CHAPTER II

Just Admit It

“Did you end up finding a place Hyeonju?” Minkyung and the rest of the teachers of Seoul Academy entered the teacher’s lounge shortly after the lunch bell had gone off. I hurriedly hid my precious pudding behind the tower of papers sitting on my desk. My pudding.

“Surprisingly, yes.” I smiled, hoping they hadn’t caught on what I was doing.

“I’m so happy for you! Whereabouts is it?” She made herself comfortable and instantly pulled the pudding out of its hiding place. I sent her a playful glare, but deep inside I had begun plotting ways to kill her. Kidding.

“Nearby.” I vaguely answered. I didn’t want her to know who I was supposedly sharing the apartment with. Sure Minkyung was my friend who knew everything about me, but in the meantime she didn’t need to know, yet. She gestured for me to go on. I mentally sighed. No woman, ‘nearby’ does not mean I’ll tell you more.

“Nearby where? Don’t think that you’ll get away without telling me.” She hissed. Well she caught on fast. I sighed and turned to face her, but made sure that no one was in hearing distance. Maybe this was the perfect time to find out who the chairman’s son was.

“Does the chairman have a son?” I had to start somewhere. I can’t give it away that quickly now can I? She gave me the ‘what-the-fook’ are you talking about face. When I didn’t change my expression she finally realised I was being serious.

But then her eyes suddenly widened and she leaned over, “Are you dating him!?” I swear it sounded like she was using a megaphone.

“No! What the heck Min? Do I look like the type that men want to date?” So the chairman does have a son.

“Did you really just ask me that? Just last night, some guy bought you a drink and gave you his number!” Her arms were in the air as she tried to get her point across

“Okay, I get it!”

She stopped and stared into the distance, which was kind of getting creepy. I waved my hand across her face but she continued to ignore me. “You’re talking about Chairman Zhang right?” She suddenly questioned. Oh, did I forget to mention that the chairman of Seoul Academy is actually Chinese? I know; it doesn’t make sense either. The most prestigious school in Seoul is owned by a person of Chinese background. I sighed, which means I’ll be living with some Chinese guy. He better be good looking. Heh.

This time it was Minkyung’s turn to get my attention. I blinked a couple of times before focusing on her again. “Did you hear what I said?” I nodded. “Is that supposed to be a yes to my question? I nodded again. She blinked confusedly, “Is that also a yes for both questions?”

“Yeah.”

“The Chairman has only one son. He’s around the same age as us—actually; I think he’s a year or two older than us. Apparently, he’s quite tall, has black hair, dimples…did I mention that he’s very good looking as well?” Her eyes were glistening…. Why the heck were they glistening? “He can sing, and dance, can play the piano and has a very y voice as well.” Minkyung sighed, and I swore she looked like she was about to melt into a pile of goo.

As abruptly as she usually is, she suddenly sat up and looked straight into my eyes. “Why are you suddenly asking about him?” I averted my eyes. That was a mistake. “You’re hiding something from me. Tell me Hyeonju!” She started shaking my shoulders, gaining the attention of the staff in the room.

“Don’t worry about Miss Song; you know what she’s like when pudding is mentioned.” I smiled at my colleagues and they chuckled, turning back to their business. I mentally patted my back. Good work Hyeonju, blame your friend for the missing pudding in the teacher’s lounge.

“What are you hiding!?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me! Otherwise, I’ll have to kill you.”

“Good. Do it. That way I won’t have to tell you anything!”

 

Lugging my two suitcases behind me, I stopped in front of my new apartment. I flipped the keypad open and jabbed the four numbers that would unlock the door. Like yesterday, the cute tone signalled that it was open. Ew. The place was still a mess. I sighed, dumping my bags by the door and rolled my sleeves up, ready to get a start on the cleaning.

 

I swear the bins looked brand new. Every single one of them was empty; no spot, not even a tissue. Wow, who is this retard? If there’s a bin, use it. It’s not that hard buddy.

I heaved a sigh and dumped the rubbish bag down the rubbish chute. I dusted my hands and entered the apartment again. It definitely looked ten times nicer. I mentally patted myself on my back and began moving my personal items into the room I was supposed to stay in. Along the way, the fancy clock sitting on the wall caught my attention. Holy crap. Am I seeing things? It’s what time!? At the exact same moment, the cute tone from the doorbell played and without thinking, I dashed into my room and shut the door behind me. I had no idea what I was doing, nor did I know why. I could hear footsteps at the front door and they had momentarily stopped. He must’ve gotten a shock since the place looked so clean. And it’s all thanks to me :)

He let out what seemed to be a frustrated sigh and continued into the apartment. I pressed my ear against the door so that I could get an idea of where he could be. The shuffling continued, and then suddenly stopped. I froze. And so did my breathing. I could hear my heart beating heavily, each thump echoing in my ear. Why the heck am I so nervous for? I mean, I did a good deed; I shouldn’t be like this right now.

Slowly, I reached the door knob and just as my fingers wrapped around it, the door was pulled away from me. I shrieked and tumbled forward and found myself leaning on something soft. I was glad I hadn’t fallen on top of him. That would’ve been awkward and just…let’s not go there. Without looking up, I stepped back and bowed my head as an apology, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were there and you gave me a shock when you suddenly opened the door.” Gosh, that was embarrassing. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

“Now that’s a first.” He scoffed. Wow, Minkyung was right, his voice does sound good. Oh my god, did I really just think that? “Is my body more attractive than my face?”

What?

Wow, this guy is just.... I was mentally laughing. Did he really mean that? “Normally, girls like you would pounce onto me as soon as they see my face, but wow, this is definitely something new.”

What?

I could hear him chuckling to himself. And I must admit, his voice does sound good. I looked up and oh my god. His face. Just wow. He had black hair, tousled, and his skin looked better than mine. He was wearing a black button up shirt with matching pants. Up close, I could see what was hiding underneath that top. Heh. Minkyung was right on. Dang it girl, you’re missing out right now.

OH MY GOD. WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING? No. I shouldn’t be doing this. I tried not to let excitement show on my face as I looked at him with a dead-panned expression. What he said finally entered my brain. He just compared me…to those ‘type’ of girls. I crossed my arms, and this time, my expression was real. “Well, you’re rather full of yourself.” I scoffed.

His eyebrow cocked up, “You’re quite interesting.” That boy was smirking. No. Do not smirk. And that is not the answer I was looking for. You’re supposed to get pissed, not take an interest.

I was having a useless battle in my head all thanks to this idiot. Now I’m the one getting pissed off. “Whatever.” I pushed my way out and entered the kitchen to realise I was hungry. Great timing. It was getting embarrassing and I was only making myself look more of an idiot than I already was. I looked through the cupboards and found what I needed and began throwing things together for a small meal. That cocky guy was standing by the side watching me.

“What are you doing?” He questioned after a short moment

I rolled my eyes, “Cooking.”

“I can see that.”

“That’s great. I was beginning to think a guy like you would have no common sense.” I could feel him move closer to me. His scent was starting to fill my nostrils despite the aroma’s coming from the food.

“Why do you mean by ‘a guy like you’?”

“You know,” I waved the chopsticks around the air. I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was trying to say. “A person like you.”

“That means…?” He leaned closer. I glanced to my side and slowly leaned the other way. It didn’t seem like he was going to back away so I pushed him. And oh gosh, his arms. I blushed and hoped he hadn’t noticed.

“Oh I don’t know. You’re quite good looking and it’d be a shame if those looks didn’t come with a brain.”

“Ah. I see. So you think I’m good looking?” I could imagine that smirk on his face again.

Fook.

Wait a second guys. Let me just dig a hole and bury myself in there.

“Are you blushing? You are!”

Oh my god. Someone kill me now.

 


I'm going to try and update as much as I can. I'll try daily, but no promises :)

Leave a comment or subscribe ^^

-baektome
(010614)