36 - In Which Everybody Is Inundated With Songs

The DEER LUHAN, WITH LOVE Reference Book Compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36

Three-sentence synopsis: Kris and Tao go out clothes shopping, leaving the others relaxing in the dorm.  Luhan rings and Chen picks up the phone, leading to confusion because Leigh's in the room at the time, and they end up having to explain the situation to him.  Chen takes it in his stride and takes refuge from Lay and Xiumin at a karaoke place with Leigh after speaking in Korean, though he claims that he needs to learn English and that songs are a good way to do this.

1. The Great Firewall of China: (Chinese culture) The Chinese government don't allow websites such as Youtube and Facebook in China (though a lot of people there have figured out how to get around the firewalls set up) and the internet blocks are jokingly referred to "The Great Firewall of China" in a nod to the Great Wall of China, which is one of the greatest defence structures to have ever existed (and what was built of it was built in an incredibly short amount of time, too).

2. Monty Python's Cheese Shop sketch: (Monty Python reference) You either have a ridiculous obsession with cheese or you're lying if you say you know all the cheese on this list.  Either that or you really, really know your Monty Python.

3. Stronger: (uncategorised) This song by Britney Spears: Stronger and Oops

4. Sk8ter Boi: (uncategorised) This song by Avril Lavigne: Sk8ter Boi

5. Suvivor: (uncategorised) This song by Destiny's Child: Survivor

6. It's Raining Men: (uncategorised) Like Don't Stop Movin', this was a defining song of my childhood and most other children born in the first part of the nineties: It's Raining Men. DBSK's Jaejoong and Changmin did a fabulous cover of it and I can totally imagine Chen and Baekhyun doing something similar.

7. The Potential Breakup Song: (uncategorised) The Potential Breakup Song by Aly and AJ is another song that desperately needs a fabulous K-pop cover of it, and since it's unlike that Jaejoong and Changmin will do it, I would not be complaining if Chen, D.O. or Baekhyun stepped up to the mark.  Or Kiss&Cry, for that matter.

8. So What?: (uncategorised) So What? is a song by P!nk that most people seem to think is called "I wanna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter