Line...

Line's story

Lay:

As I was walking across the sea shore walking back home from school, I heard someone scream hysterically. “AHHHHHHH!!!!!!” I squinted into the intensely blinding sunlight and frantically scanned the vast blue horizon. Beads of sweat formed on the ridge of my forehead. Anxiety rose and I suddenly heard distant cries muffled by the crashing waves of the ocean. Quickly I feverishly searched the ocean in the direction of the small voice. In utter disbelief, I caught sight of a head bobbing between two gigantic waves. Her tiny frail arms splashed madly in desperation. I ran. As I made myself into the water, I realized to my horror that the head had disappeared. On instinct I ran to the spot where I had last seen this person. Surging waves tossed me here and there and suddenly I heard a faint gurgling noise, then a splash. I turned to see a tiny pale hand emerge from within the water grasping the air in agony. In one swift movement, I dove toward the girl and grabbed a firm hold onto her arms and legs. I tugged the body and slowly made my way to the water. My weakening knees caused my body to collapse once I made it to land. Once she realized what had happened, she coughed and began to cry. Her cold body clung onto my torso and soon her head laid onto my shoulder. As I softly her wet hair, I could hear her shrill cries soon subsiding to a soft whimper.

Line:

Once I realized what had happened, I immediately started crying. I was so scared. No I was terrified. Not even knowing who this person was I clung onto him like my life depended on it. (Because it did) Soon after realizing what I was doing I stared up at him with my thankful, brown, doe like eyes. What I didn’t know was that one day we would be best friends. I didn’t know one day I would fall in love with him. I didn’t know that one day he might leave. I didn’t know he would come back and wreak me.  I was young. I didn’t know anything.