Captain Canada

Life Underneath the Pine Trees

Drabble #2: Captain Canada

words: 685

summary: Ryeowook finds out that Kris is certainly not American.

 

   "So, Jifan is it?"

   "Yifan, sir."

   "Rifan, got it."

   Ryeowook glares as he sees Kris smile at him. How the hell was he supposed to bring out the beast he knows that's lying in that man, when all he was receiving was smiles and grins for his well thought out insults.

   The Do family and their plus one were sitting around the dinner table; the nonchalant Yesung and fuming Ryeowook on one side; and gummy smiling Kris and blooming Kyungsoo on the other. The three were engaged in a conversation of where do you go to schools and how old were yous  when Ryeowook abruptly interrupted, not liking the way the blonde was brushing his hand against his son's arm.

 

   "So what are your intentions with my son?" Ryeowook asks coldly, smirking inwardly when he sees Kris widen his eyes at the question.

   Got you know pretty boy

   "Well, sir, honestly, I just want to start out slow with Kyungsoo; get to know each other and-"

 

   "I KNOW YOUR REAL INTENTIONS OF GETTING HIM ALL PREGNANT AND FAT WITH YOUR UNHEALTHY AMERICAN STEAKS AND QUARTER POUND BURGERS AND ENTRAPPING HIM IN YOUR SO CALLED LAND OF FREEDOM." Ryeowook rants off, stabbing at his pork, before continuing. 

   "I KNOW GUYS LIKE YOU, YOU WANT TO KNOCK HIM UP, GET HIM IN AN MTV SHOW, AND SQUAT AS SOON AS YOU GET THE MONEY. WELL I WANT YOU TO KNOW MY FATHER'S GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS A GOOD TRA-" Ryeowook almost chokes when Yesung shoves a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

   Kris looks confused and Kyungsoo just wants to kill himself for for all the embarrassment. 

 

   "We're sorry about that, Kris, Ryeowook's just stressed out with work that's all." Yesung says with a sheepish grin, secretly pinching his husband's thigh when he sees him open his mouth. 

   "Oh! Of course, I absolutely understand, sir. But I do think you got me all wrong, Mr. Do. Not an ounce of American blood is in me. I'm full-blooded Chinese with a Canadian citizenship! Which also explains my english nickname, Westerners aren't exactly fond of saying Yifan all the time." Yifan explains with that stupid smile of his that Ryeowook would absolutely love to swipe off with a butter knife. So close and yet so far...

 

 

   Ryeowook stands up, and walks to the kitchen silently; all three pairs of eyes watching his every move in surprise. Even through closed doors, they hear the man cry out.

   "OH MY GOD MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE GOING TO BE MAPLE SYRUP LOVING ICE HOCKEY PLAYERS WHO USHER'S DEFINITELY GOING TO RECRUIT AND MAKE INTO TEENAGE IDOLS SINGING ABOUT THEIR PETTY LOVE STORY WHEN THEY WERE THIRTEEN."

 

  Yesung sughs before turning to the two acroos him with a strained smile.

  "Sorry, I'll go check on my husband for awhile." He says standing up, and entering the kitchen.

 

   Kyungsoo turns to his mate with an embarrassed, flushed face.

   "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for my parents to be like this, I mean they usually aren't like this, it's just dad can be a little bit too much, oh gosh, i understand if you never want to see me aga-" The pale boy was sputtering out apologies like a machine gun when Kris abruptly kisses him flush on his plump lips.

   "Hush. Your family is perfect. You're perfect." He says sweetly, brushing the smaller boy's fringe away from his sweating forehead, looking at him with all the love in the world. The two were stuck in a never ending trance, so in love, forgetting about the dinner and the rest of the world.

  Sadly, these romantic notions were never made to last and their moment gets ruined when they hear screams (a banshee's wail if you asked Kyungsoo) from the kitchen.

 

 

 

  " OH MY GOD WHY COULDN'T HE BE AMERICAN INSTEAD, AT LEAST THEY HAVE ING CHRIS EVANS AS A HOT CAPTAIN AMERICA."

   Kyungsoo thinks of the many ways he could kill himself with simple kitchenware.

 


 

 

A/N:   winterspade here. haha i'm enjoying crazy ryeo too much. <3 enjoy still tho haha comments are appreciated ;u;