Goodbye Kiss

Kitty Kai (Drabbles)

Most people do not know when they will die. Or where. Or how. Or why.

But Jongin knew and that knowledge only made him grieve that much harder. In less than three minutes, the Hybrid Control Services would come and put him down. Most of society viewed Hybrids as pests. In fact, it was better to be a stray cat than a cat Hybrid. Jongin knew he got lucky when Kyungsoo adopted him five years ago. There was an undeniable connection between them and their relationship quickly surpassed the normal owner-pet dynamics. 

Jongin shivered as a pair of arms encircled his waist from behind. He relished the feeling of being hugged, of being loved.

"I won't let them hurt you, I promise." Kyungsoo mumbled into Jongin's back. His tears wetting the Hybrid's shirt.

Holding back his emotions, Jongin spun around so he could properly hug his lover. Gently, he placed his chin on Kyungsoo's head and inhaled the boy's wonderful scent. "Kyungsoo hyung..."

"Y-yeah?"

"Please don't forget me." Jongin could feel his vision blurring. He scolded himself for acting so weak in front of Kyungsoo. The last thing he wanted was to leave Kyungsoo with a sad memory. With trembing hands, he cupped the boy's cheeks and lifted his head up for a goodbye kiss. Both their lips trembled as they shared their last kiss ever.

As if in sync, their hearts stopped beating when a knock appeared on the door.

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo whimpered fearfully, his fingers gripping onto Jongin's sleeve as the knocks grew in volume.

"Answer the damn door!" hollered a gruff-sounding man from the other side, "Your time is up."

Kyungsoo breathed heavily as he tightened his grip on Jongin's sleeve. His eyes were swollen and red.

"Everything will be okay." Jongin reassured the smaller man as he opened the door. In less than a second, the man from the Hybrid Control Services had the gun on Jongin's temple.

Kyungsoo's face turned from pale to snow white. Every ounce of color was drained from his wide-eyed face.

"I love you, Kyungsoo. Don't forget me." Jongin whispered as the man behind him pulled the trigger.

Boom.