V

Oneshots with the bangtan boys

Pairing: MinJung(you) and Taehyung

Relationships: Krystal as bestfriend


 


Your POV

Sometimes I just want to have a friend whom I could talk about books and comics with. All my friends in real life are either into boybands or more boybands. Of course, I have online friends that I could share my thoughts about books with, but Internet friends live like thousand miles away from you and you just, never will have the chance to meet each other.

  I sighed, Krystal was talking about SHINee to me again. Not like I hate them, I really liked their songs but her constantly pestering me about OTPs are definitely not okay. First, she made me watch their videos, as a nice friend, I did. She asked me who is my favorite, and I answered Minho, then she spazzed for a while before saying, "Don't you think Jonghyun is hot too?" I should've just said Jonghyun then.

  Then she even asked me to celebrate with her of SHINee's debut anniversary. I don't even know why I agreed to that. Maybe because she's too cute to resist and she's my one and only bestfriend I could ever have.

  "Your phone wallpaper is a fictional character?" Krystal took a glance at my phone when I unlocked it to check the time. We just finished our class and headed to the cafeteria.

  "Yes. And it's Eren." I answered. You know, from Attack On Titan? Eren Jaeger? Yes, his picture was set as my phone wallpaper.

  "Why? You could've put SHINee instead!" Krystal was about to grab my phone but I locked it in time and put it into my bag.

  "What's wrong about loving a fictional character?" I glared at her before sitting down at a table.

  "They're 2-Dimensional?" Krystal gave me a disgusted look.

  "Geez. Go away." I shifted myself to the side away from her.

  Only if someone understands me. I thought before taking a bite from my sandwich.

  "Minjung," Krystal started, I turned to look at her, munching on the bland sandwich.

  "I know someone that suits your taste in men well." She said.

  "Who?"

  She then pointed to a guy with orange hair and glasses. He was reading a comic while walking. How adorable. Wait, he's reading!

  Krystal is finally right at making choices for me. I was definitely interested in him, he's average built and he looked like he just walked out of a manga with that orange hair. Reminds me of a lion, or maybe a cat?

  "Girl you're finally saying something that interests me. You know him?" I stared at him, slowly finishing up the sandwich.

  "Yeah, my cousin, Kim Taehyung. Interested, huh?" Krystal winked at me. She continued, "Say 'I love SHINee' and I'll do my job well."

  I rolled my eyes at her remark. "I love SHINee." I tried sounding as eager as I can because knowing Krystal, she would make me say it again and again until she's satisfied with my tone when saying it.

  "Not bad," She laughed. Her eyes then wandered around and found Taehyung not far away from where we were sitting. He was holding onto the bread he just bought.

  "Kim Taehyung!" Krystal called out to him, waving her arms in the air. The latter looked up from his book before looking around, and finally he saw us.

  Confused, he walked towards us and reached our table within minutes. "Yeah?" He asked.

  "Come sit with us." Krystal offered with a smile.

  "Sure."

  "Taehyung-ah, say hi to my bestie, Minjung." Krystal said as she held my arm and drew me closer to her.

  He blinked cutely before he saying, "Hi." with a super adorable smile.

  Damn, he is cute. I never find myself admitting anyone cute, nevertheless telling anyone that. I then realized Krystal's eyes on me. No I did not just... Did I? Just say that out loud? Oh my...

  "Erm... Thanks?" He gave a casual smile and ate his bread.

 Thank god I don't sound like a creep or anything. Krystal bit her lip trying to hold back her laughter. "You totally sound like a creep." Krystal whispered to me and I ignored her.

  "Taehyung, you know, she really likes to read manga and she also watches anime." Krystal stated.

  "Really?" Taehyung immediately turned his gaze at me. "I like One Piece and Attack On Titan." He pointed out his favorite.

  "You like Attack On Titan too?" 

  "Yeah, I was reading the latest volume." He said and showed the book he was holding a while ago.

  "It's out already?" I said with shock and surprise mixed in my voice. I held up my hand and took the manga he was holding. Krystal laughed at my expression and once again she was ignored by me.

  "Can I borrow it?" I finally tore my eyes away from the magnificent cover and looked up at him.

  "Sure, after I finished reading it, though." I found him laughing. I nodded in disappointment and handed him back the manga.

  "Anyway," I coughed dryly, trying to keep my cool. "Nice to meet you."

  "My pleasure." He said. "If you really want to read you can come to our shop." Taehyung continued with a convincing smile.

  "Shop? Manga shop?" I questioned.

  "Manga cafe, to be exact. I work there. It's quite near from school though. About 10 minutes of bus trip." He explained.

  I turned my head to look at Krystal with the hope of her going along with me. Krystal shook her head as a response.

  "Sorry, I had to go home earlier today." She said. I felt my mood dropped instantly when she said that.

  "Eh?" I pouted with a frown. Taehyung seemed to notice me sulking, or was it obvious?

  "I can bring you there, we can go together after school." He offered with a chuckle. 

  "Really? Thanks!" I replied with a thankful smile. I really can't wait to read the latest volume, I've been waiting for months.

  "Wait for me at the main gate?" He finished off the last bite of his bread.

  "Sure!" I said with a nod.

---

  The bell finally rang. After greeting the teacher, the students packed their stuffs and headed out the class. I, too, shoved all my stuffs into my bag and then slung it over my shoulder in a quick pace. I bid Krystal goodbye and she winked at me.

  "Good luck." She grinned michievously.

  "I wasn't even planning anything!" I retorted.

  "Yeah, right. Bye!" Krystal then went to another direction.

  I tugged on my bag and walked briskly to the main gate. I spotted the orange haired male instantly, he was leaning against the wall, with a lollipop in his mouth. I reached him within minutes, and greeted him with a friendly wave. It was still awkward between us since we just like, knew each other a few hours ago.

  "Let's go."

  Then, we were waiting for the bus. He offered me a strawberry vanilla lollipop and I took it gratefully before muttering, "Thanks."

  Nothing in my life is more awkward than the situation I'm in right now. We were talking, but since I'm not that kind of a smooth talker, in other words I'm very bad at socializing. In results I only have Krystal as my one and only friend. Taehyung, on the other hand, doesn't seem to find it awkward at all. Maybe that's his personality, I guess. We were sitting next to each other in the bus, and he casually asked me questions about myself here and then.

  Maybe it's just me being awkward. But sooner I felt myself relaxed at his presence. He started talking about his favorite anime One Piece, and started throwing questions about the characters at me. Good thing I know about it a little though. I used to watch it when I was a kid but I stopped watching it. During the traffic, we talked a lot and I was glad to share with him about my many thoughts on books and mangas. 

  In the end, we ended up talking too much and missed our stop. We laughed when we alighted the bus. It took a while to walk to his working place.

  "Here we are." Taehyung said, stopping his track in front of a shop. A decent-looking shop. From the outside it seemed really plain but elegant. The shop's name is Mangakissa. Whereby 'kissa' meant cafe in Japanese.

  "Come on." I realized I was staring too much and snapped out of my thoughts when he said that.

  He pushed the wooden door and we were greeted by the faint scent of books and coffees. We went in and my eyes widened at the nicely-arranged mangas on the shelves. 

  "I have to go change, perhaps you want to walk around?" He turned around and looked at me, then laughed at my awed face.

  "Yeah, go ahead." I nodded and he left. I walked towards the shelf that was closest to where I was standing. My eyes scanned along the mangas, but nothing seemed to catch my attention. With that I went to another shelf and started looking for the Attack On Titan's series.

  My eyes lit up as soon as I found them on the 2nd row of the shelf. I reached out to the latest volume, Volume 14. Other than the 14th volume I also took other mangas I've found interesting by flipping through a little of it.

  I walked away from the shelves and went to one of the tables to settle down. Before that I tried looking for Taehyung but he was nowhere to be seen, I shrugged and started to read the volume 14 of Attack On Titan.

  Later, a shadow fell upon the table where I was sitting and I looked up seeing Taehyung without his glasses, wearing a white dress shirt and jeans along with a black apron. His hair was styled up nicely and he looked so different without his glasses. So.. hot.

  I was pretty sure that I looked dumb with my mouth hanging like I saw a superstar or something.

  He laughed before putting a cup of iced mocha in front of me. "My treat." He said while I just stared at the drink. "Do I look that handsome that you had to stare?" He continued.

  "Wow, thanks. I just thought you looked different without your glasses." I took a sip of the drink he offered and quickly returned my gaze on the manga. 

  "Fine then." He clicked his tongue and pouted before walking away. "Enjoy." then he left.

---

  On the other hand,

  "Yo, Jin hyung." Taehyung greeted the man that was at the counter.

  "Sup Taehyung. Why is your hair all styled up?" Jin questioned after seeing him being unsual.

  "Just trying to impress a girl." Taehyung sighed.

  "Ah... I see, boy you got a crush huh~" Jin wriggled his brows.

  "Shut up, hyung. Not helping, at all." Taehyung said and sat at the counter where he could watch Minjung easily. Jin noticed his fixed gaze and looked from Taehyung's perception.

  "Oh~ Not bad, Taehyungie." Jin laughed when he saw the girl Taehyung was looking at.

  Taehyung gave Jin a glare and shooed him off. "Go away, hyung."

---

  I finally finished reading that volume and it was so sad. Many people died and the main characters were out-witted by the bad guys. I finished up my iced mocha and I felt very bad. My mood was influenced by the manga and I was so absorbed that I couldn't bring myself to be happy.

  Screw the author man. That author just had to kill them. And they die a horrible death. I put the book aside and sighed before burrying my head in my crossed arms on the table. Then I closed my eyes.

  "Minjung?" Someone called out.

  "Is she sleeping?" he muttered. Oh. It's Taehyung. 

  "I'm not." I replied to him.

  "You okay? What's wrong? Was the mocha bad?" He sounded concerned.

  "Yes, I'm fine. It's nothing, I'm just trying to get over something." I said with my face still hidden in my arms.

  "I see." Then I heard him laughing.

  Immediately I removed my arms and lifted my head with a frown. "Why are you laughing?" I saw his smling face, he was sitting across me.

  "Was it because of the manga?" He couldn't hold back his laughter.

  "Yes." I admitted. 

  "So cute." He commented and laughed again.

  "What?" I felt my cheeks flushed when I heard his comment.

  Then, he stopped laughing. "You're interesting." He crossed his arms. And that's when I realized he has changed into his school uniform back.

  "So?"

  "Do you think we could... You know..." He stuttered and scratched one of his cheek with his index finger. He looked flustered.

  "Could?" I asked in curiosity.

  "Let's go on a date." That's what he said.

  My jaw dropped. What? Did I just got asked out? That never happened before. Calm down, me. 

  "Are you sure?" I asked again. "I mean I... We... just met..." I stammered, playing with my fingers nervously.

  "That's why we should go on a date and get to know each other." He explained with confidence.

  He sounded so cocky I just had to retort, "Aren't we on a date already?" I referred to this incident, this hang out at the cafe.

  "Oh." His mouth formed an 'O' shape. "Oh come on~" He smiled cutely. One thing that I couldn't resist, cute stuff. And he, is cute.

  "Fine." I agreed, shaking my head in the process. I smiled.

  "Yes!" He pumped his fist in the air.

  "Where should we go?" He asked with a bubbly grin.

  "What's in your mind?"

  "We should just spend our day watching movies? Or reading mangas?" He offered unsurely.

  "That totally but it's just what I want." I laughed again.

  I felt happy, that I've finally found someone, whom I can talk about my interest endlessly without worrying about their thoughts about me.

  Even though it may seem surreal, but that's what I've always dreamt about. 

 


Author's note:

I wrote this fic for myself lol I don't even know why. But I'm a fan of Attack On Titan and V also likes anime so... I just had to. He's totally my ideal type.

  

 

 

 

Just what is he made of? One second he's like an alien and another second he's just-

Ⓒgifs credit owners via tumblr

Thanks for reading and subscribing!