β

The Fire of the Tales

Minho said tomorrow is going to be the welcome ceremony for freshmen students. I asked him if he would be my roommate but he said no, that he will be living 2 floors above me. To clarify something, the dorm building had 10 floors. I pity the ones who live from floor 8 and above. I started to unpack everything. I started from my bathroom cosmetics like my shampoo, conditioner, soap, make up, skin care, and my contacts. I almost filled the whole sink with my stuff. I then unpacked my clothes. My wardrobe almost exploded when I closed it, and I still need to unpack my last suitcase. I guess my clothes will stay there until I can get somewhere else to put them. I looked at the time. 7:47 pm. I got here at 3 pm. I had already made clear where I was sleeping since I placed my stack of books and my reading glasses on the night table beside the bed. Yes, I have reading glasses, don’t judge me. I flopped on my bed and closed my eyes. I live 5 hours away from my house in car. This place is in the middle of nowhere and my roommate is still not here. I wonder how he is though.

There are two dorm buildings, one for girls and one for boys. I imagined this since most of the students were homeschooled… or so I think. Most of them haven’t interacted with people other than their family or even just their parents because… well, some have the appearance of creatures people are afraid of so.

Knock knock

“Who is it?” I mumbled. All I wanted to do was have some rest right now. Who would dare to knock?

“Key?” I heard Minho’s voice form behind the door.

“Yeah, it’s open.” I said a bit louder so he could hear. I heard the door creaking open.

“Uh… it’s dinner time. You should really come since it’s the first day for freshmen.” I heard the door closing and a few footsteps coming my way.

“Wae?” I asked, not opening my eyes.

“Because the staff really want to show off so they cook really delicious food.” He said as he sat down beside my feet on the bed.

“Ok, I’ll be there in a minute.” I said as I opened my eyes and sat down.

“Great!” he said a little bit too excited. “I’ll wait for you in the lobby then.” He got up and walked towards the door. “And” he turned around over his heels. “Wear something nice” he smiled wide and then left.

Wear something nice? Huh, I got a lot of nice clothes but what to wear? I went over to my wardrobe and searched for something nice. After a while I stopped and thought. Why would he want me to wear something nice? Is he up to something? I shook my head and picked out something random. A pair of loose jeans and some random band shirt. I changed and fixed my hair a little, I left my room and headed to the lobby. There was Minho… he seemed kind of excited. He was sitting in a couch and he had his hands clenched over his knees that where together. He was looking everywhere smiling. When he found me, he got up abruptly and ran over to me. I swear I saw a dog tail.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Yeah…” I said confused. He seems off though. He was into an Adonis kind of attitude when we first met, now he looks like a loyal puppy looking for his master. “What are you so excited about?” he stiffened at my question. Ah… so maybe he was looking for the one he liked.

“Nothing” he said a bit too quickly. “Now let’s go, the food will get cold” he smiled nervously and took my wrist. We passed the huge white building with lots of windows and he told me it was the school building. He said that after the welcoming ceremony there would be a week or so for the students to get used to the campus and then school will start. We got to the canteen which was beside the soccer field. It was huge, and when I say huge I mean amusingly big. There were a load of round tables with at least 10 seats. And on the back of the canteen was the buffet bar.

“Minho hyung!” I heard a sort of girly yell. Minho immediately perked up and smiled when he spotted someone.

“Come, Key. I want to introduce you to someone” he took my wrist once again and we walked towards a table with a bunch of girls and two or three guys, I couldn’t really see because of the huge hoard of females.

“Hyung!” A… person ran towards Minho and hugged him tightly. I couldn’t really tell if it was a girl or a boy, he had a really feminine face but his voice was lower than a girl so I guessed he’s a guy.

“Taeminnie~” Minho returned the hug as soon the other wrapped his arms around his neck. “Oh right, Taemin, this is Key” he let go of the boy and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Hi!” Taemin bowed with a smile and shook my hand. “I’m Taemin. Nice nickname by the way.” I just stared at him. I don’t see any different features from a normal human… what is he? I narrowed my eyes and got closer to him. “Um…” he said clearly uncomfortable but I couldn’t stop staring. I think he mouthed a ‘what’s happening?’ to Minho because I heard Minho said “Is everything ok?”

“What are you?” I asked. I took a step away from Taemin but my eyes were still narrowed. I just couldn’t figure out what he is and it bothered me.

“I am- well- not exactly… but-I mean!” he stuttered and looked at Minho seeking for help.

“He’s a combination of a seer and a sprite” Minho said simply. Taemin nodded and pursed his lips. Wow he’s cute. But not the ‘I want to him’ kind of cute, he’s the kind of cute you want to protect from erts and just everyone in general.

“I have never heard of a combination… Is it normal?” I asked confused.

“Not so much. And Taemin isn’t the only mix. There’s 2 other people mixed as well” A girl came up to us. She had scales on the end of her arms and around her neck. She wore dark sunglasses and a cap. “I’m Lizzy” she said. She was pretty but kind of scary. “To save you from asking, I’m one of the Gorgon sisters.” She said, stretching her arm. I looked at her scaled hand and long fingernails and thought whether or not to shake her hand. I decided not to. I just nodded.

“Gorgon sisters?” I frowned. I read on the internet about the gorgon sisters but I thought there were only 3 of them, the ancient ones. You know, Medusa, Stheno and Euryale. There are more?

“Yep, my sisters are right over there.” She pointed at a table with only 2 girls. They were talking and eating. And… they had… snakes for hair. So they are the gorgon sisters. Reincarnation? Whatever it is I must stay away from them, I read they can turn you into stone with only looking in their eyes.

“Don’t worry, Key” I heard Taemin say. “They wear contacts to prevent their power to take effect on other people.”

“And it works?” I looked at Taemin amused. Does that really work? Was that that simple?!

“Yeah, but I lost mine and now I have to wear this horrible sunglasses” She said making a face.

“But we don’t like people calling us ‘The Gorgon Sisters’” she made a horror movie trailer kind of voice and moved her slim fingers randomly. “We like to be called Orange Caramel” she smiled wide and made a peace sign with her right hand. Isn’t that a little too cute? Nothing like their appearances.

“I know right?” Taemin whispered. Wait… he was looking at me but his mouth didn’t move. Was he actually talking to me telepathically? What power is that side from? Sprite or Seer?

“Mixed together they allow me to read your thoughts and communicate with you like this” Taemin smiled. His voice sounded so distant in my mind. “And I know I’m cute” he smirked. This ing brat.

“YAH! Stop doing that!” I yelled at him. He faked surprise and hid behind Minho.

“What? Key! Why the hell are you yelling him for?!” Minho yelled at me. How is it that I’m at fault?!

“Taemin was-” I was caught off by Taemin’s voice in my head.

“He doesn’t know I can read minds and communicate telepathically! Please…” he pleaded. I frowned and made a clicking sound with my mouth. I sighed and looked down.

“Taemin was making weird faces at me and it annoyed me” I finally said. Minho chuckled and looked over his shoulder, giving Taemin the sweetest smile. Does Minho really like this doofus? He’s a spoiled little brat! Oh, but the caring boyfriend doesn’t know his oh so called lover can read minds and acts all cute an innocent. How ing convenient. Oh , I just remembered he can read minds. Oh well.

“Well, Taemin is kind of a master in making weird faces” he laughed. Lizzy was already long gone, I think she got bored of us and left. Oh well.

“Minho-ah!” An interesting low voice called. Minho walked over this handsome looking guy and hugged him. “Long time no see!” he said with a smile that could kill every girl in the canteen.

“Uh… Jinki-ssi… it’s only been 2 months.” Minho tried to hold a laugh and snorted instead.

“Oh really? You know I don’t keep track of time” he smiled and looked at me. I tensed under his gaze. He had a serious, cold gaze. “And…” he said walking over to me. I clenched my fists and felt my cheeks blush. Why the hell am I blushing? What the hell? I didn’t even know I could blush. “Who’s this?” he asked checking me out. Wh-what? I- who the hell does he th-think he is? I pursed my lips.

“Oh, he’s Key! He’s really cool!” Minho said. This oh so called Jinki caressed my arm and smirked right in front of me. This… pabo. I looked to the side and closed my eyes. What is he doing?

“Hyung, stop it! You’re scaring him!” Taemin said in a loud voice. I suddenly felt released. Like I was being trapped between two walls as they squeezed me together and then they just separated from each other abruptly. I relaxed my shoulders and looked at Jinki, still embarrassed.

“Hmm….” Jinki hummed as he tapped his chin with his index finger repeatedly. Oh don’t you hmm me! He smiled and turned to look at Minho and Taemin. “Alright!” he walked to his seat with his arms raised as if in defeat.

“Uh… ok.” I said. This is kind of ed up. I heard Taemin say ‘language…’ in an authority way which annoyed me even more. I glared at him and he just smiled mockingly wide at me.

“Want to get some dinner?” Minho suggested with a warm smile. I nodded and followed him to the buffet bar. As we were walking past groups and groups of people, he told me who they were and what they were liked to be called. Strange really, I couldn’t figure out why they had named themselves.

“That huge thing over there is the hydra” he emphasized the as if it was someone really important. “7 heads. Amazing isn’t it?” he looked at me and his smile faded when he saw my face paling. “Don’t worry, they are really nice guys! Oh yeah, each head has its own personality, which is weird but you get used to it”

“And what are they called?” I asked in a confused tone.

“GOT7, funny name, huh?” Minho simply said as we walked past them and all 7 heads turned to smile at me. Not even at Minho, at me. It felt quite uncomfortable to be honest.

“And over there are the sirens” he pointed with his head and made a disgusted face. He pointed at a table with 9, if I say so myself, really beautiful girls laughing and talking.

“What’s with your face? You dislike them that much?” I asked snorting. So Minho could hate on people. Interesting.

“They aren’t the nicest people. They like to hang out with themselves only” he stuck out his tongue and shook his head. “Oh and they liked to be called So Nyeo Shi Dae or SNSD or Girls’ Generation” he used 3 fingers to point out each name. One of them turned to look at us and I smiled and waved. She snorted mockingly and checked me out before turning to talk again with her friends. Rude much? What’s her problem?

“And here we have the satyrs” he lead me to a table with at least 13 guys that, of course, had goat legs and horns. Actually, only 10 of them had horns. Maybe the other 3 were too young? “What’s up Kyuhyun hyung?” he hugged a guy with a small face. The small faced satyr happily greeted Minho.

“What’d you been up to Minho?” Kyuhyun patted Minho’s back as he smiled.

“Oh nothing important. But I met this guy” he looked at me and walked towards me to place his arm around my shoulders. “SuJu, this is Key” I awkwardly smiled and waved at them. I then looked at Minho frowning.

“SuJu?” I asked.

“Yeah, oh right. Key these are Super Junior” he pointed at all 13 satyrs and they happily waved at me. “They’re really nice guys, you’ll get to know them better later. Let’s go get that food” he pulled me by my wrist and we got to the buffet bar and he suggested me about what to eat and what not eat, when to eat it and how to eat it.

What the hell is up with all these rules and oh so called tips? This place is crazy. I headed towards the table where Taemin and Jinki were seated, Minho stayed at the buffet bar picking ice cream and said he would catch up with me. Someone bumped into me and made my pudding fall and splash across the floor. I looked at the guy annoyed.

No one messes with my pudding.

“Um, excuse you. Look were you’re going, douchepants” I placed a hand in my hips and tried to balance the tray with the other hand. He turned to glare at me and got right in front of me. Our noses were barely touching. I raised my head in a superior manner and glared at him.

“Oh, sorry. Did I make the huge baby angry? What are you going to do? Tickle me until I’m out of breath?” he snorted and was about to turn and walk away but I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. My fangs grew twice their size. My ears were also starting to appear and my eyes turned a yellowish green, my pupil distorted into a fine line. This often happens when I get mad. When I’m surprised, my ears appear and disappear quickly.

“Don’t call me a huge baby, you stupid—” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and let go of this failed human experiment. “I could eat a whole bowl of alphabet soup and crap out a better comeback than what you just said” I spat out and looked at him defiantly. He glared at me one last time and then walked away.

“Jesus, what happened?” Minho was standing there looking at the floor horrified. I looked down and realized I dropped my tray. Oh no, what am I going to eat now? That ing . Minho sighed. “Ok, don’t worry. We can um, share? Or Jinki could lend you some money if you want. He won’t agree so easily though since he buys Taemin’s lunch everyday so…” he kept talking and I just stared blankly at the spot where my pudding was splattered.

“I really wanted that pudding” I pouted, looking at it sad. Minho stopped talking and looked at me then looked at the pudding then back at me.

“You can grab mine if you want” He said and placed the glorious pudding container in front of my nose. My eyes grew and grabbed the container absentmindedly. Minho stared at me smiling while I looked at the container dazed. “You just love pudding, don’t you?”

“Oh, my God. It’s better than life” I looked at him dead serious and he laughed. We walked back to the table and Taemin looked kind of confused as to why I only have a pudding and Minho said “He kind of met Kris hyung” he scratched the back of his head and made a face. Taemin made a huge O with his mouth and continued eating.

This Jinki guy was staring at me and I stuck my tongue out at him with pudding still in it. He just laughed it off and ate a bite of whatever he was eating then stare back at me. He was sure annoying.

“What? Do I have something in my face?” I said to Jinki as I was pissed off at him staring at me. He just smirked and looked down.

“I’ll have my leave now” He said as he rose from his seat and took his tray. Taemin “awwed” sad and pouted at Jinki. Minho seemed kind of annoyed though. I chuckled at Minho and he suddenly blushed.

“What’s up with that guy anyway?” I said when Jinki was nowhere to be seen.

“Oh, he’s just lonely. He tries his vampiric seducing tricks on everyone he meets” Minho said nonchalantly. I frowned and then cocked an eyebrow. So that’s what he was doing to me earlier. Wow, he needs to try something else if he wants to be in a serious relationship.

I got back to the dorm room, still no signs of my roommate. Will he get in the morning? Oh Jesus, I don’t know anymore. No, let me rephrase that. I don’t care anymore, I just want to sleep. I brushed my teeth and changed into my pajamas, which just consisted of sweat pants and an oversized shirt. I got cozy in my bed and turned the lamp off. I really need to rest now, school will start in less than a week and I couldn’t be more thrilled. That was sarcasm, by the way. Thanks for noticing. 


Hai :B

Sorry it took so long T^T 

But it is quite the long chapter, huh? 

Ok, serious business now. I have decided an uploading schedule and it's titled "The uploading schedule that will not promise a chapter in that exact time but will assure you that after 2 or 3 days of that date I will be uploading a chapter" YAY!

Uh, yeah. So my uploading schedule will be the last day of every month (or later bc u know, writers block or something will come up)

So, my mom kind of opened this summer thing and I was forced to help because I am lazy mother er and she wanted me doing stuff so I will try to upload the next chapter in the first week of August :D 

So....

Anyways, I guess that's it and yeah.

You might be thinking "What a stupid , complicating her life by writing two fics at the same time" Sorry, but that way I can write better and more often. I don't know how it works but it works.

whatever

Ok, that's it.... Baiiii :D