epilogue

Futile Love

Epilogue


 

The afternoon sun hangs high in the piece of azure blue sky, among the fluffy cotton candy-like clouds, its bright glaring rays shining down on the streets. Back from school, Donghae puts his shoes aside and greets his mother as usual when his mother tells him, "Donghae, your friend visited and left. He said he left you a note in your room."

"Oh, who is it?" Donghae asks and stops on the third stairs. If the person is a close friend, his mother should know that person.

"It's a boy around your age. I forgot to ask for his name but I have never seen him around before. Did you make a new friend?" She smiles, happy that her son is making more friends after what he went through during his childhood.

"Huh? I'm not sure. I will go check on it then. Thanks, mom!" Donghae shouts over to the kitchen and runs up the stairs to his room. He easily finds the note on his desk. The person did not leave his name and yet, Donghae know who he is. He is sure of it. Without thinking much, he rushes out of the house with the note in his hand and ignores the calls of his mother, asking where he is heading.

 

It is on impulse. But it cannot be wrong...can it?

 

He can make out someone's back and he is just a few steps away from finding out whether it is him. Reading the note once again, he braces himself and walk forward.

 

Meet me at the playground :)

 

"Hyukjae?" Donghae says meekly, afraid of bringing his hopes too high and ends up with disappointment. The said guy turns around with a trademark smile showing his gums, looking somewhat bashful. In the next second, a tearful Donghae is already in Hyukjae's arms, hugging the latter tightly. And Hyukjae thinks that explanation can wait.

 

 


a short one hehe. i'm sorry if this story turned boring towards the end and the title doesn't quite link now (?) sorry guys nn;; thank you for reading! ^^

(edit thanks to bluetuxedo \o/)