1 Parts Blessed 1 Parts Cursed. 2

1 Parts Blessed 1 Parts Cursed.

1 Parts Blessed 1 Parts Cursed.

 

Even though the Blessed and the Cursed had agreed to live together in peace, the two never upheld the live together part. But once the news of the arranged marriage between the young flame prince and the half Blessed half Cursed child came out, things started to change. In just eight, almost nine years, a majority of both beings truly began to co exist, they became neighbors, and friends. Although there weren't any romantic relations, it was bound to happen.

 

Yerin and Chanyeol were raised together, and as a result became inseparable. While there were so many people who were happy with the union, there were also a great number of people who couldn't accept the change. But for now they stayed quiet about their disapproval, and just decided to watch from behind the scenes, just waiting to disrupt the new found peace.

 

 

Channie! Chanyeol where are you.” The young prince ducked down behind the tree where he was hidden, using his hand to muffle his giggles.

 

Chanyeol, you know I hate this game.” The prince peeked at his companion who sported a frustrated expression.

 

Fine then I’ll just go back to my lessons since your not here.” Chanyeol panicked as he watched the long raven haired female began to make her way out of the garden.

 

Wait, wait Yerin!” The female turned around with a smug look on her face as the curly haired boy appeared from behind the tree. He stood as she approached him with angry steps and closed his eyes when she was right in front of him.

 

Ouch!” Chanyeol stumbled and fell back in shock as he rubbed his head. He kept his hand over his now stinging forehead as Yerin crouched down in front of him.

 

Don't be such a baby Channie, and besides you deserved it.” Chanyeol stood up adjusting his glasses with a frown as Yerin copied his movement and stood at almost the same height as him.

 

But more importantly why are your here?” Yerin followed Chanyeol to the tree he had been hiding behind a few minutes prior, and sat down patting the ground next to him. She complied and waited for him to explain. It was true that the children, spent almost every day together, every day except Monday, which today was. Because Monday was the day both of them had lessons. So Yerin was surprised when her grandfather told her Chanyeol was in the garden.

 

My lessons got canceled half way through.” Yerin stopped playing with one of the many fall kissed leaves, to turn to look at him fully.

 

Half way through?” It was the first time Chanyeol had ever had a lesson canceled, and she was confused as to why.

 

I'll be getting a different instructor.” Yerin blew her bangs out of her face with a frustrated huff, she really did hate when Chanyeol didn't speak properly, and before she could tell him just that, he stood up in front of her.

 

Yerin watch this.” At first she wasn't sure what she was supposed to be watching but then she saw it. It was just for a second but she saw the small spark that flashed in Chanyeol's hand. She quickly rose to her feet as more sparks began to go off, making a slight crackling sound.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes as he focused, and for a few long seconds nothing happened but then above their heads six small fire balls rotated. Chanyeol opened his eyes to see if it worked, and when Yerin caught sight of his eyes she gasped. Chanyeol's red eyes which were covered by his glasses were glowing, but it didn't frighten Yerin, no instead it mesmerized her.

 

And now for the grand finally.” Yerin tore her eyes from Chanyeol's to look, just in time as the fire orbs crashed into each other and made a small fireworks display above them.

 

I can call on my fire now, I'm the first in my family to do so at my age.” Yerin looked at her friend proud that she knew someone as amazing as him. They took their seats again, and Yerin turned to see that Chanyeol's eyes no longer glowed.

 

Will you be showing everyone at our birthday party?” The two wold soon turn nine in two days, and it would be a joint affair with noble Cursed, and Blessed in attendance.

 

I'm not sure.” Chanyeol wasn't confident in displaying his power in front of so many important people.

 

Chanyeol removed his glasses and position himself to lay on Yerin's lap. He looked up at the blurry mismatched eyes in front of him.

 

Wouldn't it be great if I could get my eyes healed before the party?” Yerin looked down at her tired friend as he drifted off to sleep on her lap.

 

While it's true that Blessed beings could heal, almost any wound or sickness, they could not however heal a Cursed being. The thought sparked something inside of Yerin as she watched Chanyeol sleep soundly. She glanced at his glasses and then at her hands. With a shaky breath she looked around to make sure no one was watching, thankfully whenever Chanyeol came he left his guards outside. Yerin knew that someone would soon come to fetch her so she had to be quick.

 

Yerin rubbed her hands together and looked around one more time, before focusing her full attention on Chanyeol's sleeping form. Now Yerin didn't like keeping secrets from anyone especially, her grandfather, or Chanyeol, but she had yet to tell them about the odd ability she had discovered a month ago. And until she had proof that it actually worked she didn't want to make a big deal out of something that could be nothing.

 

Putting those thoughts behind her, and with a shaky breath she put her hands a few inches from his face, and willed the warmth that she had experienced a few times prior, to come forth.

 

At first nothing happened, but then it appeared, a blue flame. She made sure to focus the flame on her finger tips, and brought them to Chanyeol's closed eyes. She had learned from experience that her blue flame could not burn anything, so she didn't worry about harming him. She was more worried that she would be unsuccessful in her attempt at fixing the eyes that had bothered Chanyeol all his life. She watched as the blue flame descended and hovered monetarily above Chanyeol's eyes before they evaporated on his eyelids. Chanyeol stirred and Yerin quickly removed her hands from his face. Chanyeol blinked and for a moment his eyes flashed blue, but they quickly went back to their normal red. Chanyeol looked up at Yerin with a strange look on his face.

 

He reached up and touched he face, and then bolted up from his position, searching the ground for something. He snatched up his glasses, and squinted as he put them on. He pulled them off blinked a few times, and repeated this process once more before removing his glasses completely.

 

Yerin, I can see without my glasses.” The utter disbelief was evident in his eyes, so Yerin put on her best shocked face.

 

Really!? That's amazing Channie!” He pulled her up and they danced in a circle.

 

Did you do this?” Yerin stopped her bouncing, debating on whether to reveal her secret.

 

No you know I can't use my Blessed or My Cursed gifts.” Chanyeol nodded in a agreement.

It's probably because you can call on your fire, it healed your eyes as a result.” Chanyeol's mouth formed a O shape as he believed everything Yerin said.

 

I have to tell my parents!” As the two raced inside they didn't know of the spiteful eyes that watched them. He watched as the two disappeared into the house, and made his way to another location, to inform his cohorts that their worst fears had become a reality.

 

We must get rid of the half breed!”

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Hello today is May 31st, and I plan to post this story twice a week on Mondays and Fridays. Therefore I'm writing it days in advance. So I hope your liking it so far, expect my next update!

 

P.S. Would any of you mind making me a banner? I would appreciate it greatly. ^_^

 

 

 

Update: Today is june 6th and due to Chanyeol's instagram incident, I'll be putting this story on a one month hold, for the moment it will be replaced with a Woobin fic I've working on.