Here She Comes

Haunted Love

JIHYE

It's the new semester and everyone look pissed since they had to start waking up early again. I saw the black limo stops in front of the gate and Soomi step out of it, looking pretty as usual. She smiles instantly when she saw me and run to hug me as if we hadn't seen each other in a while when she and I had just shopped for new shoes yesterday.

"Jihye, where's Xiumin?" Soomi asks, seeing the absence of my cousin. Then there was a roaring of motorcycles and every female students stop whatever they were doing and started running towards the compound to see the popular boys. I roll my eyes. Xiumin did a stoppie and every girls started swooning making me groan. 

"That idiot..." I muttered, shaking my head.

"Who is your cousin," Soomi reminded. "Morning Baek," she greets Baekhyun who has just removed his helmet and fixing his hair. More girls swooned. It kind got a little bit annoying over the years but I see why they were charmed. Baekhyun just ignore her but Soomi was unfazed. Baekhyun was the coldest guy on this earth. I started to think he didn't even have a heart but most of us were used to it. We knew there was something more and he just built up this wall around him to avoid himself getting hurt...from what, we were not sure.

"Hey cousin," Xiumin said with a grin and I just laugh.

"You really like the attention they are giving you, aren't you?" I asked and he laugh childishly. 

"Since Baek joined our group, my popularity has shot up like a rocket," Xiumin said, placing his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder which he shrugs it off.

"Where's Kris?" Baekhyun ask.

"I'm sure he's already here. His car is just-" I stop talking when Baekhyun just left, leaving me dumbfounded and let out a growl of frustration. "I hate it when he does that."

"Don't we all?" Soomi said with a laugh and hugged my arm. "Come on, we'll be late."

"What about Lay?" Xiumin asked and we started laughing.

"He either forgets that school starts today or his books or his car keys," Soomi said.

"I'm worried for that kid," Xiumin said with a laugh. We were about to walk to the school hall when someone honked us, making us yelped. Xiumin shouted at Lay, worried that his image was tarnished at his not so cool reaction. Lay just laugh as he got out of his pagani zonda, showing us his dimples.

"Good morning people~" he sang and Xiumin hit him playfully.

"Don't do that ever again," I warn him and he just grin. Who could stay mad at his adorable face though? I noticed how Soomi stole glances at Lay and blushes when Lay greets her. That's cute.

I spot Kris and Baekhyun talking rather seriously and wondered what was going on. The others didn't seem to notice so I just kept quiet. Besides, I can always ask him later. Then Baekhyun noticed me looking at them and he quickly ended their conversation. 

"Hey," I said cautiously, and Kris smiled, bending down to peck me in the cheek. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything's fine," Baekhyun snapped, leaving me stunt. We couldn't talk much longer since the bell rang and we had to get in our lines for the assembly. Kris, as the Head Student walked onto the stage to handle the assembly. 


We, and other students are waiting in the school hall and suddenly the principal announces that we will sit a special exam to choose a president and form a committee club. I turn to Baekhyun and his face is telling me he is cursing thousand words in his mind. He hates exams and calculations subject but always get high marks for the subjects he hates.

All the fifth former students had just finished taking a qualification test to be the president of the school. It was a shocking test so some students didn’t have time to study. The top and most intelligent student will be appointed as the school’s president. Female or male. Now the stress is over and it is recess time.

“Uwaa, the exam is so hard!” Soomi did with aegyo (cuteness) and set her tray on the table.

“I think it’s not that hard,” I comment and sip my chocolate milkshake.

“It’s because you’re clever.” Said Kris and set himself in front of me.

“I think you’re going to be the president.” Said Soomi, eying me with a sandwich in between her teeth.

“I’m not interested. I think Kris will be the president.” I shrug and wink at Kris.

“Nah, I think it’ll be Lay.” Said Kris.

“Speak of the devil.” I said and nudge Soomi at her arm but doesn’t pull out my grin from my face. Just a while, Lay walks in and grabs a seat.

“What did you think of the exam?” He asks as he sat down in front of Soomi.

“Annyeong (hello),” he said and smiles his dimple at Soomi; making her blushing.

“It’s okay,” Kris and I said in sync.

“Baekhyun ah, come sit with us,” I offer at Baekhyun. He just glanced at me nonchalantly and walk passed our table and sat at the empty table behind us.

“Sheesh, that guy. I feel like killing him.” Soomi roll her eyes.

“He is always like that, Soomi yah.” Lay smile at her and she blushes AGAIN. “I’m going to sit with him, see you in class Jihye yah.” He gets up and sat next to Baekhyun.

Soomi sighed.

“Why don’t you just confess to him?” Kris suggested.

“What did you mean?” Soomi’s eyes widen—trying to understand his words but she is clearly understand what he meant.

“I thought you like him.” Kris shrug.

“How did you know?”  Soomi started to panic.

“It’s too obvious.” I said.

“I think you better confess before he likes someone else.” Said Kris again.

“I’ll think about it.” Said Soomi and sigh again. Kris and I share a look and chuckle at Soomi. Here comes the little Xiumin. Walking like a kid, looking for a strawberry milk from his mother.

“What are you talking about?” Xiumin asked and squeeze in between myself and Soomi.

“Nothing,” Said Soomi grumpily.

“Talk with me later in class.” He said to Soomi. “Byebye cousin.” Said Xiumin and left to join Lay and Baekhyun.


“Yah, isn’t that Dalrae?” Lay ask pointing at an angelic looking girl. She walks into the cafe with a book in her hand and sit in an empty table alone. Some boys drool at her beauty. Indeed, she has a goddess aura.

“It’s her!” Said Xiumin excitedly. Baekhyun glance at Dalrae and looked away with a mocking face.

“What’s with her?” he ask although he is uninterested.

“What’s with her? She’s pretty, she’s smart, she has a hot body and she is perfect! She’s like a goddess.” Said Xiumin counting with his fingers. “Yah, you sit next to her right?”

“Yeah, I don’t see anything special in her.” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly. Xiumin made a mocking face.

“I know, no one is perfect enough for you.” Xiumin said and continued sipping his strawberry milk. “You two are no perfect for her, I am.” He added and stands up proudly earning a smack at his head.

“Stupid,” Baekhyun muttered and put on his headphones.