Singer and Maknae (pt. 2)

Coffee Shop Romance (Hiatus)

Word Count: ~1.9 k

 

 

The two agreed to meet at the bar appended to a fancy restaurant downtown by the name of “Black Sheep”, which would make for a date much less innocent than Chanyeol and Yifan’s.

“Be sure to dress to impress,” Sehun reminded Luhan with a casual wink that sent Luhan’s heart into overdrive. “Although depending on what you wear, I may not be held accountable for my actions,” he teased with a devious grin, earning an elbow in the ribs from his friend. Yifan kept a straight face but Kyungsoo had to cover his mouth with his hand to muffle his snickers. Luhan knew all too well that his friends meant that it was funny that Luhan had found someone almost as promiscuous as he.

“I’ll make sure to wear something appropriate, or perhaps inappropriate,” Luhan replied with a cheeky smile. Jongin’s eyes turned into crescents as he grinned at his fellow model.

“You two are hilariously similar,” Jongin commented. “Sounds like this evening is going to entail some aggressive banging. Sounds almost intriguing,” he mused.

“You’re such a , Innie,” Sehun replied. “You really care that much about my life?”

“No, it’s just that you always tell me anyways. Besides, I said almost. Let’s be real, I don’t actually care.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get a very extensive and detailed report of our night together,” Sehun assured his friend, who rolled his eyes in mock exasperation.

Kyungsoo snickered quietly, much to the chagrin of Luhan. “Would you just stop? It’s not that funny!” Luhan complained.

“It kind of is, though,” Yifan commented unhelpfully.

“Don’t you two have things to do aside from pestering me here?  You still have time before your shift ends,” he grumbled. As if on cue, the bell at the front of the café rang and in stepped the maroon-haired boy Kyungsoo always got flustered around. Luhan craned his neck to see whom it was and the triumphant smirk that spread across his face was unmistakable.  “That, and someone’s here to see you,” he added under his breath triumphantly. The short Korean didn’t need to turn around to know whom it was at the front and he flushed bright red before scampering off. As much as Yifan wanted to stay and tease Luhan, he decided to leave the boy alone, for once. The doe-eyed boy puffed his cheeks out and scowled at his friends’ backs as they left.

“Then I’ll meet you at seven,” Luhan finished with an almost bashful smile that Yifan and Kyungsoo would have for to no end.

 

--

 

Dressed up, Luhan realised why Sehun was a model. Usually he and his friend came to the café wearing street clothes, which admittedly weren’t bad alone. Now as Luhan looked at Sehun wearing a grey vest over a black shirt and looking like something out of a mafia movie, he could not help but gasp.

“Well you don’t look too bad yourself,” Sehun replied with a smirk. Luhan could only reply with a furious blush, creating a colour to match his red tie. The black collared shirt only made the colour of his face stand out more. “No need to be nervous,” Sehun chuckled. “I’m not saying that this cute and bashful Luhan isn’t a turn on, but what happened to my confident Luhan?” he teased.

“Kyungsoo would say that I got lost in your eyes,” Luhan replied before he could stop himself, eliciting another chuckle from his date. “I think at this point I would have to be actively trying to make myself look stupider than this,” Luhan resigned.

“That’s okay, you’re cute like this.” Sehun’s eyes shrank to crescents, making Luhan puff out his cheeks. Sehun snuck a quick kiss before heading into the restaurant nonchalantly. Luhan followed with cheeks madly red.

When the hostess saw the pair, her jaw dropped. It was like something out of a magazine, of course Sehun actually was someone out of a magazine. After a momentary pause she grabbed menus and led them to a table.

 

--

 

“So tell me about yourself,” Sehun began with a cheeky smile, leaning easily on one hand while his elbow rested on the table.

“I’m a music and linguistics double major at the university down the way from the café. I like playing soccer, singing, and dancing,” Luhan replied with a sheepish grin.

“Really? I love dancing too,” Sehun commented.

“I thought you were only a model,” Luhan replied before he could stop himself. “But it isn’t like I was paying attention that closely,” he tried to amend, to no avail. “And it’s not like I’ve paid particular attention to the fact that you and your friend usually get green tea lattes and low-fat pastries,” he rambled, digging himself a figurative grave. All he wanted now was to be able to jump in that hole and never come out again. Yifan and Kyungsoo would die if they heard him like this and that only made his cheeks heat up.

Sehun’s eyes shrunk to crescents as he watched Luhan flail cutely. He was tempted to just lean across the table, tilt Luhan’s chin up, and kiss him on the lips. But, alas, he decided that would be much too forward, at least for in a restaurant. Perhaps later in the evening, he would try something like that, or something even more forward. For now, he would just place his hand on the other’s. “Don’t worry so much about this date, I don’t bite,” Sehun hummed. “Unless you want me to,” he added deviously. As an added reassurance, he squeezed Luhan’s hand.

Luhan took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. “So what about you?“

“What about me?” Sehun replied playfully.

“Well you already said that you like to dance, but what are your other hobbies? What do you do outside of modelling? What things do you like and dislike?” Luhan urged with newfound courage.

Sehun tapped his chin with a false air of thoughtfulness. “In my free time I dance and hang out with Jongin. We’ve been friends since we were really young. He likes playing video games despite the fact I’m rubbish at them. Sometimes I think that he just likes winning.” Sehun made a pinched face and Luhan giggled behind his hand. “Things I like? I like bubble tea, cats, and Luhan.” This made Luhan’s cheeks flare up once again. This kid knew exactly what to say to make him turn redder than a tomato. It was almost infuriating to Luhan but not quite because for some reason, the doe-eyed boy thought that Sehun looked cute with that devious glint in his eyes.

“You're so mean,” Luhan whined. “Did you invite me out just to tease me like this? I can get that sort of thing from Yifan and Kyungsoo,” he joked.

“Nope, I invited you out for something else, something that you can't get from those two, something much more fun.” Sehun unconsciously his lips, drawing a deep blush to Luhan’s cheeks. He thought that he might pass out from over blushing. “But we’ll save that for when we go back to my place.”

 

--

 

“Then what did you guys do?” Kyungsoo asked with child-like excitement from his perch on the counter in the kitchen, swinging his legs cutely.

“We went back to Sehun’s flat and had a few glasses of alcohol.” Luhan’s description of these things made him out to be a lot cooler than reality. He left out all of the flustered stuttering and blushing. “He really can’t hold his liquor and was tipsy by glass two.”

“I hope you didn’t steal all of his alcohol just to get tipsy. I know how you can hold your liquor,” Yifan chided.

“I warned him about it so I bought the alcohol before we went back to his flat. Worry not, I did not just pinch it all and drink it myself. But god, I didn’t realise how much I could drink. I got through a bottle and a half before we finally got to the point where we did the naughty. It was really good, but I will probably not be sitting down comfortably for a while,” he winced just thinking about trying to sit down in the near future.

“Was it worth it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Oh definitely. Next time we’re going to do it a lot harder.” The devious smile Luhan gave his friends sent shivers up their spines. “But with less alcohol because Sehun woke up with a serious hangover this morning.”

“How the hell does your liver survive this?” Yifan mused more than asked.

“I was just blessed with the ability to out drink everyone in the world,” Luhan replied with an air of superiority. “I can collect dirt on all of the dumb stuff you guys do when inebriated.”

“I don’t do dumb stuff when I’m drunk!” Kyungsoo protested.

“Oh no? I remember a time when someone who shall not be named got up on a table and sang and danced to Abracadabra,” Yifan put in unhelpfully. Kyungsoo blushed furiously.

“Well you’ve done dumb stuff too! Like that time when you drew all over all the napkins in the restaurant and called yourself Picasso.” Luhan laughed outright. And Yifan sighed in exasperation.

 

“And that's why you shouldn’t drink. What have I told you? You can’t hold your liquor for ,” Jongin chided his friend as they walked into the café.

“Quiet down, I’ve got a serious hangover,” Sehun grumbled.

“Get some caffeine in you. I hear it’s good for headaches. Good morning guys!” the tan boy greeted brightly as the three came over to the register to investigate Sehun’s condition. “I heard last night was really fun.” Jongin directed the comment at Luhan with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle.

“Except for this bloody hangover,” Sehun complained.

“If it’s any consolation, Hunnie can’t hold his liquor. Although I heard that you’re pretty good.” Jongin smiled deviously. “And he does some seriously dumb things when he’s really drunk.”

“Did you really need to say that?” Sehun whined. “Why do all of my friends hold their liquor well? Life isn’t fair.”

“Luhan was just imbued with that skill. Unfortunately, he wasn’t gifted with being very bright,” Yifan replied.

“Hey! Rude!” Luhan pouted.

“I think that cute face is curing my hangover all on its own,” Sehun commented, leaning on the counter. Luhan’s cheeks heated up. “And there’s the cute and embarrassed Luhan I love so much.”

“You can be such a sadist sometimes Sehun,” Jongin sighed. “Try to at least feign shame every once in a while.”

 

Just then, their conversation was interrupted by Jongin’s cellular, the ringtone of which was Lucifer by SHINee. “Hello?” The caller said something and Jongin looked puzzled. “Sorry?” The caller probably repeated himself. “I think this guy is speaking Chinese. You guys can translate, right?” Luhan nodded in reply.

“Put it on speaker,” Yifan instructed as there were not customers at the moment.

Hello, this is Yixing. Can you hear me?” the caller repeated in Chinese.

You’re speaking Chinese right now. Switch to Korean because your boyfriend can’t understand you,” Yifan replied in Chinese.

“Oh! I forgot.” Jongin could tell that Yixing was smiling and that his dimple was very prominent and he almost died from the thought of how cute Yixing’s expression probably was.

 

--

Thus ends the escapades of HunHan. Look forward to the next arc, KaiXing!