Kookie Mallow

Marshmallow

 

Yes you're my only girl
neoneun naege choego
neoui harureul algo sipeo, 
neoui hansumi doego sipeo

 

I groaned due to the sounds of my cellphone ringing. I swear I could punch the person who is calling me right now who took me away from my wonderful dream land. I tried to move away from the annoying sound of my cellphone when, at the time that I faced the other side, the stupid thing fell right onto my face making me jump in pain.

I groaned, rubbing my sore cheek as I stared - glared - at the vibrating thing on my lap. It's no wonder it fell off the side table. The thing turned off and after a few minutes, it came back to life, signaling that I was receiving a phone call. I looked towards my side table to see that it was just seven o'clock in the morning.

Grumpily bringing the phone next to my ear, I didn't bother to check who might be calling me at this early hour of the day and was the line was connected, I hissed out a hello only to receive a sweet chuckle from the other line.

"Good morning to you too." the person giggled and I could feel myself rolling my eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook. Do you know what time it is?" I scoffed and I hear him playfully tap his chin through the line which made me roll my eyes again.

"Uhm, it's time to have a date with me?" Jungkook chuckled, "Come on Rin~ go out with me~"

I swear I could see him pleading with those puppy eyes on the other line which I find too hard to resist. I swear, Jeon Jungkook is one cute bastard who can make you give him all he wanted just by looking at you with those puppy eyes. Add his cute whining voice and boom, you wouldn't be able to resist him even if you try too hard. I find myself massaging my temples before giving a sigh and looked at my clock.

"What time will you be here?" I said in defeat and I swear I could feel him smile on  the other line.

"Uhm, now?" He laughed as I widened my eyes in shocked.

"Excuse me?!" I blurted and he chuckled once more.

"I said now? I'm already in front of your door actually." 

I hurriedly stood up and pushed the curtains apart to see Jungkook waving happily by our front door. I gawked at him and shouted making him laugh. That bastard. I grumpily opened my cabinet and took a look at my clothes, "I'll be down at ten, fifteen the latest. You bastard, you could've told me earlier that you would come this early!"

I could hear Jungkook laugh again and I took a mental note that I would definitely punch him the moment I'll be downstairs, "Take your time Rin. I could wait for you forever~ Besides, even if I told you earlier, you would still end up sleeping in your bed at this time so why would I bother to tell you if you wouldn't be ready anyway?"

That bastard. I rolled my eyes for the nth time this morning and instead of responding, I harshly hang up on him and grabbed every piece of clothing I think would be nice for our 'date', rushing towards the bathroom. Every girl needs time to look beautiful but with Jungkook inviting you to a spontaneous date like all the time, you wouldn't even have the time to comb your wet hair.

In case you are wondering, Jungkook and I are best friends. We do everything together so people often mistaken us as a couple. I wouldn't mind really. You see, even if Jungkook can be a bastard most of the time, I've taken a liking to him. This simple crush is actually turning into something more and I'm scared that if I told Jungkook about it, I might lose him.

Yes, typically best friend falling in love with her best friend and afraid to lose him so she decided to be an idiot and follow him everywhere. That's what I am. I couldn't help it that Jungkook is so dumb not to realize my feelings for him. I just decided to go with the flow. At least, we will still be together this way. Not the romantic way that I secretly wish for, but with Jungkook by side, it doesn't matter really.

I wore simple tee, black jeans and a pair of chuck taylors then kissed my mom a good bye. She asked where I was going and I told her that I'm going out with Jungkook which she didn't mind. My mom knew Jungkook since we've been together since fifth grade. Yes, we've been best friends that long. Without wasting anymore time, I walked out of our door to Jungkook kicking a pebble with a pout on his cute face. How could someone be so cute and annoying at the same time?

I bit my lower lip and secretly walked behind him, poking him on the side making him jump in surprise.

"Yah!" he blurted making me giggle. He rubbed his sides before he grinned, casually slinging his arm around me, "Rin~ good morning~"

I rolled my eyes as I tried to keep my heart in check. Simple actions like this could totally make my heart beat fast. I scoffed, trying to look away so he wouldn't notice the blush creeping up my face and place my arms in front of my chest, "My morning isn't good because you already ruined it."

"Ow." Jungkook clenched his chest and faked sobbed at me making me roll my eyes - again - before plastering that sweet charming smile back on his handsome face, "Don't be like that. I promise I'll make your day a wonderful one."

I scoffed and elbowed his stomach, "You better be. Or I'll punch you to death by waking me up early in the morning."

"Arraso," He laughed as he nodded, slinging his arm around my shoulder before pumping his fist in the air which made me laugh, "Kaja!"

 

You know why most people thought the two of us were a couple? It's because we often do things that couples do during our 'hang outs' or as Jungkook calls them our 'dates'. That particular saturday, Jungkook took me to an amusement park where we rode most of the scariest and thrilling rides the amusement park offered. We tried on a pair of tiger cub headbands, taking a selca along with it and played in the arcade where he won a soft plushie for me. You see, even I think we are a couple when we are at dates like this. I wonder what Jungkook had in his mind though. Does he think the same way too?

After having a bit of fun, Jungkook felt like he needed to try the horror house before we grab something to eat which I greatly opposed. The last thing that's inside my head right now is to enter the horror house but it felt like Jungkook didn't get the cue. He was way to excited that he dragged me along with him and being the dumb person he is, he didn't notice that I was actually shaking the moment we entered that dark place. I bit my lower lip as we walked around, thankful that nothing had appeared or happened yet and when I took a look at Jungkook, you can see the excitement in his eyes.

This bastard, how could he enjoy things like this when his best friend is almost crying to death?! I was about to call him a white lady popped out beside me making me scream and held onto Jungkook like he was my dear life. The bastard only laughed and when he actually felt me shaking he asked if I was okay. I didn't know how I looked like at that moment because the moment I looked at Jungkook, I saw his face softened a bit and is that worry in his eyes?

He quickly took me outside the place with his arm around my shoulder, thanking the heavens that he finally got the cue, and when we are finally outside, I was about to walk towards the bench when I felt strong arms pulling me and slowly wrapping around my waist. Too shocked to even realize that Jungkook actually pulled me into an embrace, I decided that it was best to just leaned in towards the embrace and close my eyes. I heard Jungkook apologize and I could just give him a small smile and nod in assurance.

I think Jungkook had his arms wrapped around me for a good five minutes and when my heart finally calmed down, I did something I would regret for the rest of my life. That is, to open my big loud mouth.

"Who knew you could be soft and gentle too Kookie? Like a marshmallow."

I felt Jungkook stiffened and before he could speak, I widened my eyes in shock and quickly pulled away from him. Jungkook looked at me at the same shocked eyes and all I could think for now is to run away. Which I did.

 

I bit my lip mentally cursing as I scold myself for what I did. Seriously Rin. What has gotten into your mind?! What if Jungkook wouldn't see you anymore? What if Jungkook didn't want to be your friend anymore? What if -

I gasped as I felt a strong hand on wrist turning me around with one swift move. I blinked as I saw Jungkook panting while his beautiful eyes stare at mine. I could feel my heart leaped when he finally recovered his breath and smirked at me. I can feel my knees become jelly. Jungkook stood up straight, letting go of my wrist.

"I'm like a marshmallow huh?" He teased and I can feel my blood rush towards my face. This bastard. I bit my lip as I looked at him and he opened his arms with a smile, "Come here, why don't you hug your Kookiemallow again?"

Igawked at him in disbelief as he wiggled his eyebrows at me teasingly, "Excuse me?"

He pouted for a while but then turned to grin and casually slings his arm around me again, "I'm just kidding~ Come on, let's grab something to bite."

 

I'm still wondering why or how on earth can Jeon Jungkook act so normally after what I've said. I mean, wouldn't we be at a somewhat awkward stage after that? What made me more curious is how he could joke around something like that and even call himself a Kookiemallow? Aish this kid. What do I do with him?

Still feeling a bit awkward, Jungkook dragged me inside a cafe and the smell of pastries instantly made me smile. No matter what happens, Jungkook somehow knows how to make me smile. I looked at the endless choices of pastries with brightened eyes as Jungkook is following me behind. I abruptly stopped and turned to look at him only to see his handsome face plastering that gorgeous smile. I can feel my cheeks heat up and I swear Jeon Jungkook will be the death of me.

"What do you want?" He asked, breaking the somewhat awkward silence - for me - between us as I tapped my chin while looking at the pastries.

"Uhm, I don't know?" I blurted as I bit my lower lip at the yummy pastries, "I want everything."

I heard Jungkook laughed and he casually slung his arm around me again. Since when did this guy become a fan of skinship? Oh, yeah, since birth. Jungkook leaned towards the glass looking at the pastries before looking back at me with a teasing grin, "Don't you want this one best? After all, it's full of marshmallows. You know, Kookiemallows."

I rolled my eyes as I removed his hand around my shoulder and looked at the other pastries on the other side. Jungkook jogged towards me with that grin still plastered on his face and when I abruptly stopped, I looked at him, slightly tilting my head, "How about you? What do you want?"

My question seemed to take him aback for he blinked a couple of times before responding, "What?"

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I stared at the pastries once again, "I said, what do you want?"

I felt Jungkook walked closer beside him and I heard him hummed. Curious as to what has caught his attention, I turned to looked back at him only to see him grinning that handsome smile. I felt myself staring at his beautiful eyes as I didn't expect the next word coming his mouth actually make my heart explode.

"Hmm, I want...." Jungkook his lips before plastering that charming smile again and his eyes never looked away from mine.

 

 

 

 

"You."



Author's Note:

okay, first of all, forgive all grammatical errors I have in this one. Like I said this is just a drabble I wrote during a night I couldn't sleep and I just need to take it off my mind so yeah. xD With 2000+ words in it, how did you like my Jeon Jungkook drabble? Comments are very much appreciated <3