Chapter 2

Pursuing Happiness

Chapter 2

 

Where the was the girl? And why the hell hadn’t she contacted him yet? It had been already three days since the news about her lawsuit appeared in the news. Just some hours later on that day, the law firm and TH had confirmed the rumors- while the latter added that they were surprised as well and haven’t yet talked with her because they couldn’t get in contact with her.

While DooJoon could give a about the lawsuit, he ing was furious that she had never trusted him about this. He had thought he had been her friend. Apparently, she didn’t think they were. He felt kind of…betrayed.

“I won’t say, I told you so,” JunHyung smirked as he amused bit into an apple as he watched the older boy walking up and down the room angrily.

“ you, man!”

JunHyung just chuckled. “Relax. This is Sol we are talking about. She only knows how to use people and then throw them away,” he commented casually. “Now it was your turn. She is a , you should have seen it long ago.”

DooJoon head snapped in the rappers direction and glared at the boy. “What the did you just say? You ing Ba-” Just when he wanted to jump the guy and punch the stupid smirk away, HyunSeung jumped in between, holding their leader away from the other boy

“Hey, hey, hey. Yah stop it! This will lead nowhere!” He yelled, looking at DooJoon. “Hyung, it is pointless to get angry at JunHyung. This is not his fault but Sol’s,” he said, forcing the boy to sit down on the other side of the room.

Junhyung grinned at the blond boy satisfied, nodding to agree with his words.

“And you,” HyunSeung turned to JunHyung. “Stop provoking him… AND for Pete’s sake stop being an . She is still your sister, hating her or not.”

Yoseob sighed as he watched his friends, who were in a sense his brothers, fight. What was Sol Noona thinking? Why did she need to stay quiet right now? Couldn’t she imagine what a mess she was creating by not telling them about this? Did she trust them this less to think that they would have not stayed at her side and would have not supported her with her decision? To be honest, he was disappointed… and he knew the other Beast members felt the same. Sigh, what a mess…

 

*****

You never deserved to be in SS

 

Attention –seeking traitor

 

Traitor! Go die!

 

Why did you even join the group if you wanted to leave like this, traitor? I pity our OT5 who worked so hard to come this far…they didn’t deserve this…

 

Now that you are famous, you want to earn more money by leaving SS? Can’t believe you were my bias, backstabber. (1)

 

Sol slowly scrolled through her messages, her hands shaking as she read through the endless messages she felt like she received every second. 

“You don’t know anything! How can you judge me this easy when you don’t know everything?” Sol whispered painfully as she read another hate message. How does it feel to betray your sisters for your greed? One tear after another rolled down her face. “How can you?” Her voice shook, dropping her phone, she put her face in her hands and started to cry.

*****

 

“Nae…Nae…Aniyo…Nae, I will. Aniyo, Ommonim. Krae. Annyong,” DooJoon hung up. (2)

Sighing, he ran his fingers through his hair before he tiredly looked over at the guys who were trying to memorize the new song they just received by their manager.

“Sol’s Mom just called,” he simply stated.

He watched how JunHyung tensed while the others turned towards him, curiously. Sometimes, he felt bad for JunHyung. Even though, DooJoon was annoyed at his attitude towards his sister, he could still understand him-all of the Beast members could. They all had firsthand seen how their bandmate and friend had been treated by his family. It was no secret that Sol and JunHyung’s mother didn’t care about her son and solely put her attention on her daughter. Last time, she had called JunHyung, it had been when Sol debuted to tell him to keep their blood-relation a secret; no one should think that Sol got into the entertainment industry through connections. This had been two years ago. Having a mother so indifferent towards you must big time and the fact that he grew up with a father who had been an didn’t help at all.

“What did she say?” GiKwang asked, bringing him back from his thoughts.

“Ehm, ugh, apparently Sol hasn’t said anything to her mother as well. She is completely frantic at the moment since she can't reach her daughter. According to her there are a big crowed full of angry fans and reporters in front of Sol’s house, making it impossible even to visit her.”

“Wow, how irresponsible can the girl get?” JunHyung muttered. Just when DooJoon wanted to open his mouth to defend Sol, he realized that the younger boy was actually right. She was irresponsible towards her family and friends. How could she act like this? So, he stayed quiet.

“I am kind of disappointed of Noona,” Yoseob finally expressed his feelings aloud.

“Actually, me as well,” GiKwang added. “I mean I thought we are friends. That what she is pulling at the moment is so selfish. I wonder if the SS girls have contact to her.”

DongWoon frowned. “I talked to Sunny just yesterday. She said that the lawsuit had been a big surprise for the as well. As it was said in the news, they had no clue that Sol wanted to terminate her contract. They're all in a shock at the moment. The worst thing is that they are about to have their comeback concert in two weeks.”

“Will Sol participate in it? Does she know?” Yoseob asked.

“Sunny guesses that she won’t. TH already makes them go through a new choreography. She said they didn’t get any real sleep in the last days. Understandable, Sol is not their favorite topic at the moment. They are really mad. ”

“Ouch! A new choreography to learn in such a short time? Damn that must ,” GiKwang commented. The others just nodded, feeling bad for the remaining SS members.

“But then again, don’t you think that it is somehow odd that they didn't know about Sol’s plans. I mean they are almost 24/7 around each other. They should know or at least feel that Sol was not happy. I think there is something strange going on which we don’t know about,” Yoseob said, skeptically.

“True, we shouldn’t judge the whole situation so fast. We need to hear Sol’s side first,” HyunSeung added to the whole conversation.

DooJoon sighed loudly. “You know what guys? I will go over to her now and demand answers. If she doesn’t want to come to me, I will go to her!”

JunHyung’s eyes widened. “What? Are you crazy, Hyung? You can’t go over to her while all the fans are around and try to find out what is going on. You and all of us will get pulled into the whole issue. Now way, I will suffer for that girl!”

DooJoon grinned, pulling out some keys, “Who said I will use the front door? These are the keys to her house through the back door.”

JunHyung gave his leader a quizzical look. “She gave you- a guy- the keys to her house?”

“I am not just a guy but her best friend. Of course. She trusts me enough with her keys,” the leader shrugged. “ If you acted like her brother, you would have them as well. Anyway, you guys cover for me for the next hours!”

******

 

Sol woke up with a startle when she heard someone loudly entering her bedroom.  

Instinctively, she jumped up out of her bed and looked around for something to defend herself.

“Relax. It’s me DooJoon,” she heard a familiar voice say.

Surprised, Sol blinked as she rubbed her eyes to get the sleep out of them. “Oppa? Why are you here?” she asked quietly as he walked over to her.

When he was close enough for her to see his face clearly, she paled when she saw a very furious looking Doojoon glaring at her. “Actually, the question should come from me. What the are you doing?”

 

____________________________________________________

(1)I took those comments from the Internet about the recent issue...I just changed them into a message format since those are comments on various sites. 

(2) If I got it right from Kdramas, then friends can also call their friend's mothers 'Ommonim'. 

 

Anyway what do you think? Like it? Hate it? How would you react if your friend would do something like that and not tell you?

 

Comment and subscribe pls to make me happy ^^