CHAPTER IX

Just Admit It

A couple of hours before the charity gala, Min picked me up as planned. I simply left a note for Lay and left the place without another look. He texted me about an hour later. I ignored it and pretended as if I hadn’t seen it. One night, just one night away from him, then I’ll deal with this problem my heart is facing.

 

On a brighter note, I was kind of excited about this whole charity gala thing. The last time I attended a fancy dress party was back in my last year of high school. I hadn’t made the best memories, and I was hoping to do so tonight.

Time flew as the two of us talked before getting ready for the gala. About an hour and a half before it began, Min was frantically running around the place trying to collect her needed items. She hadn’t even realised I had changed into my dress amidst her scurrying. The dress fit snugly around my body, wrapping nicely around the curves I surprisingly had. I was pleased with the outcome, and the fact that he was able to pick out such a dress.

I’m thinking about him again, aren’t I?

I scolded myself and sat down in front of her vanity table, examining my hair, wondering whether to have it up, or flowing down. It was a lot longer than I expected, almost reaching my waist line. All of a sudden, I heard a gasp; my eyes darted up to look at the reflection of the mirror. Min was standing behind me with her eyes bulging out in shock, delight and disbelief. was hanging agape when she couldn’t find the right words. “Wow…” she breathed out after finding her voice again. “What’d you do with my Hyeonju?”

I laughed quietly to myself, taking another glance through the mirror. Was it such a difference with the dress on?

Min finally settled down when she had everything she needed. She slid on her gown and stepped out with so much confidence mine went down the drain. She looked flawless and she hadn’t even put make-up on or had anything done with her hair. Min was the type of girl that would look nice in absolutely anything. Give her a white t-shirt and a pair of light jeans, and she’d make them look like designer brand items.

She noticed my lingering gaze and chortled, “Oh, stop it you.”

 

 

 

 

I settled on a simple hair style that would compliment my dress. A light up-do with a couple of pins here and there to bring out the small braids that weaved through my hair. With light make-up, coloured lips and a pair of heels, I was set to go.

Min on the other hand had her honey coloured hair tied in a low side bun. The colour did a perfect job in making a simple style look difficult and pretty. Instead of hair pins, Min chose a pair of golden coloured leaf-shaped earrings to match her dress and the golden pumps she purchased the day before. She slipped them on and twirled around with an excited smile on her lips. “Ready?” She grinned

 

Part of being teachers, we were to arrive at the venue before the start of the gala. We had to make sure that everything was in place so that the event would go off without a hitch. When we arrived, the rented venue was elegantly decorated in white and gold. We descended the stairs to get a closer look.

A small stage sat against the centre of the back wall with the essential items standing on it. A wide banner with the words ‘Charity Gala’ printed across it hung high up on the wall above the stage. Multiple tables were scattered around the venue floor, surrounding the miniature dance floor that was in the centre. A small DJ booth sat directly in front of the stage. And on the far left three openings either led to a balcony or to the garden outside.

 

Within the next half hour, the venue slowly began to fill up with students. The DJ was spinning his discs, the music playing softly in the background. Min and I were walking around greeting the students, complimenting on their attire although some didn’t look pleasant to our eyes. Boys especially, didn’t hesitate in speaking their minds towards Min. I chortled by her side, noticing the uncomfortable expression plastered across her face.

All of a sudden, the spotlight moved to the entrance, indicating a person of importance that was due to arrive. I heard Min sigh in relief as she hastily dragged me away to the bottom of the stairs.

“It’s the chairman.” Someone whispered behind me.

The double doors swung open, just as I was checking my appearance. I looked up just in time to see the chairman and Lay enter. My heart went on an instant rampage in my chest.

Lay looked hot. All my attention was on the boy standing on top of the staircase. Not leaving even for a second. My thoughts to forget him evaporated the moment his dimples appeared.

How was it possible that a boy could look amazingly hot and cute at the same time? A content sigh involuntarily left my lips.

 

But as soon as the voice of the gala’s host echoed throughout the room, I snapped out of my daze. My eyes rounded and I absentmindedly stepped back, hiding behind Min. “What are you—?”

“Just pretend he’s not here,” I whispered to myself. “It’s not him.” What the heck is he even doing here!? Could he not have said he was attending as well? That stupid Chinese boy.  I grumbled, earning Min’s attention again. She spun around and looked at me with questioning eyes.

“You right there?” I was halfway through a nod, but decided to shake my head instead. I probably looked like I had a small seizure if someone looked at the right time. “…Why? What happened?” Lay happened! I glanced over her shoulder again to see father and son descend the stairs. Min followed my gaze and nodded in understanding. “Ahh, it’s lover boy.” She smirked, earning a slap on her arm from me

“Shut up.” I hissed. “Don’t come and find me,” I surveyed my surroundings, “I’ll be in hiding.” I left her and pushed my way through the crowd to find a secluded area. I was acting very immature at the moment, but my mind was in complete chaos.

I had no idea what came over me, but I didn’t want him to see me because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to act normally in front of him.

Turning around for one last look, our eyes incidentally met. Everything felt like it had slowed down that very second, taking my breath away. To top it off, he smirked just before turning his attention back to the crowd.

 


im excited for the next chapter :DDDDDDDD
DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE THE NEXT CHAPTER WAS WAY TOO LONG!! 8D
AAAnd thank you to everyone that's subscribed recently! I hope everyone will love the next chapter! ;) GO GO GO
(270614)