Seventh

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“All the things we talked about go to the sky.”              

Good Day – IU

 

"I need to talk to you." She said in low tone.

"About what?" Kyungsoo's voice was raised.

"Us." She answered, her voice was trembling.

"Us?" He scoffed. "Us is over, Minah. You told me that before." Kyungsoo tried hard to control himself, even hell, he wanted so much to pulled that girl into his arms.

"I know, Kyungie. But I was wrong. I was stupid. I was childish. I didn't know I will miss you this bad."

Kyungsoo sighed. "And now you miss me. Where were you before, Minah? Where were you when I need you the most?"

Minah walked closer and held Kyungsoo's hands. The guy didn't let go, because honestly, he missed her soft hands so bad. "I'm sorry." She said.

"You can't say sorry that easy, Minah. You had no idea what I've been through. You made me leaving something that I love to do the most. You made me stopped singing."

Minah tightened her hands on Kyungsoo's. "That's why I come after you! That's why I attend the same school as you! We can do this together, Kyungie. Just give me another chance. I promise I won't blow it away."

"Last time you promised me something, it didn't end well." Kyungsoo was in doubt.

"Just... Trust me, Kyungie. Trust me on this."

Minah looked at Kyungsoo with confidence, wishing the guy would falter and agree. But Kyungsoo wasn't the same naïve Do Kyungsoo anymore. Kyungsoo has grown up. He had learned that actions spoke louder than words.

"Minah.." He sighed. "We can't be together again. We are done. And I can't allow you to hurt myself."

Minah sobbed. "Don't you love me?"

Kyungsoo his lips. "I do."

"Then please let me in again." She hugged Kyungsoo tightly. "Please let me fix my mistake. Please forgive me."

Kyungsoo knew he was lost, when he hugged Minah back. "Let's start over, okay?"

Minah looked up and beamed. "Okay."

"We have to start from the very beginning. We have to be friends first."

Minah wiped her tears and nodded. Even she was a bit disappointed, she was glad, because at least, Kyungsoo gave her another chance to be with him again. She nodded her head. "Okay. Let's be friends." She let go of Kyungsoo and stuck out her hands. "Hello, my name is Bang Minah."

That heart shape lips created a wide smile. "Hello, Bang Minah, my name is Do Kyungsoo."

Both of them smiled sincerely and called it a day.

***

"Tell me again. Why should I let you hold my hand?" Eunji looked down at their intertwined hands.

They two were on the bus, sat on behind rows, while most of female passengers locked their eyes on Baekhyun. Eunji hated to admit that Baekhyun looked so cool with his brown hair. His eyes focused to the streets and sometimes he smiled when he saw something fascinating. He wasn't disturbed with the attentions. She wondered how he would look like if he coloured it black. He would look so much hotter. Wait, wait, wait.. What the heck did she think?!

Eunji shook her head and tried to let go of her hand. Baekhyun looked at her and furrowed her eyebrows. "Yah, gangster, what are you doing?" He asked. Instead of let go, he tightened his grip.

"Let this go, sunbae!" She pointed her hand. "I feel all the girls inside want to kill me because we are holding hands."

"Mind their own business." Baekhyun shrugged.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Do you want me to kick your friend again?! Let this go!" She yelled at the guy.

Byun Baekhyun felt exasperated with her scream. He pulled the girl closer, so there was no space left. He didn't see Eunji cheeks were reddening. "I told you, didn't I? This city has lots of idiots and this is my example of protecting you. So shut up and enjoy the ride."

"No, you do this.." She raised their hands. "Because you want to seize the moment to hold my hand."

"Oh come on, sweetheart, we are the hopeless romantic couple! Holding hands is nothing, compared the other things we could do. Touching, kissing, making―" She cut him off with a scream.

"YAH!!!!!" Eunji blushed. Shoot. This guy was very good with words. Why did he have to remind her about that stupid award? "You ert."

"Girlfriend, I'm only a ert for you." He blinked passionately. "Isn't it adorable? I show you the real me and not the other girls."

Eunji rolled her eyes. "Adorable, my foot. You are not even close to that personality.. Yah! Stop calling me things like I'm yours! I'm not your girlfriend, Byun Baekhyun!"

"Yet." Baekhyun corrected. "You are not my girlfriend, yet. Did Jinwoon hyung ever tell you about the hopeless romantic couple award legend?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

Eunji blinked her eyes. Did this senior want some punch in face? He might be joking! Why the hell an award had a legend?! "What?" She sounded unsure.

"Hopeless Romantic Couple has a famous legend, sweetie. It once said, whoever won the award, they two will fall in love with each other. And well, it has been proved times by times. Last year, my friend, Kim Myungsoo, won it along with Park Sooyoung. And look at them now, they can't be separated at all. Even that dumb Jongdae once tried to break them up, he couldn't."

"It's not times by times. It's just one example, who knows, that before it happened, they already fell for each other?" Eunji tried to use her logic. Because no hell no, she didn't want to fall in love with this stupid senior. She wanted Kyungsoo to fall in love with her.

"Take your oppa as example, then." Baekhyun looked at confused Eunji. "Yonghwa sunbae won it along with Seohyun noona, right?"

Eunji froze. Right, Yonghwa won it and that stupid trophy was on their 'trophies table', a table which used special for their trophies. The idea came from their late mother, since she had no idea where to put Yonghwa's and Jinwoon's trophies, since there were lots of them. And when Yonghwa saw she brought another kind of stupid trophy, he kept teasing and threatening her that she would fall in love with her stupid senior eventually.

"And we all know that they are not a perfect match. Seohyun noona is a calm and quiet girl, while Yonghwa sunbae is said to be a friendly and loud boy. But they are dating, somehow, right?"

Eunji didn't say anything, made Baekhyun made a thin smile. This girl was too innocent to understand the whole legend thing. He himself also didn't want to believe, but Jongdae kept reminding him about it, made him wanted to cut his ears so he didn't have to listen to the bull anymore.

The bus stopped and Baekhyun noticed it was the fourth stop. Baekhyun pinched her and she looked at him in confusion. "Our stop." He stood up.

"Oh! Right!" She followed Baekhyun's step and they were still holding hands.

"Where is your house?" He asked, still didn't want to let go.

"Follow me!" She leaded him and walked first.

Baekhyun looked down at their hands and bit his lower lips. He shouldn't do this since the beginning. Because right now, he felt like didn't want to let it go anymore.

***

"Yah, bastard! Why are you eating my cupcake?!" Chanyeol groaned when he saw Jongdae ate Chanyeol's cupcake. "It's expensive, you moron! If you want some, go ask her! We all know that she has a huge crush on you. She will give you for free!!"

Jongdae smiled innocently. "Yah, I can't take advantage just like that. What if I did that, then she expected something from me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"And now you pretend like you're a real gentleman."

"At least I'm not a forever alone like someone."

"."

"Said the best friend of him." Jongdae answered relaxedly, made Chanyeol growled under his breath.

They two were at a café near their school, where the Beagle line used to hang out. They enjoyed going to this place because the price wasn't really expensive and the place was cozy. In addition, the cashier had a crush on Jongdae, so sometimes, she would give them free cakes or cookies.

"Yah, isn't it Jinwoon hyung?" Chanyeol suddenly spoke. His eyes locked on a tall figure, who was standing in front of the counter.

"Jinwoon hyung wouldn't be here. His haven is a library, not a café." Jongdae shook his head and played with his phone.

"Yah! You're not even looking, camel!"

"Because I know!" He looked up. He was annoyed because he had to pause his game. "I was in the middle of the battle, giant! Where is Jinwoon hyu..." He stopped groaning, because he saw Jinwoon looked at them.

Jinwoon was buying an Americano, because he desperately needed it. He needed caffeine to keep him awake, so he could study harder. Then, when he heard his name was called, he furrowed his eyebrows. Even he was familiar with the voice. He turned around and saw the Beagle line, minus Baekhyun, was smiling awkwardly at him.

Jinwoon took some steps closer to them. "Where is Baekhyun?" He asked.

"Ah, he went home last. He was in detention, so he said we could go first." Chanyeol answered

"I see." He sat next to Chanyeol and sipped his coffee.

"What are you doing here, hyung?" Jongdae asked.

Jinwoon looked at him with a death glare, causing the other shivered. "Can't I be here?" His voice was ice cold.

"No, no, no, no, no. You can, hyung. Hahaha. Of course, you can. You are always welcome here." Jongdae said nervously.

Jinwoon smiled. "Relax, Jongdae."

"Honestly, hyung, I can't do that if it's you. You are super scary."

"Really?" Jinwoon raised an eyebrow. No one told him that. Well, Eunji said that when Jinwoon acted like a bodyguard than a brother. Junmyeon was never complained about his personality.

Both of them nodded. "But it's okay, hyung." Chanyeol suddenly spoke. "Don't change. Just keep that image. Girls fall hard for you because your cold and scary image."

Jinwoon smiled. "Thanks, Chanyeol."

"Anytime, hyung."

Jinwoon checked his wrist watch and stood up. "I gotta go."

"Why so quick, hyung?" Jongdae asked.

"Suneung, dongsaeng. I have to take extra lessons for it."

"Aaahh." Again, those sophomores nodded. "Good luck, hyung!"

Jinwoon rose his thumbs and walked out from the café, leaving the Beagle line behind. Jinwoon walked qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter