Twin Towers (Pt. 1)

Coffee Shop Romance (Hiatus)

Word Count: ~1.4 k

 

The phone rang and Yifan counted, 1 ring, 2 rings, 3 rings before the person finally picked up. “Hello?” asked the deep voice at the other end.

“Oh, uhm, hey, I’m that waiter from the coffee shop, the one you left your number for,” Yifan began awkwardly with a snickering Kyungsoo and Luhan crowded around the cellular in hopes of hearing the conversation. The scowling giant tried to fend them off but he only had one free hand.

“Oh hi,” the guy said. “My name is Park Chanyeol,” he stated brightly.

“My name is Yifan,” Yifan replied awkwardly. Luhan tried to poke his friend in the side and get the guy to give the musician his real name but Yifan managed to fend of the agile and pointy fingers.

“That doesn’t sound like a native Korean name,” Chanyeol wondered out loud. “Are you not from Korea?”

“Yeah, I’m actually from Canada but my family is Chinese so I’ve got a Chinese name,” Yifan explained.

“Well your Korean is really good, much better than my friend Yixing’s. You might have met him the other day? He’s the one who ran into that model. He’s a little spacey but a good friend,” Chanyeol conversed. He was doing a much better job at not being awkward than Yifan was.

“The only friends I have are two nosy dorks,” Yifan stated simply, getting two scowls in response. “One is a midget who is good at cooking and the other is a Chinese university student who sings on the side and is great at making funny faces.”

“I’m not that short!” Kyungsoo protested.

“And I don’t make funny faces!” Luhan added. They could hear raucous laughter at the other end of the line.

“What’s so funny?” came an airy voice.

“Nothing Yixing,” Chanyeol responded, holding the phone away from his mouth so that he could converse with his friend.

“It doesn’t seem like nothing. Nothing usually isn’t very funny,” he replied in a cutely clueless way. Yixing got a deep chuckle in response. “Well have fun with your conversation about nothing,” the boy said before presumably wandering away.

“Sorry, he’s my flatmate as well as my duo partner. He’s an excellent cook but sometimes wanders into another room and forgets that things are on the stove.”

“I didn’t ask for these two idiots to be over here with me, they kind of pressured me into calling you. Don’t get me wrong, I was really going to call you, just not with them around.” Actually, Luhan stole my phone and dialled your number before I could stop him, Yifan thought inwardly. And if Luhan hadn’t done it, Kyungsoo would have twisted my arm to breaking point with a satanic grin on his face. It was actually kind of terrifying how much evil was contained within such a tiny vessel. The curly-haired giant chuckled.

“I’m glad you called me,” the deep voice said.

“How could I not? I really like you.” Yifan internally slapped himself. His words sent Luhan into a fit of giggles. The scowling giant turned to Luhan and mouthed the words, ‘you giggle like a teenage girl,’ which elicited a scowl. Yifan smirked victoriously.

“Oh really now,” Chanyeol chuckled.

Yifan coughed in an attempted to hide his embarrassment. “So what did you want to talk about?”

Are you dumb Jiaheng? He wants a date!” Luhan grumbled in Mandarin, still not having forgiven his tall friend.

“Who’s Jiaheng? I thought you were talking to a guy named Yifan,” the airy voice sounded again. Luhan and Yifan’s hearts simultaneously stopped. That’s right, Chanyeol’s flatmate could speak mandarin and they had just assumed that he had left instead of hanging out on the sofa beside Chanyeol and eavesdropping, well more just listening to bits and snippets of the conversation. Kyungsoo was now crying because he was laughing so hard. “Are you really going to ask him out on a date? I thought you liked Yifan, not this Jiaheng guy.”

It was now Chanyeol’s turn to be thoroughly embarrassed. “Oh my god, you found someone with friends just as awkward as we are!” Luhan giggled quietly.

Shut up Luhan, no one asked for your opinion,” Yifan hissed in mandarin.

“Who’s this Luhan person,” the airy voice asked at the other end. Chanyeol wanted to be mad at his friend but the kid had good intentions and he didn’t have a mean bone in his body. It is impossible to be mad at the guy. Instead, Chanyeol just sighed.

“Jiaheng is what I used to be called when I was little and then I changed my name to Yifan. Luhan is one of my acquaintances and he’s really good at making stupid faces,” Yifan replied. “And he’s interested in the really pale model you had lunch with the other day,” he added in mandarin. “What the hell is wrong with you Luhan?!” he exclaimed when his friend punched him in the arm.

“Don’t worry, I think he likes you too,” Yixing said, now in on the conversation. It was only Chanyeol and Kyungsoo who the conversation was lost on as they didn’t speak mandarin.

“Oh, sorry. Don’t worry, we aren’t saying anything bad or particularly relevant,” Yifan said, realising that Chanyeol was still on the other side of the line and it wasn’t just a conversation between him, Luhan, and Yixing. “Uhm, where were we before we were interrupted by this little brat over here?”

“I just wanted to ask you out to get dinner sometime, not at your cafe, of course, that could be potentially awkward. How does barbeque downtown sound?”

“I’d like that very much,” Yifan replied. Even though Chanyeol couldn’t see him, he was smiling all the same.

Kyungsoo was fangirling and mouthing, ‘I ship it so hard.’

‘Yeah, well I ship you and the red-head,’ Yifan mouthed back. Kyungsoo turned bright red and Luhan let loose another manly giggle.

“Is there something going on over there? I think I can hear your friend with the thing for Sehun giggling,” Yixing asked. He never was good with tact but this was an all-time low.

“Wh-what!?” Luhan squeaked. “I-I don’t have a thing for him, I mean, well,” he stuttered. “Why would you say something like that?!” Luhan asked Yixing in Mandarin.

“Was that not public information?”

“No!” Luhan squeaked. Yifan pushed his doe-eyed friend away from the speaker.

“So as I was saying, yeah that sounds great. Want to meet by the downtown train station and we can walk from there?” the Chinese giant asked. “How about we meet at 6:00? Do you want to do this Saturday?” More uncontrollable giggles earned Luhan a hard elbow to the ribs.

“That sounds great! I’ll see you then,” the joyous deep voice replied.

“See you,” Yifan responded before hitting the red “end call” button.

“What exactly are you doing on Saturday?” the doe-eyed boy asked with a cheeky smirk.

“We’re having dinner,” Yifan replied with finality.

“And you aren’t going to go bang afterwards? That’s boring!” Luhan whined.

“This is a first date! I don’t just take people hone with me after one night!”

“But it’s not like you two are total strangers~”

“Shut up. Why don’t you arrange a date with this Sehun kid and you can take him home and bang him until one of you can’t walk.”

“I would never do something so vulgar,” Luhan replied making a fanning motion with one hand. “At least after the first date.”

“Then why do you think that I would?” Luhan shrugged.

“Because he thinks you’re more of a than you are,” Kyungsoo replied simply.

“I’m not a !” Luhan protested.

“You’d bang someone senseless after a second date,” the owl-eyed boy replied simply.

“You can get to know someone very quickly, two dates are enough,” the feminine boy replied.

“Who-ore,” Kyungsoo whispered.

“You’re just jealous because you can’t get laid,” Luhan taunted.

“I can too! I just choose not to.”

“Ri-ight. I believe you,” Luhan replied sardonically.

“Just you wait! I’ll do it!” Kyungsoo promised.

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” Luhan crossed his arms and smirked. Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks out in response. “You too Jiaheng. I’m waiting for when you and this Chanyeol guy get together.”

“Shut up Luhan.”

“You can at least do some heavy snogging in the end of your date.”

“Could you get any less mature?” Yifan groaned.

“Nope~”

“I thought not,” he sighed.

 

A/N: And next we have the KrisYeol date! Don't worry, you will see Luhan getting up to shenanigans but nothing like what was implied in this chapter because Sehunnie is innocent! Hope you liked CluelessXing. BaekSoo and KaiXing will come up in the future as well!