Dreamwalker

Imposter

- Ren's P.O.V -

 

 

"I'll only stay with you one more night..." he whimpered and tried to make himself feel comfortable on the hard stone floor. I reached for his face and felt the rought skin under my touch. It was moist from sweat where as mine was moist from tears.
"So let me make you remember it for the rest of your life." his voice was shaking like a unsteady skyscrapers in earthquake. His composure crumbled before me. His soundless crying filled the room, his crying that only I could hear. Tears of losing this precious thing we had. What had he done to deserve this unhappines? Why he? Only thing he did was to look after me and take care of me as brother. When did my love become his sin? Answer me god!!
"I'm just sad that I won't be here to see you grow old and take care of you when you can't get up by yourself. That I'm not able to feed you when you're ill." I wanted to cry and howl with him as his crushing words left his mouth. Why did this have to end like this? So many questions without answers. 

 

"I'll leave after this night....Let's put up a show for the world."his hoarse voice sent shivers down my spine. It was so rough and unaided. It was him. I smiled and caressed his cheek.
"Let's do that." I said it and cried with him. He stood up and took his gun. It was smeared in blood and tears. I aided him as he stood up before taking my gun. The bullets in my pocket were stained in blood too. I must have been shot in the leg. Or then it was his blood. But blood in any case.
We charged out from the door. We ran quickly in the car and he started the engine. His grin was painful as the blood flood out from the bulletwound. It had re-opened. Again.
"Can you drive?" I shouted and fired the two men chasing our car by running. They smacked down on the pavement. I looked at him and saw him nodding faintly. I knew he was lying but that's how he had always been. Lying bastard. My bastard.
"Let's go then. They'll catch us soon otherwise!!" I yelled and fired again. The car in front of us caught on fire and explosed soon after. We drove in the dead of the night and made our escape. He was so quiet and steady that it scared me. I poked his arm but got no movement from him as answer. I shook him only to notice that his eyes were shut. I panicked. I couldn't breath. How could I concentrate on that kind of matter now?!
"Baekho!?!?! BAEKHO?!??!" tears smeared by face as I shook him hoping to see his eyes open again. His foot was still resting on gass pedal making the car speed up. I pulled the handbrake and managed to stop the car after furious spinning. I waited short second that felt like a lifetime before he groaned and opened his eyes.
"Baekho? Dear you alive?" I placed his head between my hands and kissed his forehead while one killing sentence was echoing in my head


I don't wanna lose you.


"Missed me already?" his coughing almost drown out his words. I wiped off the blood from his mouth with shirt. I quickly got out of the car then dragging him too. We were out of nowhere, middle of the little road that lead to some small town. It was cold but who cared about that now
"Have you any idea where I was taking us?" Baekho asked and touched my cheek. I shook my head vigorously, trying to see throught my tears.
"To my hometown. To see my parents. To tell them about the moster that I had to look after all these years. To let them see you, beastie." where did he found this endless happiness and cocky attitude of his?
"Oh Baekho.... How sweet of you." I smiled and tried to stop the crying but it was no use. My heart knew how this would end and so it let the tears flow free. The clear blue sky had vanished and was replaced by dark blue clouds.
"Look Baekho, even the sky cries with me." I looked at the sky and a small innocent laughter escaped my lips.

When had laughter transformed into misery?

Baekho smiled warmly and took my hands into his big ones. They weren't that warm anymore as they once used to be.
"Listen to me Ren~ah," he took deep breath and continued "you carved those words of love so deep into my skin that they are there to stay. They live in me. You live in me love." I cried hysterically as he held my hands.
"Why did you hide it then?" I was full of questions, words unsaid, truth hidden in lies. Imposter.
"So that by the time you'll find out, it'll be too late." his smile was as cunning as it had been all my life. That smile which he would make after winning me in boxing, swimming, running, chess in anything. That smile he knew to show when I was crying, smiling, laughing, eating, breathing.  His usual smell reached my nose under all that blood and soil on his pretty skin. The proper mix of sweat, alfamale and . If possible I would store it in a bottle and spray it on my skin to mark me as his property. His , his lover, his slave even, if he wanted.
"You bloody dickhead. Always wanting to make me cry..." I whispered between my sobbing. He wiped my tears and pulled my head closer to him. He was lying on the cold ground with his back against the car tire. I could feel his slow breathing pace on my lips. His hands burned my skin while his eyes slashed my soul with his stare. He knew I would cry easily and doing this only boosted it.

"Don't be such a girl. Buck it up!" he tried to raise his voice but it turned out to be impossible due all the blood in his lungs. His legs were callous under my hand. He nodded when he saw the worry in my eyes.

"I can't turn this around.... I just wander around... with my eyes shut because of...." Baekho uttered with some difficulties. I recognized those words as soon as I heard them. 
 

My song...


"Because of......me." I gasped for air and covered my mouth with my free hand. If I wasn't crying hard already then now I did. My head was alredy aching from all this crying but the pain in my heart was much greater and lethal. Baekho smiled and pressed my chest with his other hand. I put my hand above his.
"Yes. Because of you, because I love you." was his first and final oath of love. Oath that I had given him when I first saw him. Oath that he gave back after twenty years.