royal Hotel is doomed”, he laughed wickedly and at this moment, I knew that this guy purposely did everything to damage our reputation.

Everyone stopped paying attention to us and went back to their lunch, some was leaving but the managers knew what to do. I waited for Tao to return without saying anything else, preventing myself from kicking him out of my place. I could have Kai conceal the news about the cockroach, but that jackass would never cover for me if it’s about Oh Sehun the heartless director. He loved to annoy me.

So to save my image, I had to stay calm.

Luckily, Tao came back shortly after. I turned around to see who was the chef that made this dish even though I knew it’s not any of my employees’ fault.

My eyes slightly rounded at the sight of that munchkin. She stood a little behind Tao and her eyes met with mine for a mere second before she stared hard at the man.

“What happened, sir ?”

I was slightly taken aback. Did she just talk to me ? That’s … the first time she called me sir. At least that munchkin knew how to respect her boss.

Tao reached for her arm but she brushed him off just as quick. It’s amusing to see a girl controlling over Tao like this.

“There is a cockroach inside his meal, I want to know who made his lunch today”, I calmly stated. I studied her expression, she was not a bit surprised to my explanation. Her head was kept still and only her eyes slid down to see inside the plate. Her eyebrows twitched and there was a slight anger in her orbs.

“Director, it’s Cha-“

“I made his lunch”

I raised an eyebrow. What was Tao trying to say ? Anyway, I gave Jung munchkin a look and nodded my head, “You’re responsible for this”, I expected her to give me at least a glare, because we all knew that man planned to put a cockroach inside his meal. But to my surprise, Jung munchkin approached the man and looked straight into his eyes.

Tao sighed softly next to me and I turned to look at him, “What ?”, I mouthed.

“Nothing, sir”, he avoided looking into my eyes and kept a protective stare on the munchkin. Tsk. Love sick Zitao.

Rolling my eyes because of his ridiculousness, I returned my gold attention to that munchkin. She observed the dish for a good minute before mumbling softly something under her breath. I guessed that man heard her because his face became pale and he took a step back due to surprise.

“Y-You want to kill me ?! Why did you put a cockroach inside my meal ?”

Oh great, now he tried to gain attention by yelling loudly and waving his arms, feigning panic attack. I couldn’t let him make a show here like this, asking for this munchkin to come here was a mistake. She knew nothing and could do nothing !

The whole dining hall broke into gasps and whisperings, someone even shouted. I was still in a blur about what happened when Tao brushed past my shoulder and grasped that munchkin roughly by her arm.

I blinked in confusion since the man lost all blood in his face as he watched Jung munchkin as if she was eating that cockroach.

Wait.

She did eat that cockroach…

Tao slapped his hand over Jung munchkin’s mouth but she quickly swallowed everything. There was a slight loathsome in her eyes before she looked calm all over again. Tao looked like he was on the verge of crying, his fists were tightened and I was worried that he might punch that man to death.

Now back to what had just happened. Did Jung munchkin really eat that cockroach ? I couldn’t see her doing that but according to all the shocked expression around the room, I guessed she did it.

“Now I prove it to you that you wouldn’t die eating a cockroach. And it’s unfair for me to eat something you put inside this plate, huh, Choi Sunwoo ?”

Choi Sunwoo, she knew him ?

“You did something reckless again, Sunwoo-ssi. There are twenty four cameras inside this dining hall and we can always see where that cockroach came from. How about I lead you to our security room and you see it yourself ?”

Wow. She was one tough nut. I didn’t know anyone can reply after she drove them in a tight corner like this. Except me, dude.

“C-Cameras ?”, that man shuttered and his body was now shaking. I started to relax because that munchkin seemed to handle everything well. I would not admit it to her, or Tao, but she was really cool to eat that cockroach. Her words would mean nothing if she didn’t do such brave thing.

“Yes, thanks to your last encounter at JJ Hotel, they had told other hotels to be careful, in case someone decided to play dirty again”

A smirk played on her lips and that was the last straw, that man, who I guessed his name was Sunwoo, boiled up from the seat and stomped out of the dining hall, I looked at Tao and he knowingly followed that man right away.

I turned to leave because everything was okay now. But the munchkin caught my attention, she was cleaning the table where Sunwoo was sitting at herself, usually the chef would never lay a finger on such things. But she dismissed the male waiter who wanted to clean and did everything in a short time.

“Yah, munchkin”, I called, crossing my arms.

She placed the dishes onto the cart, motioning the waiter to bring them inside before turning to me, looking uninterested.

“Yes, sir”

Ugrh, she irked me with everything she did. The way she moved towards me was annoying as well.

“Why did you eat that cockroach ?”, I asked, even though I already knew her answer.

“Because it’s already cooked”

Okay, I didn’t know that answer. My eyebrow twitched in irritation. She was standing straight with her hands crossed behind her back, her face looked ahead but didn’t once look at me.

 “There are only four cameras inside this hall”, I blankly stated. Let’s see how you talk back to me, Jung Munchkin.

Her expression became bored. Was I that boring ?

“I know. By the way, my name is not munchkin, sir”, she looked at me, and I could see challenging in those eyes.

I cleared my throat because a few employees and customers were looking at us weirdly. What ? Was it weird to see me talking with my employee ? Oh, okay, I never talked to them, actually. So this munchkin was the first one I ever bothered to talk at work. Lucky her, if only she knew how to cherish this moment instead of giving me that face.

“Are you having nothing to do, Director ? Because I have no time to talk to you”, she looked me up and down, as if saying I was a free kid that had nothing better to do than to talk with her.

I opened my lips to give her a little of my mind when a figure appeared behind her and ruined everything.

“Oh, Sehun, hi ! I need Jimin with me right now, so bye !”

My jaw dropped when Kyungsoo dragged her away. Kyungsoo was a sous-chef and one of my friends, again. I should think about firing my friends, working with them meant you would never receive any respectful name address.

They disappeared behind the kitchen door and I gritted my teeth. Jung Munchkin had just called me jobless. She owned me 1200 won, and now she disregarded me. Gosh, where did this girl come from ?

“Oh Sehun, I’m back !”

Right … from Huang Zitao.

 

 

Jung Jimin

Everyone had their dinner and it’s time for me to get off work.

What an eventful day. I never knew I had to eat that gross cockroach. But why did that Choi Sunwoo appear at this hotel ? Last year, he pulled the same trick at JJ Hotel and now he played dirty again. I should have asked Baekhyun which hotel he belonged to. Uh, maybe not. I couldn’t see Baekhyun at this time.

The awful taste of that creation was still lingering in my mouth but thankfully it was semi-cooked, must be when that guy threw it inside the plate, the heat was enough to cook it.

Chanyeol patted my head as he finally came out of the changing room. “You’re amazing today, Jimin ! If it were me, I would let Sehun do all the hard work !”

I smiled at him, he was always sunny and it brightened my mood. I took off the chef hat and ed my white shirt. The first time he saw me doing this, he blushed dark red but after two weeks, he grew used to my laziness. It’s winter and I wore the uniform over my normal clothes. That helped me to save time changing and even cozy myself.

“I could do nothing. It’s either slamming the dish into his face or eating the gross thing. But I wanted to keep the hotel’s image so the former sounded not good at all”, I shrugged and finally all prepared to come home. Correction: Tao’s home.

Chanyeol shut the lights inside the kitchen before he opened the door for me like a gentleman. We took time walk out when he asked me to have dinner with him and Kyungsoo. Those two rent an apartment inside the building I was staying with Tao. But unlike me, they rarely cooked at home with an excuse “We cook enough for hundreds of people for a day”

“Kyungsoo will be waiting for you, Yeol. Go ahead, I think I will make dinner and eat it with Tao”, I patted his shoulder and Chanyeol seemed to be disappointed that I didn’t come with them but he quickly flashed a smile.

“Okay, I will be going first then. I’ll see you tomorrow ?”, he held his hand out and I heartily laughed while hi-fiving him. Chanyeol was a cute giant.

He waved and ran off like little kid. I shook my head at his behavior and still kept my time walking out.

While I was only three feet away from the entrance, someone crashed onto me from behind.

There was this ache on my shoulder blade and I swirled around. Hul, who was this ?

Tao cutely smiled at me but I kept my burning stare on the rude bastard. He bumped onto me and by the look on his face, he did it on purpose ! Just his face annoyed me to death. How come a director like him could watch his employee dealing with a rude customer that obviously trying to ruin his hotel ? He did it on purpose too ! I bet he really loved it when I ate the cockroach !

We’re still inside the hotel. We’re still inside the hotel. I told myself and held back this urge to punch him. Tao gave me a look, he already could read my mind. I flashed a tight, fake smile at the rude bastard and bowed to him, “Good evening, sir”.

He seemed to really enjoy my hopeless resentment and smirked happily. Not saying a single word, he darted out of the entrance and I joyfully ran after him and Tao.

The moment we all stepped foot out of the area of his hotel. I swung my leg and kicked him fair and square right into his . Serve you right, bastard.

“Not really a good evening, right, rude bastard ?”, I cocked a brow and playfully stuck my tongue out.

Tao gasped, not knowing what to do. He looked at a now cursing bastard and turned to me, “Yah, Jung Jimin !”

I snapped right back. They had to right to make me act all respectful and professional once I was out of working hour. “He bumped onto my shoulder !”

“I am your boss !”, the bastard sharply retorted. I scoffed, “Not after we all step out of your hotel”. I was about to call his full name to add in more to the tease but halt. I didn’t remember his name … I should stop calling him rude bastard in my mind or else I would soon forget to call him Oh Director at work too.

“Sehun, yah, you okay ?”, Tao worriedly pat his and the bastard yelped painfully.

I would have felt bad if it was not for his funny face that was screaming pain and I-Hate-Jung-Munchkin. I knew he called me Jung Munchkin. It’s only fair that I called him Oh Bastard since now, wasn’t it ?

“Oh Sehun, good night !”, I blew a flying kiss to them, mostly to my bestfriend. Tao rolled his eyes and wagged his finger, calling me to come closer to them but I was not a fool. He sure was calling me troublemaker again in his mind. I quickly hopped onto the next bus and waved excitedly to the panda and his groaning friend.

“JUNG MUNCHKIN !”

Revenge was sweet, as always.

 


Um, yeah, I just want to say, please comment if you did read this chapter :)

And if you're a silent reader, who only comment at the end of this story, please also give me a notification beforehand so I know that at least you're still reading :) Thank you ~