ONE

A Part of My Memory

ONE

As Maeri passed by the western building, a familiar voice called out to her, she turned around and saw her classmate Bora as she ran towards her. They greeted each other and decided to go to class together. Bora was an inch taller than her, she had short curly hair and fair white skin. Brown eyes and double lids which is her best asset, she and Maeri have been friends even though Bora is majoring in acting.

“I heard you caught a cold yesterday but still came to classes, are you alright now?” Maeri asked and Bora nodded her head energetically, as if she never caught a cold in the first place. “I’m fine, I’m glad that you were worried about me” she said with a huge grin, Maeri giggled and they continued their way. They made it just in time and classes immediately started, Maeri was sitting by the window side and it was a boring class for her. She looked outside the window and saw some students from the film department as well

“Ah, Jin-sunbae and his friends” Bora said as she noticed that Maeri was staring outside. “He’s really handsome even from this kind of distance” she added as she sounded as if she was talking about a dream boy. Maeri didn’t think so though or the fact that she can’t clearly see Jin’s face that’s why she couldn’t agree with Bora.

“Kyaa~ he looked over here!” Bora beamed, Maeri released a sigh and continued to listen to the teacher.

Classes ended and they moved on to their next classes, the girls had to separate ways since Bora was taking a minor subject while Maeri was taking her major subject. On the way out, she accidentally bumped into a guy who was also her classmate on their first subject.

“Sorry” she apologized, the guy whose hair was bright orange and had a fierce look in his eye turned to Maeri and was about to apologize too but when he saw her, he immediately looked away and continued to joke around with his friends. Maeri didn’t mind though since he was just someone from her class but Bora seemed to notice something…

“I wonder why Taehyung always acts like that around you” she said

“What do you mean?” Maeri asked

“He’s fine when he’s talking to me but when it comes to you, it seems like he’s always avoiding you” Bora answered. Maeri thought about it but then she shrugged and said “Maybe it’s because the two of you are taking up the same course” “Well, maybe that…” Bora agreed but she still felt like something was off, before she realized, Maeri already went ahead.

***

Jin, full name Kim Seokjin, is a tall young college student who took up a major in acting and is now a graduating student. He didn’t have classes in the morning so he and some of his classmates decided to hang out by the courtyard right beside the northern building where Maeri had her first class. His classmate playfully pushed him around and for being a prince in their department when one of them noticed a girl from the fourth floor who seemed to be staring at them.

“Look over there is Jin’s fan again” he said as he pointed at her, Jin looked up and saw two girls this time. The one who was staring at them was a girl with curly hair while the other was looking at the girl with a confused expression. She had a medium length dark brown hair with her bangs to the side, when Jin saw her, he immediately stood up.

“No way” he said and he ran off, “Jin?” the others wondered.

 

As soon as Maeri reached her next classroom, she the teacher entered and classes started immediately. She turned to the window by the hallway and saw someone running as fast as he could “Uh?” she wondered.

Jin arrived at the classroom where he saw the girls from before but when he arrived there, the teacher was already inside and it was another class. He released a huge sigh as he leaned on the wall. Moments later he decided to go back to where his friends were when he passed by a room and saw Taehyung

“V!” he called out, Taehyung, who was sitting on his desk and chatting with his friends while the teacher was still not around, heard Jin. He turned to Jin and happily waved at him “Aish this kid, get down from your desk and sit properly” he mouthed and Taehyung nodded his head as he did what Jin told him. Bora noticed how Taehyung and Jin seemed to be close friends and she thought of an idea

“Taehyung-ah~” she said in a cute way and Taehyung raised his brow.

 

Maeri was part of a club for aspiring film directors, script writers, and video editors called KFC or Konkuk Film Club; they would have to meet up three times a week during Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. It was Monday so she decided to head to the club room since she didn’t have any afternoon classes on Monday. There was no one else in the club room since the other members had classes so she decided to reread the script for the winter festival.

“I still don’t get it why they would want to shoot not only in Seoul but as well as Gyeongju and Busan. These people…” she mumbled then the door opened and she saw Jungkook “Ah, good afternoon” she greeted and Jungkook nodded back as he placed his bag by the table and went to the other side to read his book. Jungkook is a freshman taking up major in script writing, he was the one who wrote the script that Maeri is currently reading. He’s popular in their department because of his handsome face and mysterious personality though Maeri doesn’t think that he’s mysterious but rather, someone who doesn’t talk much and would prefer to be alone.

“Guess he heard me complain” she murmured

“Yup” he responded and she flinched, well… maybe he is a little bit mysterious.

Time passed and it was already five in the afternoon, one by one the other members arrived and the last one to enter was their president who came with the president from the drama club, Do Kyungsoo.

“Good afternoon my little followers, did you miss me?” Lee Minhyuk, the president of the film club, beamed. s though just gave him a straight face and ignored him while Kyungsoo silently laughed. “Ehem, anyway, gather up since I have an announcement to make” he said. Moments later the members gave him their attentions as Minhyuk began to discuss their main agenda

“As you all now, for the upcoming winter festival, we were assigned to come up with three films and present it during the festival’s night event. We will be teaming up with the actors and actresses from the drama club led by Kyungsoo” Minhyuk started “And since we divided the groups into three, Kyungsoo will present to you the actors and actresses that will be assigned to your groups” he added.

“I don’t know why he had to bring Do-sunbae when he can just announce the groupings by himself” Maeri thought.

Kyungsoo one by one spoke of the names that belonged to each group. Maeri was assigned to Group B along with Jungkook, Haerin, Namjoo, Youngjae and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo announced the actors and actresses that they will be working with: Lee Byunghun, Kang Jiyoung, Shin Dongho, Yook Sungjae, Oh Hayoung and Kim Seokjin.

Maeri's eyes beamed when she heard ‘Kang Jiyoung’ was going to be part of our group while Jungkook’s face turned blue when he heard Jin’s name.

“Kang Jiyoung is also known to be one of the prettiest and best actresses in the acting course, she’s perfect” Maeri thought. She turned to Baekhyun, her co-director and discuss about the actors and actresses. After Kyungsoo announced all of the names, he posted the list at the board in case someone forgets a member and he left. Minhyuk also told them to discuss among their own groups about their opinions of the actors and actresses assigned to them.

“We’re lucky to have Kang Jiyoung in our group” Maeri said with a happy face, “Yeah but Byunghun-sunbae is in our group too and he’s scary” said Haerin “Not to mention that brat Shin Dongho” Namjoo added.

“Don’t worry about those two, I’ll handle them” said Baekhyun. The others felt a little bit uneasy though but since Baekhyun, the mood maker of the club, said so that it’ll be fine then they trust him.

They were told that during their next meeting, they’ll be able to meet the members of the drama club and some of them were so excited about it. The next day, Maeri told Bora about the actors and actresses that were assigned to them.

“No way, Jin-sunbae is part of your group!? Aish, lucky girl” she said

“Well you should’ve joined the drama club if you wanted to be with him that badly” said Maeri

“No way! Even though I’m taking up a course in acting, I still need to keep my athletic side. There is no way I’m leaving the volleyball club!” she beamed “Whatever you say” Maeri responded.

Jin was pre-occupied with something, while he was drinking cola and reading his notes at the same time on the way to the classroom, someone bumped into him and he spilled the cola on to his clothes.

“Agh!” he cried as he dropped his book while the cola was dripping from the can. Maeri turned to him and immediately apologized as she helped him pick up his books

“I’m really sorry” she apologized, “It’s going to leave a huge stain, jeez” Jin murmured. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to-” she said but before she could continue to apologize, Jin immediately stood up and continued to walk ahead without even looking at her. She got annoyed and mumbled “Rude guy”, when she turned to Bora, Bora’s eyes widened as made an ‘O’ shape “What’s with you?” she asked. “J-J-J-Jin-sunbae!” Bora proclaimed “Huh?” Maeri wondered. She turned to Jin again who was still complaining while walking in an awkward way, “So… he’s that prince huh” she said.


A/N: First chapter is up, hope you guys enjoyed it ^^ by the way, you might notice that some of the charcters' names are names of members from different idol groups... well that's because I can't think of any other names but it's up to your imagination on what the other characters look like :)