2: The Story of Janus

The Story You Never Knew - Jo KwangMin (Boyfriend) Story

2: The Story of Janus

The release of Boyfriend's first album, Janus, has been successful. They have shown a manly side of the members and also taken advantage of having twins by letting them, portray the two faces of Janus. What made people more curious is the girl who appeared in their music video. Starship didn't reveal much but the girl is surely on of their trainees.

During live performances, they received questions about the girl still so to take away the attention, Starship decided to make a Janus 'intro' dance and music on every performances where there is a mysterious angelic voice on the background as Boyfriend members enter the stage before finally playing the official Janus song.

Little did people know the girl behind the voice is the only girl who could master the mysterious mind of Boyfriend's weird citizen, Kwangmin. Because of these improvements, Boyfriend became more and more famous and their schedules became more and more hectic to the point they rarely have time to visit their own families.

"Yeoboseyo..." Youngmin answered his mobile phone early in the morning only to hear their youngest brother, Hyunmin who is also under Starship training with Kwangmin's bestfriend, Ayeka.

"Hyung, Umma is asking if you'll come today or tomorrow instead?" Hyunmin asked his oldest brother.

It's their mother's birthday and every year, Jo twins are clearing their schedule beforehand to assure they are present on that special day. This time, they just arrived from the Philippines and planning to have a rest before traveling back to their province.

Youngmin gestured to Kwangmin who is sitting next to him on the couch. "Umma wanted to know if we can make it tonight or tomorrow instead?"

Kwangmin took the phone from his hyung and turned it on loudpeak. "Dongsaeng, I'm so tired. Tell mother we will leave here tomorrow morning because I will surely die if we travel today. My body is young but I'm old." He sounded exhausted just in case their mother is listening on the other line.

"Okay. I will tell Umma." Hyunmin obediently answered but on the other line, he rolled his eyes, knowing his hyung is just lazy to travel.

"Kamsahabnida." Kwangmin answered while Youngmin covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing hard t Kwangmin's lousy excuse.

"By the way Kwangmin hyung, Ayeka is wearing your favorite pajamas so don't forget to bring another one you can use arasso?" Hyunmin reminded before ending the call.

Kwangmin, hearing this, sat up straight and took the phone closer to mouth. "Wait! Ayeka is already there???"

"Yepperz" answered Hyunmin.

"But I thought she can't come?" He clarified.

Ayeka told him she's too busy and can't make it to their mother's 3 day celebration that is why Kwangmin lost his enthusiasm.

"She said there is a sudden change on her schedule so she will be here for... A week, I reckon." Hyunmin hesitantly answered.

"Seriously...? Or you're just joking?" Kwangmin couldn't believe. As far he knew, Ayeka is playing a minor role on an upcoming drama series. He even told her he won't talk to her anymore if she misses the occasion but she's too happy to get such role she didn't mind his tantrums.

"She's here! I swear!" Their little brother insisted.

"Prove it," replied Kwangmin who is still unconvinced.

"Pika....chuuuuu!" A female voice imitated Pikachu's sound on the other line.

Kwangmin recognized that voice without a doubt. A smile immediately crept on his lips.

"You little liar... You said you won't come..." He childishly tried to sound hurt but his bestfriend knew him very well.

"Whatever," they heard her shouted on the other line.

"Hey, Ayeka we're taking boyfriend members with us tomorrow..behave." Youngmin butted in. Even though they knew Ayeka is close to their family, they haven't actually seen how close she is to Kwangmin that it is really unbelievable.

"Wow!" She could only expressed.

"See you soon! Jalgayo!" She added and her fadingfootsteps were heard.

"So, hyung, see you tomorrow then?" Hyunmin returned.

"Ahm, I'll be there tonight. Tell Umma but don't tell Ayeka." Kwangmin said and ended the call.

"I thought you're too tired?" Youngmin confusedly asked.

"I'll surprise her. I'll go ahead.. Tell Donghyun hyung. See you tomorrow.." He answered and went straight to his room to get his travel bag which is still unpacked from their previous travel.

 

"So, what's with the sudden change of schedules?" Kwangmin asked while unpacking his things from his travel bag to his bed. He reached home at night time and Ayeka helped her with his stuffs.

"Oh..that?... You told me you won't talk to me if I miss Umma's celebration, right?" She reminded him without looking at his eyes. She pretended to be busy folding his clothes before putting it back to his cabinet. They are sitting on opposite sode of Kwangmin's bed so it's easy for him to see Ayeka's facial expression.

"C'mon... Since when did my best friend learn to keep secrets from me?" He pouted childishly matched with puppy eyes.

Ayeka looked back at Kwangmin but didn't speak for a while. She just stare at him with blank expression, her mind fighting to tell or not to tell him the reason. In the end she decided to lighten the mood first before revealing the frustrating truth.

"Since my best friend learned to keep secrets from me." She answered simply and smiled mischievously at him.

Kwangmin knitted his brows in confusion. "I never keep secrets from you..."

"Yeah right.." She rolled her eyes and took another shirt to fold.

"Like when did I keep a secret from you?" He dared, sounding so sure she can't mention any.

"Like, there is a particular girl you like in one of the girl idol groups... I've watched that Hello Baby episode you know... They just didn't reveal the name but all boyfriend members knew already... How come you didn't tell me? You're soooo unfair!" She started her tantrums and playfully throw a sock on Kwangmin.

"What? It's nothing! They just assumed...I-I never mention any girl I like to anyone... Don't mind that, really." He said in between laughs which made Ayeka unconvinced. She just shook her head slowly as she looked down to fold another shirt.

"I'm serious... You know all my crushes." He insisted. "I'm not being unfair..." He added.

"Nah.. You're still unfair. Remember that time I'm supposed to have my first boyfriend but you messed around? Even if I know you don't like him for me I still told you because you're my bestfriend... And what did you do? Just when he proposed and I wanted to accept him you showed up on our date and told him we're dating since God knows when...that we're just in a bad fight so I sort of used him as a fling? You made me look like a bad playgirl! Just because you don't approve of the guy I like..." She tried to sound hurt but it was really in the past now. She'd proven Kwangmin's right. After a week she found out the guy is already engaged to someone.

"Argh... C'mon just tell me what really happened to your schedule!" He impatiently said. He knew she's just playing around, delaying things she wanted to say.

Ayeka still couldn't find the right words to start with so she tried changing the topic. Quickly searching around she found something that would distract him from the real topic.

"Oh, you brought this overseas? Hahahaha!" She snatched a neon pink underwear from Kwangmin's bag. It's her gift to him last year when their theme is 'being naughty'. They had a habit of setting something like a theme for the event or occasion when buying gifts for each other... First time they did that is when they have the 'anime theme' and both ended up buying a large pikachu stuffed toy that they are keeping on their rooms as huggables.

"Why, it's comfortable to wear, I like it very much!" Kwangmin took it but Ayeka is quick enough to snatch it back. Things like these is normal to them. They are that close to the point even awkward things seems usual to them.

"Give it back!" Kwangmin jumped forward but Ayeka moved out of the bed and ran up near the door.

"Throw this away! I will buy you a decent one. I didn't know you would actually use this!" She started laughing again.

"Okay fine... You wanna play? I won't give you that keychain you asked me to buy from the Philippines!" He warned and smiled naughtily at his bestfriend who stopped and thought for a while before throwing back his underwear, hitting straight on the face.

"Sharp shooter!" He snapped and put the cloth back to his cabinet.

"Now where's the keychain?" She went up to him and lend her hand like a silly little beggar asking for some money.

"It's with Youngmin hyung. They'll be here tomorrow morning." He touched his forehead to convince her he'd forgotten it's not with him.

Ayeka pouted and marched back to the bed, sat like a child with her arms crossed, and eyed Kwangmin sharply.

Kwangmin stared at her for a while. Too much cuteness really challenges his self control. Her beautiful bestfriend plus his bed plus him makes him want to have 'byun party' at the back of his mind. How he wishes he could tell Ayeka that most of the time she's turning him on but she's unaware of it... They may be of the same age but she's too naive to realize such 'worldly' thoughts on her mind. Or maybe, they are too close as friends that she thought it's impossible she could affect him in a way other pretty girls could.

"If you have no plans on telling me, will you just help me with my stuffs so we can finally rest? It's almost midnight. We need to wake up early tomorrow specially you coz you'll help Umma prepare the food." He sighed heavily and started pulling the travel bag away from his bed.

Ayeka composed herself again but didn't Kwangmin. He just stared at him blankly as he walked back and forth, bed to cabinet to bed and back to cabinet, transferring his stuffs. He tried not to face her so she won't notice he's .

"The role I'm supposed to be having.. They said they'd given it to another trainee... Who is a relative of one of the sponsors." She finally said it.

Kwangmin stopped halfway to his cabinet to turn and face Ayeka who slowly looked down as her tears started to fill her eyes with a sad smile.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to cry." She grabbed Kwangmin's pikachu stuffed toy beside the pillows to cover her face. If there is one thing she hates to show her bestfriend, it is her teary eyes.

"But...How could they do that-" He immediately returned to her side.

"CEO agreed.... Said it's not yet time to debut... I know this isn't the first time they gave me false hope but..." She looked up to face Kwangmin and wiped her tears before continuing. "Oh I wanted that role so bad!"

"You will get there...ok... Stop crying. You'll have your own time." He patted her back to comfort her.

Like the other trainees, Ayeka has been patiently waiting to finally debut. She's becoming pressured and worried as days and months go by. What adds to her pressure is the fact that she could witness how Kwangmin becomes more and more popular. Sometimes she's joking that she feels so small seeing how famous he has become while she's still the same girl training at Starship.

"Of course! That's what everybody says..." She said sarcastically then sighed heavily and rested her chin on the stuffed toy she's hugging tightly.

"Just enjoy your training days... Coz when you debut and became famous.... Your life will never be easy... Every move must be flawless... You can't even date!" He complained endlessly to. Make her feel that she's still lucky that she's not yet famous.

"Hey, even if I'm not famous I'm not allowed to date coz you keep on 'date crashing'... So in that sense I won't complain." She seemed to lighten up a bit.

"And you can't have enough sleep... Now these are one of the rare days I can have enough sleep... Please let's have some rest now." He suggested and stretched his arms.

"Okay... You sleep now." She jumped put of his bed and marched towards the door.

"Where are you sleeping by the way?" He suddenly asked.

Ayeka smiled cheerfully at him and pointed upwards. Kwangmin thought for a moment. It's been a while since they last sleep on their favorite bonding spot. The rooftop.

"I miss that." He sincerely said.

"Hyunmin helped me fix the mattress and all." She told him when he stood up and started gathering his pillows.

"Cool that's a relief coz I really want to sleep now. So, shall we?" He motioned to go and so the two of them climbed the stairs leading to rooftop.

They used to sleep on rooftop when the weather is fine and this is one of those times. Why they like it? First, star gazing would make them relaxed... Then millions of ideas would pop up awakening their creative mind... They would start dreaming for their future selves until the topic goes back to their past selves and the things they would like to change and the things they wanna do make a difference in their own lives....they call this habit, soul-refreshment because they would fall asleep inspired and encourage everytime and the next day they would wake up with fresh spirit. For these two weird souls, this habit is a scape from toxic reality specially today that one of them is frustrated.

[=======]

Hey guys, first of all thanks for following my wattpad account, reading my stories and voting.... Please make some noise thru the comments if you're reading this too.... I wanna know your impression on this story.

See yahh on the next update!

PS. You can also find my stories in wattpad: ID is AkoSeaGelai07

Please feel free to follow me on twitter @iGelai07

-Author