Iced Americano

Obvious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She heard her alarm clock was ringing loudly. Jihyo hit the alarm clock and yawned. She walked into her living room and saw her mother was making a morning drink for her family. “Oh, Seongim-ah. Good morning.” Her mother greeted her with a smile on her face. With her eyes was half closed, Jihyo went to the bathroom; brushed her teeth and washed her face. She went to the living room again and sat on the dining table. “Omma, appa already went to work?” she asked and her mother nodded.

 

“Seongim-ah, go wake up your little sister and little brother.” Jihyo nodded and took a sip of the drink that her mother made. First, she went to her younger sister’s room. “Ya, wake up!” she yelled but her younger sister didn’t moved or anything. Jihyo grabbed a pillow and hit her younger sister’s continuously. “Unnie, let me sleep.” “No! Wake up now! Omma asked me to wake you up! Faster! That’s why you are sleepy! Went for a date with your boyfriend until late night.” Jihyo nagged at her younger sister and she woke up because she can’t stand her sister’s nagging. “At least I have a boyfriend! Not like you!” she pushed away her blanket and straight away to the bathroom.

 

Jihyo just ignored her younger sister’s words and she continued to wake up her younger brother. She took off the blanket from his younger brother’s body and he started to move. “Wake up.” She said with a serious tone. His brother quickly woke up and saw his sister in front of his eyes. “Good morning, noona.” He said while rubbing his eyes. “Good morning. Omma, already made us drink. Let’s go.” She still stood there and watched his younger brother’s actions. Both of them looked at each other and Jihyo gave him a strong gaze. “Noona, don’t look at me like that. You’re scarier than omma when you do that.” Her younger brother said as he stood up from his bed. Jihyo gave him a ‘really’ look and walked to the living room.

 

Jihyo’s mother, younger brother and Jihyo were eating their breakfast. “Seongim-ah, where’s your little sister?” her mother asked and she can only raised her shoulders. It was a silence atmosphere whenever she was eating with her mother because she was not so close with her mom and she thought her mother is scary. The silence atmosphere has been break because of her younger sister. “Where are you going?” Jihyo’s mother asked and her younger sister stopped her actions. “I want to meet my friend for awhile.” Jihyo stopped eating and looked at her younger sister’s face. “Friend or boyfriend, huh?” her younger sister put her index finger on her lips. “Make sure come back home fast.” Her mother stated as her younger sister bowed and went out.

 

“Okay, I will go out to the market first.” Jihyo’s mother stood up and took her car keys then went off. The only people in the house were her younger brother and herself. “Ya, clean up the dishes.” Jihyo said as she stood up and went to sofa; watching television. “Noona! Aish! Why always me?” her younger brother complained as he picked up the plates, cups and washed it. After washed the dishes, her younger brother sat beside her and watched the television together.

 

“Noona, I want to ask you something.”

“What?”

“You’re so close with Gary-hyung since kindergarten. Do you ever have feelings for him?”

Jihyo flustered after heard her younger brother’s question. She cleared and answered.

“Ummm, if I have what will you do?”

“Nothing, I like him too. I will be happy if both of you get together. You know I meant, couple.”

Jihyo curved a smile and ruffled his younger brother’s hair.

“Did Gary-hyung ever give you a hint or something?”

“Hint what?”

“Hint that he likes you or anything.”

Jihyo thinks for a second and she snapped her fingers.

“He b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter