010: The Abrupt Disclosure

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Abrupt Disclosure

Kim Minseok entered Park Chanyeol's office five minutes late, a bit agitated that his previous call took a long time. He knew that the latter would want to talk to him as soon as possible. He swiftly closed the door behind him and bowed to his superior, keeping his face void of any expression whatsoever.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, motioned him to get closer to his desk as he placed a check on top of his desk, with his sign and a two million Won label on it which made Minseok quirk his eyebrow in stupefaction. As far as he was concerned, Park Chanyeol never pays before the deed is done. His action had made it clear to Minseok that he would be asking for a sudden request to be done as soon as possible, to which he grew irritated upon realization.

And his suspicions were proven right, much to his displeasure.

Chanyeol spoke, "I want you to research about my clients, particularly with the clients that refused my proposal." He then placed a folder beside the check and leaned back on his office chair before continuing, "That's the downpayment. I'll give you the rest once you finish your research."

Minseok his lips, nodding in agreement. "What do I need to research for, sir?"

"I need you to research on these men's relationships. I am getting the feeling that they're in cahoots when we were conversing during our meeting. Research for any secret interactions between them and I want it done as soon as possible. I trust you not to get caught with this, Minseok. I am not wasting my money on your for nothing," the CEO said.

You don't say, Minseok thought.

Nevertheless, he nodded, despite the strong urge to roll his eyes at the latter, "Yes, sir. When do you want it done?"

"I want it done by tomorrow night. No extensions," Chanyeol said. On the other hand, Minseok's jaw twitched in irritation, not liking the idea.

As much as he wanted to research for the latter's request, he already had a lot on his plate. Nevertheless, he nodded, agreeing, though he didn't expect the latter to demand it sooner than he expected. Either way, he had already expected the latter to ask for another research as predicted.  "We will also have a meeting forty minutes later, along with the other department heads. Seeing as you are hear speaking to me, I doubt that my secretary had already talked to you. Nevertheless, make sure to attend the meeting and participate. I do not want my employees doubting your job."

Making sure to compose himself althroughout their conversation, he nodded and took the check and the folder from the desk and bowed at his superior in respect once again before swiftly exiting the office, no other words spoken. He didn't want to spew words of retaliation, either way. Who was he to refuse the latter's request, too? He knew that Park Chanyeol would never take no for an answer.

Wu Yifan ing pays higher than him. And here I thought he was richer. He thought, frowning. Cheap bastard.

As soon as he turned around to walk towards the elevators, still frowning, he was met with a very surprised Hana who had agape, making her look utterly weird in sight. Her expression then hardened as she registered the man standing in front of him.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" She said, her voice hard and demanding.

"Well, it's a very fine afternoon, indeed," Minseok mused, unaffected, as he had faced people with worse personalities than her. "And I'd like to jinx that question Choi Hana. What are you doing here?"

She smirked, taking the scene in front of him. She glanced at the office door then back at Minseok before her smirk deepened. "I see," she said, her smirk never leaving her face, "I guess my words from before were true, then. Did you have a good time with my boss, freak?"

Minseok's eyebrows twitched from the word freak. Nevertheless, her last statement had caught more of his attention. "Your boss? He hired you again?"

"Why Mr. Kim Minseok. It's really surprising that you didn't know. And here I thought that you stalk my boss 24/7. What? Did you get busier? Or perhaps, did you find more boy toys? I don't think my boss would like that, Mr. Kim," she said, still with that smirk plastered on her lips, her face challenging the latter.

"I did get busier as a matter of fact. I work for this company," Minseok said, glaring. "Do not play with me, Miss Choi. You don't want to get to my bad side."

"Really? I thought I already was?" Hana said and gasped obnoxiously, her hand flying on with her eyes enlarged, as if she was really surprised with Minseok's statement. Minseok, who was well aware that Hana was pushing him into his limits, stomped towards the elevators and angrily pushed the down button hard and repetitively, his anger pulsating through his veins.

He badly wanted to burst out a while ago, but he didn't want to spew anything that would be dangerous to him. Nevertheless, he didn't expect Hana to work back again, seeing as how the issue was big before. He, too, was busy handling his other tasks in his department that he had failed to know of her presence in the company.

Hana, on the other hand, watched as the latter stalked off, laughing in the process as she knew that she had won that round.

His first statement had bothered her though.

He works for this company? She thought. Then why did he even bother to talk to me that day?

The fact that Minseok had talked to her at the cafe that day had bothered her, especially since he stated a few questions about her boss and her suppoesdly ex-job when he was, in fact, working in his company. Wouldn't he know the answers to those questions, then? He was suspicious, and something inside Hana was telling her that he was after something or someone, hence why would he even ask her those questions in the first place?

Setting those questions aside, she knocked on her boss' door and poked her head inside afterwards, "Sir, I already informed the department heads of the meeting thirty minutes later." She said, eventually entering the office and closing the door behind her. She watched as his boss simply waved her off, as he read through the files on his hands. She knew better than to think that he was too focused on those files though.

His line of vision wasn't even focused on those papers on his hands. His eyes were staring into his desk instead, his face propped up by a frown, indicating that he was thinking deeply into something -- something that Hana obviously didn't know.

Chanyeol, noticing that his secretary didn't leave the room, brought his gaze onto Hana. "What?"

"Uhm, This might seem weird, but does Kim Minseok, the man that came from your office ten minutes ago, work for this company?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers as he anxiously waited for her boss' answer.

"He is. Why?" Chanyeol answered, Hana's abrupt question catching his interest.

"Nothing. Just curious," she said, bowing at the latter before exiting his office. She huffed as she went to her desk. She knew then that Kim Minseok was indeed after something. It was just too weird, from her view of point. He most probably didn't expect her to get her job back, seeing as how astonished he looked when she told him that she was Park Chanyeol's secretary.

She was right, though it wasn't that she knew it, because when Kim Minseok went back inside his office, he called someone and told him that the plan was compromised, and that Hana was back to her job.

I believe it's time to do some research. She gingerly thought. Fun.

Do note her sarcasm.

 

*** *** ***

 

Hana groaned, literally pissed to the max at the woman standing in front of her -- Shin Eunbyul. Eunbyul, on the other hand, fixed the sunglasses up her nose and crossed her hands across her chest, making sure to prop her up as if to intimidate Hana. It didn't seem to work as she watched the secretary scoff and glare at her directly, taking her aback from the unexpected reaction she got.

They were currently in the rooftop, for reasons including the possibility of catching the attention of a few passerbys outside the building who might include a few reporters or curious citizens -- which might eventually lead to articles and whatnot -- much to everyone's displeasure. Hana was trying her best to steer the woman away as she knew that her boss wouldn't like to see her. She knew of the previous fiasco at the lobby the other day, as well.

"Ma'am, I suggest that you leave this vicinity as soon as possible before the CEO himself knows of your presence," Hana warned, pissed off that the woman was taking her precious time -- time to work her off from the work that the CEO had given her for the day.

Her warning didn't seem to work as a threat though. Instead, it worked the other way around, seeing as what the actress had wanted from the very beginning was the CEO's attention after all. "Tell him to come down here and make me leave, then. I don't mind," she scoffed, glaring at the secretary, though the latter wasn't even able to see her glare because of the sunglasses that she wore.

This woman is really crazy. Who even wears sunglasses at this time of the day? It's like freaking midnight and it's freaking dark here in the rooftop, too! It's not like people would recognize her inside this building either!

It was true.

It was already an hour past working hours, and the only people on the building were the CEO, the workers who decided to work overtime, and a couple of security guards and maintenance staff that were assigned for the night.

"That's not possible, Ma'am. Mr. Park is busy at the moment as am I. We have a lot of pending work undone at the moment, and I would gladly appreciate it if you leave for the night and go bother us next time when we're not busy," Hana said.

"I don't care about your workload, lady. Just tell your boss to come and talk to me, then you can go back to your fun little work. It's that simple," Eunbyul said.

Hana rolled her eyes and sighed in irritation before speaking, "Again, Miss Shin, that's not possible. Mr. Park is really busy, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to talk to you at the moment. On second thought, I don't think he wants to talk to you ever, so please do us both a favor and just go home."

Eunbyul, to be honest, was utterly boiling to the core, but instead of overly portraying her anger, she decided to flash her perfect acting skills instead, knowing that people falls for her acts most of the time. She wasn't a world-renowned actress for nothing, after all.

"Please, miss," she said, a drop of tear pouring down from her eye as she gulped audibly. "I just, I really miss him. I haven't seen him in a long time. P-Please," she said, her tone of voice pleading.

"Not gonna happen, Ma'am. You can't expect me to believe your fake act, now don't you?" Hana scoffed as she spoke. "Your expression was practically hard a few seconds ago, then you went to a freaking dramatic actress later. You can't expect me to fall for that. I know better, Miss Shin." Eunbyul's expression then morped into a stupified one, a sudden change that gave Hana an urge to applaud the latter for her talent -- sarcasm intended.

"Oh," was the only answer that Eunbyul spew before she opened to retort again, to which was cut off by a boomi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter