Bonne Nuit, Monsieur Choi Kyuhyun

Heaven's Melody

"This is the report from the orphanage in Busan. They will held a musical event two months again. Will you be able to come with me?" Ask Kyuhyun while handed his tablet.

"I don't think so. My mistress in Paris is waiting for me."

"Oh, very funny." Kyuhyun snorts, but with a little smile in his face.

"Hahahaha, come here." Siwon pats his thighs, asking his (almost) five years legal-life partner to sit on his lap; whom, gratefully enough for Siwon, immediately land a peck to his cheek.

The tablet is now neglected in the desk, Siwon's fingers is busier with Kyuhyun's soft skin. "Are you sure you wanna go to Busan? You do know that date is exactly the same date of our fifth anniversary right? I've planed to bring you to Paris, actually."

Kyuhyun didn't immediately answer. He's looking to his spouse's handsome face. Wondering how on earth they could be a partner in life now for their first encounter almost fifteen years back in Father Chung's orphanage didn't went quite well. Only before Kyuhyun went to Philippines for studying that they reach an unspoken agreement to befriend each other.

Their first day as a friend was, unfortunately enough, also the last day in Korea for Kyuhyun before he flied to Philippines. Leave Siwon his new friend in Korea. At that day, Kyuhyun brought Siwon to the orphanage and introduce Siwon to the kids. Not that the kids didn't know who Siwon is, after all Siwon had spent a full week for his social service there. But Kyuhyun wanna make sure that now, Siwon know what to do with the kids. Gratefully, the kids welcome Siwon with open arms.

The next day Kyuhyun goes to airport with Father Chung, some kids from the orphanage, and surprisingly, Siwon. The latter come straight to the airport even earlier than Kyuhyun himself. There's no words exchanged between them for none of the boys know what they have to say. It's only before Kyuhyun step to the gate that Siwon catch him and gives a paper, with his email address written there. 'Mail me sometimes.' Was Siwon said, get replied with a small nod from Kyuhyun.

Yet for Siwon's bad luck, only four months after, that the first email from Kyuhyun come; and he also needs a certain Father Chung to ask Kyuhyun to do so. In a disguise of asking about the kid's whereabout (which actually been asked regularly in every week to Father Chung) Kyuhyun sent the very awaiting email to Siwon. The bad- only need ten minutes to reply and bombarding Kyuhyun with everything. Stories, jokes, questions. And yet for Siwon's bad luck again, Kyuhyun needs a whole month to reply the email. Thus why the second email from Siwon, come only after three months after. Leaving Kyuhyun being the one who waits in uncertainty and misery.

'Why are you taking so long in replying my email?' Was the only reply from Kyuhyun, not more than two minutes after.

'I thought you don't want to talk with me.'

'Why wouldn't I?'

'You need four months to start email me. Then you need another month to give a reply to my reply. What should I think, then?'

Ten minutes, half an hour, one hour, one day, two days, and finally, only one week later that Kyuhyun send the reply. 'If you really thought than I don't want to talk with you, why don't you just confront me like you used to? Why don't you just leave me alone and didn't reply the email three months later?'

'Because I miss you, and I'm afraid that if I wrote the wrong things then maybe you won't talk to me even more.'

'Then so do I, Siwon. I don't know what to write. I don't want to write the wrong things and make you being a bad- towards me again. That's why it takes me so long to write an email to you.'

At that point, they both come to realization that something has blooms inside their hearts. They don't know what's the name, but it certainly warming their previously cold heart and makes them happy. After the realization, their email become friendly and comfortable enough to be kept as a daily activity.

"Hell to heaven." Siwon knock Kyuhyun's forehead softly, bring back the younger from his daydreaming. "Hell to heaven."

"Ya, stop it. Haven't I told you enough that you're not a hell?" Kyuhyun playfully pinch Siwon.

"Thanks to you." And a following peck to Kyuhyun's lips. "So, Paris or Busan?"

"Can't we go both? I mean, I want to meet our parents too." Come the careful reply for Kyuhyun absolutely aware that their relationship with their parents isn't that good anyway. "I miss them four, Wonnie."

Siwon couldn't help but still mesmerized by how wide and kind Kyuhyun's heart is. After all these time, Kyuhyun still so loving and caring to his parent whom stand still in their rejection towards him. Kyuhyun even start to caring towards Siwon's parent long before they got married. Yes, they've legally got married.

When Kyuhyun said he will come back from Philippines in three and half years for the fastest, it turns into almost six years because Kyuhyun really enjoy his life there. He decide to come back when he heard that his mother is sick and been bedrested for more than two weeks, and stay back in Korea after that to take care of his mother, despite the strong refusal from the mother herself and his father.

Siwon, on the other hand, is a worker in his parents company at that moment and the head of the marketing division. His parents still couldn't accept the fact that their only son is a gay but the tension between them have died down because Siwon is no longer a bad- and trouble maker. They have entitled Siwon as the heir of their company, under one circumstances: he should marry a girl.

So when four years after that Siwon propose to Kyuhyun and being accepted, his parents void the title. Thanks to Siwon's strong persuasion, all the supposedly Siwon's future money then being used to built a hospital and an orphanage under Choi's Foundation.

Kyuhyun's parent was also disagree but since they've kick the boy from long time ago, they didn't have any right anymore to control the now young man's life. They could just gave him a cold shoulder when the young man told him about their marriage plan.

They now live as a legal life partner in New York, where they also said the vow of marriage. A place where nobody gonna unjustly judge them by their gay identity. Siwon is a successful stockbroker and Kyuhyun is a famous ballad song-writer. Financially, they are stable and wealth enough. They both also work together in managing the Choi's Foundation, which slyly enough been changed into Cho-i's Foundation by Siwon. In merely three years, the first hospital become bigger and success, which lead them to be able to build the second hospital and orphanage in Busan.

"It's ok. Let's go to Busan first, have a wonderful musical with the kids and then met our parents in Seoul. Who knows they will bless us finally?" Said Siwon with a playful smile, emitting a soft laugh from Kyuhyun. "Then bonne nuit, Monsieur Choi Kyuhyun."

"Hahahaha, why are you like this? Come on, drive me to toys shop. I want to buy some for the kids in the orphanage's at the country side."



 

They might not live happily ever after. But they know that what's matter is they could bring happiness to the people around them. The used to be bad- Siwon now could help the rebel kids out there to find their right way, and the nun-wannabe Kyuhyun with his kind heart could take care of the kids who needs love and less lucky out there.

People may judge them as a soon-to-be hell's resident and no way heaven will accept a gay couple like them. But here, today,this time, they certainly now how is heaven's melody sounds like: in the form of a cute and adorable choir of the kids in Busan orphanage, exactly at their fifth marriage anniversary.



 

*** The End ***



 



 

Have a good day, good people

@dankadaws