Blessings

Obvious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gary woke up after he heard his phone was ringing loudly beside his bed. He looked at the screen and smile.

 

“Yeoboseyo, Jihyo-ah. What do you want?”

 

“Yeoboseyo, oppa. Can you accompany me to salon later?”

 

“Salon? Okay, what time?”

 

“5pm? Pick me up in front of my house okay?!”

 

“Ya! Song Jihyo! Why so....”

 

He even couldn’t finish his lines; Jihyo already hung up the call. He walked out from his room and saw his mother was cooking a meal. “Heegun-ah, ‘good morning’.” “Omma, you’re being sarcastic aren’t you?” his mother laughed and walked towards the dining table to put the foods. Gary saw his father already sat at the dining table while reading a newspaper. “Good afternoon, abeoji(father).” His father lowered the newspaper and nodded then continues read the newspaper.

 

“Heegun-ah! Call your hyung now. The foods are ready to be eaten.” His mother shouted and he straight away went to his brother’s room without said anything. Gary opened the door and saw his brother still sleeping. He closed the door slowly and went closer to his hyung’s bed. “Hyung! Wake up! It’s already afternoon! The food is ready!” he jumped onto his brother and yelled to his ear. Gary’s brother pushed him away until he fell from the bed. “Not now Heegun-ah, I’m tired.” He said with a sleepy voice. Gary didn’t give up; he continues shakes his brother’s body hardly. “Wake up now. Before I call abeoji!” after heard the word ‘abeoji’, he quickly woke up and straight away to the bathroom. Gary shook his head and smile.

 

All his family gathered at the dining table and had their lunch together. “How are your children? Feeling better?” Gary’s mother asked his brother and he looked to his hyung’s face. “Oh, they’re feeling a lot better. I will go to my mother-in-law’s house after this.” His mother nodded and continues eating. “Heegun-ah, when you’ll get married? You’re already 37 you know.” His brother’s question made Gary choked and he took a sip of apple juice that his mother made. “Umm, I don’t have any plan. Plus, I don’t have any girlfriend.” He said in the simplest way and continues eat his food.

 

“Oh really? I thought Jihyo was your girlfriend?” this time his mother’s question made he choked. “Omma, what are you talking about? Jihyo is my best friend.” Gary’s father stared at him for a second and continues eating. “Did you know, best friend can turn to love? Just like me and your sister-in-law.” His brother said and looked at his younger brother’s face. Gary raised his shoulders to show ‘I don’t know’ sign. All of them done eating and of course the youngest washed the dishes. His father went to work meanwhile his brother went to his mother-in-law’s house.

 

“Heegun-ah, you’re not going anywhere today?” his mother asked him while he was watching the television. “Oh, I will accompany Jihyo go to salon later; 5pm I will pick her up.” He glanced at the wall clock and looked at her mother. “I want to ask you a question.” Gary’s mother walked closer to him and sat beside him on the couch. “Jihyo and you already being friends or best friend since yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter