Hospitals Heal More Than Surface Wounds

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stood in the middle of the goal watching as the majority of the game took place in the middle of the soccer field. Just as one team appeared to be making a break through towards the goal the other team would steal the ball back. Movement, that appeared to be the waving of hands off to Sehun’s right, caught his attention. Looking for the cause of the commotion Sehun spotted Luhan, when they connected eye contact, Sehun watched Luhan motion with his hands towards the ball then toss his hands over his head and finally point towards his own chest. Sehun gave Luhan a nod of his head before turning his full attention back towards the ball which appeared to be heading straight towards him.

Sehun readied himself and watched as a player from the opposite team broke away from the defense that was guarding him and wound up his leg to take a shot towards the goal. With precise timing Sehun left his feet and caught the ball within his hands before it could become a point for the other team. Hopefully I was reading the signs right and Luhan really does want this ball, Sehun thinks to himself as he kicks the ball and sends it sailing towards the direction where Luhan is standing. He watches in awe as Luhan catches the ball far down the field and in a matter of seconds sends it sailing through the goal.

With pride in his chest Sehun watches Luhan cheer for himself and take a semi victory lap with other members of the team. After the excitement of the first goal, there is a new energy on the field which forces Sehun to focus even harder on protecting the goal.

Several minutes after the first goal Sehun kicks the ball back towards Luhan and in a repeat play Luhan victoriously sends the ball into the goal once more. Sehun cheers along with the rest of the team and the fans up in the stands from his spot inside the goal as Luhan jumps up and down before taking a second victory lap of sorts.

A lot more back and forth in the middle of the field passes. Sehun catches Luhan’s eye once when the other passes. He looks so happy, Sehun thought as the other ran past with a wide smile on his face. Sehun snapped back into the game when he saw a member of the other team break away from the defense and come his way. Scooping the ball up into his hands as if it were nothing, Sehun quickly changes his grip and sends the ball back Luhan’s way like he had before.

He watches Luhan secure his weight, but then a movement to Luhan’s side catches his attention. “Luhan” Sehun yells in warning, however it goes unheard as Sehun is forced to watch Luhan fall to the ground at the force of the opponent’s kick. Get up and shake it off Luhan, Sehun instructs mentally until a scream tears through the field and rips at his heart. He watches Luhan reach for his leg as he wiggles around and a second scream of pure pain fills the field.

As soon as Sehun spots the coach running from the sidelines towards Luhan, Sehun leaves the goal and runs to Luhan’s side. He gets to Luhan as the coach pulls him up to his one foot. Sehun watches Luhan sway slightly and quickly put himself under Luhan’s left shoulder. He secured his arm around the small of Luhan’s back and watched as the tears streamed over the other’s beautiful face. “You’re going to be okay, you’re okay angle” Sehun repeated as a sort of mantra as he and the coach helped Luhan limp across the field.

“Should have listened pretty boy” the boy Sehun had watched kick Luhan said with a cackle as he jogged past. Sehun tightened his hold on Luhan protectively to keep himself from lunging at the jerk right then and there. I was reading up on your opponent last night, it appears that they have a really dirty player on their side, make sure you and…and Luhan.. play smart out there okay, Minseok’s words from the other day replayed in Sehun’s mind as he carefully helped Luhan sit on the sidelines. Stupid, why are you so stupid Sehun, you couldn’t even keep Luhan safe; Sehun reprimands himself.

“Sehun you have to get back in there we only have to hold them off for seven more minutes than the match is ours” the coach instructed breaking him out of his thoughts.

“But coach…” Sehun starts looking down at Luhan, not being able to stand the thought of being away from the other as tears still fell from his eyes.

“Kick their Sehun, please” Luhan pleaded, looking up and locking eyes with Sehun.

“Only for you” Sehun said after a second of thought before quickly squeezed Luhan’s hand and then running back onto the field.

With rage fueling him, Sehun blocked every single shot that the opposite team took. When the referee finally called the game, Sehun lines up with his team mates and high fived the members of the other team in a sportsmanship manner, when he came face to face with the boy that had injured Luhan on purpose, his anger took over again and he kicked his foot out quickly right into the other guy’s shin. “That’s for Luhan” he seethed as the guy gasped out and grabbed at his shin.

“I warned the pretty boy he just wouldn’t listen” the guy said it with a sick smile. “Hopefully he’ll be able to play again this time next year, but it seemed pretty bad to me” the guy said. Sehun moved to lunge at the guy until one of his teammates grabbed his arm.

“He’s not worth it dude. We’ve already lost the best member of our team today, we don’t need to lose you also” the boy holding him back said.

“Luhan” Sehun said spotting the other still sitting on the sidelines with his leg propped up.

“Yeah Luhan” his teammate said letting go of his arms, “you better go check on him.”

“Thanks man” Sehun said grateful that his teammate had stepped in and kept him from doing anything stupid.

“Tell him hi for me will you” the guy from the other team asked. Sehun just rolled his eyes and flipped the other off as he walked away.

“Luhan, how are you feeling” he asked gently laying a hand on Luhan’s small back and looking into the other’s eyes.

“It still hurts” Luhan whined after looking slightly wide eyed around the stands of the field.

“Luhan” a female voice yelled before Sehun spotted a running figure come and stop beside him Luhan’s other side.

“Mama” Luhan whined. Sehun quickly removed his hand from Luhan’s back before the woman wrapped Luhan in her arms. He had a small smile on his face as he watched Luhan lean against his mother and receive comfort only she could provide him with.

“Your dad is bringing the car to the parking lot that is closest to the field, too bad you’re not as small as you used to be or else I would carry you to the car” Luhan’s mother said.

“I’ll carry him” Sehun quickly offered without thinking about what Luhan’s mother would think of why a fellow team member would offer to carry her son. A little worried, he looked down and tried to read Luhan’s expression.

“Ahh, thank you young man and you must be” Luhan’s mother asked offered her hand towards Sehun before he could read the expression in Luhan’s eyes.

“Sehun, ma’am” Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter