I Remember

Unwillingly

10 years ago

I woke up in panic. The screaming from outside sounded like it was from my mother. I knew this day would come sooner or later. The second 'apocalypse' has come. The first one was a day everybody expected. When the moon and the sun collided and the angels and devils held war on our planet, we thought that was our end. Luckily for us, both sides made peace and fled. 

Letting my feet drag against the stone cold floor, I realized my family ran away without me. Of course, who would want to save the mentally-ill girl who has memory of something that never happened? That's right, I have memory of something that everybody doesn't remember. I remember the first 'apocalypse' so clearly. Everybody doesn't believe me. They don't remember because the angels and devils decided to wipe everybody's minds of the scene and repair the earth before leaving. However, I was spared. Their exact words were, Your memory of this might come in handy one day. And then they left; flew up to the sky and disappeared. I sigh as I climb out of my window and into the burning world. Chaos wad one word to describe this. But déjà vu described what I feel. I wasn't scared at all. I know they meant no harm to us, as long as we never interfered with their battles. But this time, they weren't fighting. This time they were just roaming around the planet. They looked like regular humans plus flaring auras, tails, horns, wings and strangely colored eyes. I didnt bother telling anybody that these are the people that I remember. No one would care, anyway. The strange people only harmed ones if they were being harmed back, or so I thought. I went up to one, who was pale in complexion and had shining eye smiles, like mine. I didn't understand why she was smiling at me, but it kind of made me feel special, like someone cared for me. 

"Hello, child." She greeted in an angelic voice. "Don't be scared." She reached out to me.

My ten year old body dared to hold her hand and the next thing I know she was holding me by both of my arms. "You remember the last time, don't you?"

I nod, her eyes giving me comfort. "What is it you want to ask, child?'

I'm not sure how she knew, maybe my curious eyes gave it away. "Why did you choose me to remember?"

"My child, it wasn't me who chose you. I cannot give you the answer to something I do not know. I am sorry." She truly had sympathy in her eyes and I believed her more than I ever believed others. 

"Then can you give me something to make others believe this happened?"

"I'm not sure that you would want that, young one. I can only give one thing that would make others believe you, but it could make them fear you as well." 

"Please, just... anything. Just give me anything."

"As you wish, child. Just know, you are not alone." She grazed her graceful fingers on my forehead and disappeared. 

I didn't feel any different, but I was in a different place. A forest to be exact.

"Hello?"

I didn't say that. Who was that? I looked around, panicking. "Hello?" I replied back. 

"Who's there?!" The voice echoed again. 

I rustled through the bushes to look for the other person. What's happening? Where am I?

I stopped walking and I was met with a pair of chocolate dark eyes.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

"Who are you?" She questioned. 

"I-I'm Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang."

She stared at me, intrigued. "What am I doing here?" 

"I'm thinking the same question."

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, by the way... And at least we're away from the angels and devils." She looked down at her feet. "Do you know why they're here again?"

"I'm not su- Wait, did you just say 'again'? As in, they were here before?" I forrowed my brows.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't remember. I mean, no body else remembers the first apocalypse, but me."

"The first apocalypse? I remember it!" I urgently answered. 

"Yeah right. You're probably saying that to make me feel better. You probably think I'm a freak."

"No, I don't. I remember all of it. The sun and moon collided, the devils and angels went to war, they made peace, repaired earth, and they wiped out everybody's memories of it." I explained just the summary of what happened.

"So you do remember it?" She lifted her head.

"Yeah, except they spared my memory and probably your's too." I leaned on a tree. It seemed as if she wanted to follow my action, but was a bit hesitant.

"I guess that's what the angel that sent me here meant when she said I wasn't alone." I continued.

"But why would they do this?" She, now, sat on a boulder.

"Maybe there's something special about us."

"Well, whatever it is, I hope we find out soon."