"Maliera's" by Valeria

Vampire's Touch (Note: Not a Romance story)

After a long and busy tour, the top group in Korea finally had a relaxing and promising night rest. Yun Ho sat alone in a dim lighted room. The other four however, was nowhere in sight, probably were already asleep. Yun Ho shut the "Maliera's"; a book written by an author called Valeria he currently reading. He rested his eyes hoping to get some sleep when soft touch landed on his shoulder startled him and gave him Goosebumps. He turned his face around and Jae Joong's pale skin shone under the lines of light.

"Jae Joong ah...” Yun Ho said in almost shaking voice.

"Why aren't you asleep?" he wondered, "It's almost 2AM now..."

"I can't sleep..."

Jae Joong put down a glass of hot chocolate on the table next to Yun Ho. He picked up the book Yun Ho was reading and read the title. He looked at Yun Ho again as he spoke, “What are you reading?"

"...a book?" he teased.

Jae Joong rolled his eyes. "I know it's a book... but.. doesn’t the cover of the book seem too aged?"

“Does it matter? It's the inside what matters most…”

“I didn’t know you read novels", Jae Joong said again turning the book around, flipping every page.

“It’s not a novel…” Yun Ho snatched the book away.

"Fine! Not a novel then…” Jae Joong shook his head mockingly, “What’s it about?”

"Vampires...”

"You believe in that stuff?"

"It does sound factual...” Yun Ho argued in a very serious tone.

Jae Joong started laughing and smacked Yun Ho on his back, “Don't get all serious, doesn't suit you at all!"

"What about you, then?" Yun Ho asked him.

"What?" Jae Joong asked, "Believe in vampires?"

Yun Ho nodded.

"Nope.” he said simple. His eyes were fixed at Yun Ho's again. With his finger pointing at the hot chocolate, he said, “Don’t forget to drink your chocolate and don't stay up too late."

Yun Ho gazed at Jae Joong as he disappeared into the dark corridor. He looked at the book again. "Does it really exist?"

He drank his last sip of chocolate and soon after, he followed Jae Joong into the bedroom.

***

She walked her way into the woods just few kilometers away from her mansion. She carried with her a mini fruit basket to gather some berries. It was a warm winter. The sun was shining and breeze blowing over her pale skin. The weather was wonderful but she couldn't figure out why she was feeling something was amiss. Her reason for the anxiousness soon revealed when she heard two gunshots coming from her mansion. Dropping the basket with restlessness, she dashed her way back to the mansion.

It was too late when she arrived. Her husband laid helplessly on the floor. Puddles of blood scattered on the floor leading to her husband. She ran to him and lifted his head to her lap. The clear eyes were now covered with crystals that were soon to broke. In a dreadful tone she asked, “What-who has done...."

"The ring..."

With that statement alone, she quickly had her eyes fixed on his husband’s finger and to her expectation; his husband lost one of his finger. She knew that there is only one person craving for her husband's ring. Consumed by hatred, she whisper, "Gabriel!"

A tall figure was standing silently at the far end corner of the room, listening and watching every moment. Smiling mockingly, he said, "You call for me, love?"

She turned her vision to where the voice came from. Undescribeable anger she swored him with no any lady dared to say.

"Tsk tsk tsk.." He grinned. "You look beautiful in those raging eyes."

"You disgust me!"

Gabriel approached her slowly, grabbing her by the arm s he reached her. "Come with me", he said.

With undenieably strong vengeance controling her body, the soft hand of the 24 year old landed harshly on Gabriel's left cheek. She shouted, "Over my dead body!"

"Such bravery..." he said rubbing his left cheek.

"But one mistake...” He hit her with an enormous force, throwing her to the tiled floor. "Nobody hurts Gabriel!"

She laid helplessly on the floor. Blood was squirted out from . Gabriel approached her again. She knew her life was now at stake knowing the obvious fact that he was a lot stronger than her. Consumed by the willingness to protect his family, her husband stood up with all the strength he had reaching for Gabriel, locking both his arms with the remaining force in his body. With full hope, he shouted, "Run, my love! Run! Hurry!"

She got up but after she ran few steps, she looked back, "But my love...”

"For our daughter's sake, hurry!" she could see her husband's crystal eyes as he struggle holding Gabriel.
With a heavy heart she had no choice but to fold. She dashed her way out from the memorable mansion that she shared with her beloved husband for years. Not looking back, she carried the child in her into the woods. Several times she fell to the ground without anything to shelter her body and her feet. Her heart skipped several beats as gunshots were heard coming from the mansion. Her blood traveled twice as fast and her vision slowly blurred before it faded into darkness.

"Nooooooo..!!!!" she cried. She looked around and found herself on a bed in a small room. Sweats cascaded her forehead descended her neck and heavy breathing as if she had run thousand miles. She couldn't understand why it feels like the nightmare was real. As if she had experienced it herself. As if the girl in the dream was her.

A loud knock on the door snapped her back to reality. "Aretha!" said a voice from outside the room. "Aretha, is everything alright inside?"

"H-hold on!"

Aretha jumped out from her bed and unlocked the door. The door swung open revealing a mid-age woman. She pulled Aretha in her arms, concerned she asked "Are you alright? I heard you scream again."

"Aunt Madeline... I kept seeing the face... bloods...”

"You're safe. It's just a dream child…" said Aunt Madeline comforting Aretha.

Aunt Madeline was a very kind person but extremely firm. But above of all these, the 70 year old woman cared deeply for Aretha and took care of her ever since she was little. Aunt Madeline was a widow. She was married in the age 20 and lost her husband with her daughter on a terrible accident few years back.

"Look at this room! It's amazingly dark!" Aunt Madeline started blabbering the minute Aretha calmed herself. She walked her way to the windows and opened the thick curtains revealing a very strong rays of sunlight. Aunt Madeline nodded alone and then head her way out from the room, "Wash up and come down soon. Breakfast is ready."

After ensuring Aunt Madeline had took her final step down the stairs, Aretha pulled back the curtains. The doctor said she was nearly blind as a child that she had to wear a dark maroon shade to protect her eyes from the strong rays from the sun. After a quick shower, she put on her red turtleneck sweater and pulled up her brown jeans. Carrying with her a NAFA Fur Mink Coat on one arms and a handbag on the other, she rushed her way down the stairs to join Aunt Madeline for morning breakfast.

She wrapped herself in the coat as she stepped out from the mini cottage just at the outskirts of the town. The street was half filled with snow, strong winds blew from every direction and there are no signs of people anywhere. If sitting by and doing nothing can set food on the table, she would also gladly stay inside but thinking of Aunt Madeline made her realize that she had responsibility of a child even though she was not her birth child. She pulled up the collar of her coat and walked her way down the street until she reached the end of the road. In order for her to get into town, she had to go through the alley to the other side.

As she walked inside the alley, she could hear soft whispering to her ears. The whispering was familiar. She had heard the voice before. It was the voice of the suffering girl in her dream. She turned around but she couldn't see anyone in the area but herself. She dashed her way faster into the alley when suddenly she hit something. She looked up and a man in a very dark coat, wearing a dark hat stood by staring at her.

"I'm sorry... I was... You were..." before she could finish her sentence, the man grabbed her and shut .

"Come with me if you want to be safe,” he threatened.

Aretha struggle to get away but the strong hands forbid her. She bit him on the hand. The angered man released his hand and hit her, throwing her to one of the walls of the alley. She sputtered blood from . Her maroon glasses fall off revealing glowing red eyes as she looked up staring right at the man. She grinned devilishly revealing two sharp set of fangs for a few seconds then she stopped. Aretha took approached the man. He started shaking. The man turned his body around hoping to get away but with an indescribable speed, Aretha stood silent in his face.

"Nobody hurts Gabriel," she said in a mocking calm voice, "You are going to say that, aren't you?"

The man took a step back. He gathered all his strength and asked, "What? Who? Gabriel?"

“MURDERER, RETURN MY FAMILY!!!" she suddenly screamed in a very husky voice. Her eyes glowed in red, grew wider as she screamed, and her skin grew paler and even her appearance drastically changed.

The man pushed her and started running away from her. Aretha smirked. Sets of wings grew from her back and with a fast speed she managed to grab the man. She bit him on the neck before releasing him. The man was dashed to the earth. Aretha landed beside him, wiping her lips and glaring at him, she smirked again. Consumed by terror, the man struggled himself to get up and get away from her. She lifted one hand and directed it towards him. With a grin, she let out an enormous force from her hand. It hit directly to the man, throwing him to the corner of the alley aiming right on piles of wooden boxes. The boxes fell on him, covering every inch of his body.

***

"The end of the road, is it not?" Velar asked coming out from a shop.

"Yes, just three blocks down," said the owner of the shop.

"Thank you very much!"

Even though in the age of 23, Velar had what his colleague referred to as a charming and mature – his squishy green eyes, his tall body covered with dark and long sleeved collared shirt with a long DENIM jeans. Currently travelling abroad, Velar had just started his holiday and decided to come back to Transylvania to visit his late girlfriend’s grave. He his black, shoulder length layered-cut hair and quickly looked up when he heard a loud destruction sound at the far end of the buildings. He ran to see what the source was.

There was nothing there except a lady about 5’7 tall looking down. She stood there silent as stone.

“Hey!!” Velar shouted, trying to get her attention. The girl still didn't move. Velar didn’t give up. He came closer to her and called her again. Nothing. He finally approached her. When he was close enough to her, he tapped her. She fainted right in front of him. The sudden collapse refluxed him to hold her. His pulse grately increased as he saw her face.

"Ar... Are you okay..," he called again. No answer. He slapped her softly several times hoping it would wake her up. Still no answer.

“Wake up!” he called again. He stared at her face. It was as pale as the moon but her lip was already pink without any touch of lipstick. His eyes widened and his body shivered when blood cascaded her lips. Without hesitation, Velar carried her and sprint his way through the alley into the other side of the town. The environment was somehow different from the area before. There were people walking on the streets. Doors and windows were freely open and almost the whole town was filled with busy market. He turned his head around few times before he spotted the town’s treatment center. He justled his way in, pushing the door of the centre hastily.

“Somebody, help!!” he yelled as he stepped inside.

“This is a hospital! No shouting please!” said one of the nurses nearby.

“This is an emergency!” Velar came closer to the nurse, “Please help her!”

“Let me take a look at her…” said a firm voice behind him. Velar turned his body around and in front of him now is a tall man with a white coat. He had a pale white face with a red iris hidden behind a spectacle.

There was a change in the doctor’s expression when he touched her. Drastic change. He quickly turned to one of the nurse and ordered, “Listen, I need a private room prepared and put Dias on the phone and link her back to my office, now!!”

“Yes doctor…” they replied followed by one another.

“Are you acquaintance of her?” the doctor looked at Velar, “What happened?”

“No… I don't really know what happened... She stood still in a dark alley just outside the town and the next thing I know she collapsed right in front of me...”

“So she must be with someone…” the doctor said in a very serious tone, “I can’t believe it's really happening…”

“What?!” Velar asked getting all thrilled. “What do you mean?”

“Never mind… You have been a great help…” the doctor said again, “You may go…”

“But what’s happening to her?” Velar asked again all concerned.

“None of your concern,” the doctor said firmly, “I know her family, just let me do the rest. Trust me; you don’t want to get involved.”

The doctor walked away with a phone in his ears, walking his way into the corridor. Velar’s sharp hearing caught something that really shocked him. He dropped to his knees. He could feel the blood that has been running smoothly in his body worn-out of his face and a bunch of dizzy images trembled through his mind.