Chapter 1

Love Letters

9:00 AM

 

Jiho, a tall boy walks into school, taking his time while walking, fixing his hair to give it a "just got out of bed" look. Wearing skinny jeans and and a hoodie, he looked like someone who literally does not care. He looks around the empty hallways, and spots the school janitor. 

"Late again?" The school's janitor asked the boy sarcastically. He's been here for 3 years now, and he's never seen Jiho arrive early.

"What do you think?" Jiho snarkily replied, rolling his eyes.

'Why do I even bother going to school?' He scoffed to himself.

He finds his locker and opens it, and to not much surprise, finds a small, folded piece of purple paper with a small heart drawn on it.

He's been receiving these letters for 2 years now. It was always the same small folded piece of purple paper. He grabs the paper and unfolds it.

"Good morning, Jiho! Hehe
Another day of school, huh? I know you hate school, but I hope this day will be good for you! Take care! 

Love, 
Your secret admirer! ^^"

These letters were something Jiho always looks forward to. The thought of going to school irritates him, but somehow knowing that there's always a letter waiting for him inside his locker made his day a bit better.

A small smile creeps onto his face, before putting the paper inside his bag and grabbing his books.

He then walks into his classroom, only to be greeted by his teacher's angry face.

----------------------------------------

"Hey, stop daydreaming! Class is already over, freak. It's lunchtime." Her seatmate shouted at her.

"S-sorry." Haeri replied shyly.

She heard her seatmate scoff loudly, before grabbing her books and going out.

'I wonder if Jiho received my letter...' Haeri thought to herself, smiling just thinking about it.

Who would've thought that someone like Park Haeri would like Woo Jiho?

Haeri was just a quiet girl in school. A wallflower. Rather than being part of friend groups, she'd rather just stay on the side and observe them.

Jiho was the definition of a 'bad boy'. He treats everyone like . He hooks up with different girls every week. He's an . 

But to Haeri, Woo Jiho was just like any other teenager in their senior year of highschool. She knows Jiho has some kindness in him. She's never really seen Jiho smile, but she's sure he's a good person inside. 

They've been in the same highschool building for 4 years now, and not once has he talked to her.

Haeri doesn't really know what made her fall in love with him, since they haven't talked yet.

Actually, she talks to him. Through those letters that she puts inside Jiho's locker everyday for 2 years straight now. There wasn't a school day that she missed sending a letter.

She doesn't really expect Jiho to fall in love with her through those letters. She just wants him to know that there's someone who loves him even  if he's kinda..... ty.

Haeri exits the classroom, feeling all giddy from thinking about her crush.

She goes to the bathroom and stands in front of the mirror.

"My hair looks nice today! I hope he notices it today!" She whispers excitedly to herself, making sure her clothes aren't crinkled or anything.

------------------------------------------

"Jiho-yah, I'm surprised you even came to school today!" Kyung jeered at him, laughing.

"I was just an hour late, Kyung. Don't be a head." Jiho replied, before laughing along with him.

"Say, who do you think is hottest in this school?" Kyung asked him thoughtfully.

"Jangmi, I guess" He answered, smirking.

"You went out with her, right? For like, 3 days?" Kyung asked.

"Yeah, I did. She wasn't even good in bed. What a ing waste of my time." Jiho laughed.

"Dude, you're such a in' !" Kyung exclaimed, before breaking into a laughing fit.

They both scanned the cafeteria, when they saw a girl carrying books with long, straight hair passing by.

Kyung pointed at her discreetly to Jiho.

"Look at that girl, what's her name again? Kim Haeri? Jung Haeri? She's so in' weird. She doesn't have friends, she's so quiet all the damn time." Kyung whispered to him.

Jiho scanned her body and face. Her body's not that nice to look at, kinda resembles a stick. Her face is pretty average, too.

"Huh... Let's see if she's still quiet, then." Jiho said, before extending his leg out right before Haeri walks past their table.

Haeri trips and falls on the floor, her books scattered around the place. She looks up and sees Kyung and Jiho laughing at her.

Haeri was embarrassed. She tripped in front of her crush, Jiho. She looked at Jiho, expecting him to extend his hand out and help her, but all she got was a roll of his eyes and a laugh.

People in the cafeteria started to stop whatever they were doing and check what all the commotion was about.

Jiho looked at her.

"Do you really think I would help you? Stop being pathetic and get up." He laughed, before high-fiving his friend, Kyung.

Haeri slowly got up and mumbled a small "sorry" before running out of the cafeteria.

'It's ok, Haeri! At least Jiho finally noticed you! He may have hurt my feelings a bit, but that's ok! I know he's just joking around.' She thought to herself, smiling and still determined.