Winter's message.

The awakening of a miracle (and something else).

He was never a normal neither energetic guy like the others. Lee Sungyeol always had one strong particularity impregnating every little inch of his own being, running trough his veins and solidifying his personality since he's way too young to remember: his innocence. Starting from the curious look, ready to learn anything and help the others without making any difference between them, going right to the mannerisms and his almost childish way of not holding any ideas of how to go on with physical contact. Many, many years have passed and despite of now having a better vision of the world functions, he still is fascinated by small things; little things, like a butterfly coming from nowhere and relaxing on the top of his pointing finger is enough to make his entire vision of the world change for some precious minutes. 

From the minimum, the greatest things are achieved, from the bottom we can fight for our goals until we're finally recognized as the number one. For a wizard, having a pure and righteous heart can make some miracles to your own magic - you can actually become a powerful person if you're honest from inside out. In the other hand, imagine that your beating muscle is touched by darkness, imagine yourself being distorced of your own morals and lack of love; that's the kind of thing responsible for making you powerful too. Life is ironic, life is sadistic and full of surprises, so having two counterpoints like light and darkness happens to be only one of the thousands jokes destiny throws on your face. 

If a wizard's heart is torn apart, it becomes different. It becomes dark, we're talking about dark magic, that one running through your veins and taking everything from you, tearing your soul, taking over your mind. It was the dark magic the responsible for rising The Dark Lord, many, many years ago. Since then, the Wizard World was fully aware of what they'd have to do. Their goal was the peace, and peace they shall have, since apparently no one was trying to raise hell again. It's depressing, however, the amount of people living in those shadows; shadows of an awful time, they were all full of scars, full of hopes. Destroyed hopes. Distant dreams. Even ten years later, the society is drowning in fear and there is no such a thing as a sear capable of predicting the time they'll be one again. 

But not exclusively of sorrow this new time is living, because they have here and there, people allowed to make good. To be good, as good as necessary, as good as they want to be. And Sungyeol is one of them, one of a kind. In fragile people like the gryffindor with such delicate features, it's found the purest magic form: the one who rises from love. Said Godric's student took a long time to understand that his desire of becoming a capable healer was born of his insane desire about helping people, to heal some from inside out, take them from every kind of disease (the physical and the mental ones). However, the awakening of hiw true gift started when he realized the subtle warming of his own hands, and a little late the same boy realized that he could actually calm down his friends by touching them and letting the warmth from his own body flows right to his delicate fingers.

Soon enough, curiosity took the best of him, fitting as a perfect reason to study more, and more, and more. To stay until the library shuts down, until his eyes cannot stand anymore. Sungyeol's chest was full of doubts that only books could answer him; well, at least this is what he thought. It was currently in one of those moments studying that he found something about a magician capable of cure the others using nothing but bare hands. Energy manipulation.

There was a time when big societys had a pure-healer pretty well protected for their own safety; war times always made them feel tremendous insecure. In the stories absorved by curious and happy chocolate eyes, Sungyeol learned about times of doom and despair. It was necessary some effort, a good heart and most importantly: a real necessity for the first energy switch between a pure-healer and its pacient. The raven could be seen reading old books about the subject the whole time, even the spare one. That, of course, was the reason of some misunderstoods between his friends.

"What is wrong with Sungyeol?! We have a quidditch match next week and the only thing he's doing is walk the whole ing castle with some stupid book. And I didn't even know he could actually read! I bet it's ing and the er is running away for jer-..." Hoya, the Gryffindor's captain was one fire. Sungyeol was a brilliant chaser, but his head was two thousand miles from the pratice, and Howon would never let this go. Ever.

"Could you please, lower your voice? Or I'll be the one snapping your head off, so you won't be able to about Sungyeol anymore." Sunggyu replied with no amusement in his voice, he couldn't care less about the sport anyway. 

"Oh, Gyu... But we all know that yes, your head is hurting. But not because of our tests, right? You both stop talking about my friend right now, or tonight I'll make our hyung right here scream until Ravenclaw's tower can listen everything we're doing." Woohyun told without move an inch, felling like it was time to protect his self-proclaimed partner in crime; and at the same time, harassing Sunggyu would never never lose the fun. 

"C'mon, like you both have some decency. I'll cut your little-Woohyunnie off if I hear any noises tonight. We have a ing match next week, so you better learn how to use Silencio with proeficiency." He glared the couple one last time before giving them some privacy.

Woohyun knew the reason why his friend was out, just like Sungjong too. Not like they had any clue about Sungyeol's research, but the later told one or two things for them. The first one, Woohyun, came to his life back at Hogwart's Express, where the older realized that he had to take care of his dongsaeng. There wasn't exactly lots of koreans walking over Hogwarts, and Sungyeol had this aura. Like he needs someone to take care of him; few days later, however, he realized that Sungyeol's bodyguard position was already fullfilled by some raven Slytherin with such a sharp look and even sharper jawline. So they settled as partners in crime, which was so much more fun. But talking about friends... Well, the Slytherin boy was the reason behind Sungyeol making secret about everything. His name was Kim Myungsoo, and him and Sungyeol shared a lifetime bond. The first time Sungyeol met him, they were attending a party of theirs parents, a long time ago. Sungyeol was eight and Myungsoo seven, even thought Myungsoo was way more mature  or creepy, by the younger perspective. Creep or not, being all quiet and shy or not, Sungyeol managed his place righ into Myungsoo's heart. They set up a beautiful, natural, a friendship to anyone question. 

They're like fire and water, light and dark; one coming for the other. One accomplishing the other, taking his best to give them right the same. Myungsoo would always gravitate around his bestfriend, his protective and most loyal shadow. Myungsoo family did not believe in God, despite his mother being a halfblood, just like they didn't care about Merlin too; but the slytherin started believing in some kind of God the moment Sungyeol stepped in his life. In the company of silence, he would even thank Mordred for his friend. And that's exactly why Sungyeol would never tell anyone about what he thought was happening before he could tell Myungsoo. And he'd only tell the younger once he was sure. He had to be sure.

And living in this world with so many great wizards, how in the four founders name could he, Lee Sungyeol, be special? That's not likely.

But the anwser to this particularly question finally came to his hands. The sun was already blessed with colors of sweet orange and the snow was falling slowly, like thin cold flakes burning his extremely pale complexion everytime it fell directly against his skin. But he didn't care, too absorved reading some notes about potions; not that he actually liked the subject, but Myungsoo loved it to the bones. So as a good friend, he always tried to improve. He wasn't trying to learn it for himself. And if it he was supposed to be really sincere with the facts, he'd softly say that he was not trying to understand the subject on behalf of anyone. Anyone but him. The one with a strong name and just a little shorter than himself. For him only, Sungyeol lost track of the time, barely noticing the sky going to a gray watercolor. Time was passing and he didn't even flinch, not until he hears a a noise coming from the trees right in front of his vision emerged from nothing. He looked up, the book being forgotten by the sight of a now fallen owl. When he approached it better, Sungyeol noticed that the poor fragile animal had broken one of its wings, white fluffy moving up and down without actually moving on. 

Possibly that said owl was clumsy and hit some tree, he didn't know, something could have attacked it (some creature of the forest, of course). The pureblood tried to approach, and the minute where the owl finnaly calmed down, he decided to touch the wound in order to understand what was going on so he could help the poor animal with his wand. Turns out he did not need any tools. At some point he couldn't know if it was set up after feeling honestly penalized by the animal of even after his fingers touched the broken area, the boy's skin started feeling warm and warm, and then warmer and warmer. But instead of freaking out, he was totally frozen. Nothing made him go away, neither that burning instant where he thought his own hands were on fire; he remained motionless, concentrating on figuring out what the heck was going on with his body and the apparent calm animal on his control.

The time he took was exactly twelve seconds where he nocited the wound healing slowly, taking time. Making time. Twelve seconds where Sungyeol witnessed a miracled right in front of his fixed iris. Suddenly, the owl moved a little, the wing making a weird moviment before flying right to his shoulders. He inhaled the air on his lungs, turning wet his lower lip wit the tip of his tongue, unable to exclaim anything. Absolutely nothing. The korean descendant was thrileed, stupefied, out of himself. 

The owl seemed to recognize his savior and stayed still on his shoulders, making itself comfortable as if nothing had happened. He blinked once, twice, three times exactly before running out the trance - but the thing is that he actually runned out of his trance. He left behind his book, after all, who whould be thinking about Potions after that? 

He ran, rand and ran again. Ignoring anyone who called for him, he ran because he had to. His feet were floating without even processing right where he was going, because his heart knew the path: the path of Slytherin dungeons was too far away to do it in slow steps. Sungyeol didn't even noticed when his lips burst out crying out loud for his best friend. "Myungie, Myungie, Myungie" was everything that he could manage to say. As a luck strike - or fate, perhaps - Myungsoo saw him coming, carrying a slightly dismayed expression indicating that he'd heard all those screamings from far away. 

"Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo!" He called one last time, using his high and desperate tone. The owl was still above him, but now making itself comfortable on top of his head. The whole scene was somewhat comical, or whatever.

"What is wrong with you?" The slytherin replied quietly, trying to be polited but sounding quite rude.

"Myungsoo." 

"That's my name." Disdain, oh, the disdain.

"I know! But I'm not here to talk about your... Your name! That's not important. Not at all." Sungyeol tried again, now taking him by the wrist.

"Good, because I'm not suffering from some identity crisis. And I'm not deaf, so could you stop yelling? And what's with the owl? What are you doing he-..."

But neither Sungyeol of the owl bothered to be polite, so the taller didn't let him finish the sentence, pulling Myungsoo by the sleeves to out of the castle; guiding him outside the walls and back to where he was before. he said nothing, absolutely ignoring all the grumpy ways of his childhood friend until they reached the previous location. He didn't even notice the lack of a scarf in Myungsoo, which was something not fait, considering the ing-freezing cold. It took awhile for Sungyeol to finally calm down, biting his own lips nervously (he was very, very nervous to be honest). He was tugging the fabric of Myungsoo's dark robes, and again he forget the concept of "invading someone's personal space."

"You... You won't believe what happened." He gulped, hard. Everything happened so fast and his heart was beating so, so desesperatly. 

"I can't guess if you don't calm down, Sungyeol." Myungsoo said, but now he tried to sound careful. Affectionate even. 

"O-okay. I'm sorry, it's just..." He stopped, intertwining his fingers with the other while looking for support. "Remember when I said about-..." 

Well, he tried to say. And he would complete his sentence but the crazy- owl flew wildly, and along the way ended up cutting Myungsoo's face. Awesome. 

"Oh my dear Mordred I'm so, so sorry. Oh my noble Morgaine, I'm deeply sorry, come here. Let me see. I'm gonna kill this crazy , oh my Lord what have I said? What have I done?" He mumbled to himself, making a fuss out of nothing. And even thought yes: Myungsoo had screamed. And yes: he had cursed the poor owl, it was really nothing. 

"Shh-shhh, breathe. Yeollie? Could you please breathe? For me?" He said while reaching the other's face, touching him slowly, as if whe was trying to take care of his most precious thing. (And maybe it wasn't far from the truth)

"O-okay." Sungyeol took a deep breath, and then opened his eyes again, his long eyelashes pressing against each other countless times before he could actually face Myungsoo. "I want to try something, please... Don't move." 

Myungsoo blinked a couple of times but choose to wait, this way the older grabbed his chance to level up his hand, touching the superficial wound with the tip of his fingers. He was afraid that it would lead to nothing and he'd be totally awkward in front of Myungsoo, but then... Then it happened again, that feeling. Like someone is setting his body on fire, but now goosebumps took his best. A pale shade of blue raised from his fingers, the slytherin's handsome face. Sungyeol lost his breathe while his own warmth started making effect. He counted until ten, and then it was gone. The wound disappeared like it never happened. They remained silent for long minutes, the winter's message was enough. The snow falling slowly could talk for them. Myungsoo recalled that ne never believed in God. 

Not until now.

If there such a thing as destiny, faith, or something else, that was the reason he met Sungyeol a long time ago. Because Sungyeol was an angel; his angel. His human-talkative-angel. And he wouldn't ever ask for more. 

"Please, say something."

The older voice was tiny, cracked, insecure. And he would do anything to throw all of these things away, so he closed the distance between the bodies by tooking a step forward. Suddenly, all his doubts was set on fire and everything he could see was Sungyeol and his precious gift. From then on he would have to defend the gryffindor from any harm. And for the sake of his heart, he would do it.

"You, Lee Sungyeol... You're the best thing that ever happened to me." He said and regret it the instant the words have fallen from his mouth. 

"Shut up."

"I'm dead serious. And from now on, I solemnly swear that I'll protect you. Because this is huge, Yeol. The kind of thing you'll have to keep like a secret. You're special, my dear friend. I always knew you had something... But now I'm sure, I'm sure that it's up to me to make you feel safe. Even thought you're the healer." When he finished, Sungyeol felt like he couldn't even breath. Again. Damn Myungsoo.

"I always feel safe with you, Myungie." That was his only reply before feeling his own cheeks burning. "Thank you."

"Good. That's good. That's... That's great." And then his lips touched the older's forehead, very, very slowly. Without any malice, without any second thoughts. Because they had all the time in the world to discover what kind of miracles they would still see. 

 


 

 

 

A/N: SOOOOOO, THAT'S IT! :) 

I'd love to thank you anyone who actually took some time to read my one-shot, I'm really, really thankful. That's my first time ever writing about INFINITE and I'd love to hear your opinon, so please, leave some comment if you liked or not, I don't know. English is not my first language, ok? So I'm gonna ask you to be kind so I'll do my best to improve. Myungyeol is my fav otp and I had to write something about them, I actually have a whole UA's on my mind but writing it is sooooo hard, oh my god. I'd like to thanks Isa (my dear friend) who read it and said that she liked, it's already worth, Isa. Thank u so much. And I'd like to give this to my friend @rcknstarks, who I love soooo much and gave me inspiration to make this particularly plot. Bye bye! <3