For a Chance

For a Chance

"I’m not going." PO said, closing the door of his room.

Zico rolled him eyes. He was already dressed for the casual double date dinner. He was already late, and PO had not yet changed his pajamas.

"Damn, PO," Zico said, knocking at the door, "I’m asking you a favor, why won’t you help me?"

"You are joking with me." PO said behind the door.

"What are you talking about?" Zico asked, losing his patience.

"This girl, she must be terrible."

Zico walked in circles in front of the door.

"This girl you talk about is my girlfriend’s roommate. They are best friends. And she is a lovely girl. If you are not doing this for her, please, do it for me. I’m not asking you to date her. I’m just asking you to go on a blind date. You don’t need to go to the movie after the dinner. But, please, you need to go to the dinner. I promised my girlfriend you would."

There was silence in the dorm for a minute.

"No."

"You know what, I’m calling Kyung." Zico said, taking his phone for the pocket. "He would never reject a blind date…"

At the same time, PO opened the door.

"Alright." He said. "I’m going."

—-

They were late.

You and your friend had already talked about every possible matter and now you would only stare at the table, in silence, hoping they would appear.

Finally, Zico arrived and sat beside her.

"I’m sorry, baby. We are so late." He smiled at you, trying to apologize. "It’s PO who made us get late."

You looked at the person in front of the table. That was Zico’s group member, PO. And he looked at you. In the same moment, his eyes widen up, he smiled.

"May I seat here?" He asked, pointing at the spot beside you.

"Sure."

How could she be so cute? He thought. And her cute konglish accent. Damn.

PO could not take his eyes away from your smile, and your eyes. Your voice was like song to his ears. And for some kind of miracle, even your thoughts and beliefs were similar.

During the dinner, you held a kimbap with your chopsticks, but the kimbap flew away from your plate. Everyone laughed.

"I’m terrible with this." You said, blushing.

"Here, let my help you."

With his warm hands, he touched your cold fingers, helping them to get used to the chopstick position. Not only you were cute, you also had the most soft hands and PO whole body felt an electric wave of excitement.

"See, it’s easy."

"I’m still struggling, though." You laughed.

"Don’t worry, you will get used to the chopstick." PO said in a lower tone, so only you would hear it.

—-

After dinner, the four of you walked to the cinema, at Sinsa street.

"PO won’t go to the movies with us." Zico said. "He have schedul…"

"No, I’ll go." He said, hiding his eyes from Zico.

"But…"

"I cancelled it." PO said. 

Zico smiled.

"Alright, then."

You walked in silence until you friend spotted the cinema.

"There!"

—-

Zico and your friend chose a historical movie. Your and PO’s idea was rejected right away, but, at least, both of you wanted to watch the same movie, Big Hero 6.

But the biggest shock was about to come.

The chosen movie theater session had couple chairs. And Zico only bought two couple chairs.

At first, seating so close, made you and PO feel a little awkward, but, soon, you were talking, eating pop corn and laughing while waiting for the movie to start.

—-

The movie was definitely rated M.

It had a lot of violence, blood and torture scenes. They all made you feel sick. PO noticed how uncomfortable you were.

"Do you want to leave?" He whispered.

"But… what about them?" You point at the Zico and your friend. They were kissing, not paying attention to a single scene of the movie.

"They will be fine." PO said.

Helping you in the darkness, you left the movie theater. Zico and your friend didn’t even saw that.

"Much better." PO said, as soon as you reached the cinema corridor.

"Wow… so much blood."

PO laughed.

"We should watch the Disney movie instead! There, that room is playing Big Hero 6. Let’s go."

"No," you held his hand, "we can’t go in without paying."

PO he smiled, holding you hand stronger.

"Let’s go on an adventure!"

Without anyone seeing, you entered the Disney room and found an empty couple seat in the first row.

Trying to cover your mouths, you laughed in silence. But, suddenly, PO looked into your eyes and he became serious. You closed your smile.

"I feel like I know you for so long…" He said.

And he slowly leaned to kiss you. Not even PO was aware of what he was doing. He only felt the moment and let his body show. He kissed you, pulling your lips between his, touching the back of you neck.

After, he moved away and looked down, ashamed of touching you so suddenly.

But you pulled his face up and kissed him again.

—-

When the movie ended and the lights were turned up, Zico looked at the seat beside his.

"Nice movie, right?"

But there was no one in the couple seat. Zico smiled. He send PO a Kakao message.

"Where are you?"

The answer appeared in the screen.

"Heaven."

—-

Zico and your friends dating had ended long ago. But you and PO were now in a serious relationship. You were accepted by his whole family. In fact, they all treated you as part of the family already.

"How do I look?" PO left his room dressed in a elegant suit.

"Great." Zico said. "Looking like a CEO."

"Really?"

Zico smiled.

"Let me see it again?"

PO took the small box from his pocket and showed the ring to Zico.

"Waaaaa… Beautiful." Zico said. "She will cry. I beat she will."

PO looked at the ring again, making sure it was beautiful enough for the woman of his life.

"I hope she says yes."

Zico laughed.

"Nobody knows." And laughed again. "I’m joking. She really loves you, Pyo. Trust me."

PO looked into the friend’s eyes.

"Thank you, Zico."

"I’m only telling you the truth…"

"No," PO said, "thank you for introducing us, for pushing me to that blind date. Thank you."

Zico just smiled, pretending it was not a big deal.

"It could be Kyung in my place right now." PO said. "I would never forgive myself."

And they laughed.