α

The Fire of the Tales

Here I am, on my way to the new school my parents signed me in.

Wow, such fun.

Much excite.

No.

Once I knew what I really was, I had an existential crisis.

Why do we live?

Who made the world?

Is there really a meaning in life?

Why is there an animal such as a platypus?

I had all this questions stuck on my head.

I have always been homeschooled. I don’t really get why my parents decided to do this now. It wasn’t the right timing too. I was just getting comfortable with my life as a friendless homeschooled bastard.

Dyed hair, use contacts of different colors on a daily basis, dressed better than girls, handsome… you could say I was a flower boy, but I don’t like that term.

So, you might have thought ‘Oh, what the hell is he then?’. Easy, I’m a shape shifter.

‘A WHAAAAT?!’ A shape shifter, you dumb s.

Ok, a shape shifter is a person who can morph into an animal. There are shape shifters who can morph into a vast variety of animals. But I’m ordinary so I just change into a huge … literally. I morph into a panther. Wow, exciting, no? Well, not so much since I can’t control when and where I’m changing. That’s why I’m going to that hell hole called school. My parents said there are a lot of ‘different’ people, like me. There are mythical creatures, vampires, werewolves, and that kind of shenanigans.

“Do I really have to go?” I said as I kept looking out the car window. It was raining. I love rain, it’s so calming and beautiful. I don’t know it’s amazing. I rested my chin on the palm of my hand and tilted my head a little. Why is this in the middle of the woods? Wait, no mall?!

“Of course, honey.” My mother said. “You’ll make friends that have the same…” she looked at my father looking for help.

“Um… condition?” my father whispered from the driver’s seat. Are they seriously thinking I can’t hear them? I have the hearing of a cat for ’s sake.

“Ah, yes. The same condition as you, my love.” She turned to look at me with a small smile.

“But… why? Can’t I just go to a normal school to live a normal life?!” I said, averting my gaze form the car window and looking at her, annoyed. She sighed lazily. She was obviously tired. I threw a fit last night asking why I would leave such comfortable house. I even cried a little to make it believable. But my mother was too stubborn. Yep, I got the stubbornness from her, I’m sure of it.

“Because, Kibummie-ah” she started saying closing her eyes. She searched for the patience she lost when I was in 5th grade. “You can’t control it and it may be dangerous for you. I don’t want you to get hurt honey.” She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me with bags under her eyes. Ok, maybe I can do this for her… but ONLY for her, alright?

“Ok, mom” I gave her a small smile and returned to my previous position.

Same condition, huh? Would there be a cute guy there too? Oh, maybe I could finally get rid of this ity of mine. Cons of being homeschooled: You can’t bring someone to ‘school’ to with because ‘teachers’ are always there. Well, since I will have a roommate, I guess I can with him, right? Yeah, that’ll do.

-

“Kibummie-ah~” my mother sang from the copilot’s seat. “We’re here sweetheart!” she shook me gently and I groaned. Ah, my neck hurts. I massaged the back of my neck and slowly opened my eyes. I rose from my sleeping position and opened the door.

“Argh” I felt like I had a hangover. Why is it so damn bright anyway? I rubbed my eyes a little and froze in place when I stared at the huge campus in front of me. “Woah…”

“What? What? What do you see?” My father asked, moving around as if he was looking for something. Oh yeah, I forgot they were humans. I ignored him though. The school had a variety of different buildings and huge sport fields and a shiny entrance gate. The gate was a simple gate of a set of bars. Students were already there, wandering, others were hugging each other. They were bizarre though. Some had wings, others had… wait, is that a…? Oh damn, they must be sirens. And… what the hell is that guy doing?

“Kibum!”

“Huh?” I looked at my father dazed and reminded me once again that he was a human, he didn’t see , he just saw an endless set of woods. “Well, there’s a huge white building with a lot of windows there” I pointed at it with my finger. “And a huge track field right over there” I pointed once again in another direction. “And there are quite a lot of people too. It kind of scares me, to be honest” I chuckled.

“Don’t worry honey! You’ll make friends in no time! I’m sure of that!” My mother yelled from the car. She was taking out my light luggage. Uh, let’s just say I brought luggage for a family of 5. I brought 3 suitcases full of clothes and 2 smaller ones for my hair and skin products, my hair dye and my colored contacts. Yah! Don’t look at me like that! I can’t let my babies unused for 2 years! Yes, I’m going to stay at this school for 2 years if not more.

“Don’t carry that! You’re going to break your back!” My father told my mother when he took one of the biggest suitcases.

“No, I’m not!” My mother called back. They looked more like siblings that a married couple. I smiled at the memories of them acting like they were 10. I sighed. I’m going to miss those days.

“Sorry, Kibum” my father called me. “You’re going to have to carry these from now.” He placed the 5 suitcases in front of me and wiped the sweat form his forehead. “God, you’re a guy. Why do you carry so many clothes?” He sighed annoyed and hugged me. “I’m going to miss you, my son” he hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. He rarely showed affection towards me, I love it when he did. He took a step back and looked at me. He then returned to close the trunk. My mother then came to me and hugged me, tighter than my father.

“Leaving my baby like this. I wish I didn’t have to do this.” She looked at me with a sad smile. “But I love you. And love is placing others need before your own” [A/N: that Frozen quote doe] She kissed my cheek and forehead before heading back with my father to the car. They both waved and drove away. I waved back until they were out of sight.

I turned to look once again at my future home. I placed the smaller suitcases on my shoulders and took the other 3 suitcases. Thankfully they had wheels. I walked past the open entrance and continued walking towards the principal’s office. I suddenly stopped.

Where the is the principal’s office? . Should… Should I ask someone?

“Um, excuse me…” I called a rather interesting individual.

“Ah?” He looked at me and then smiled. “You new?” he asked. Do I look like the founder of this place? Of ing course I’m new you dumb .

“Yes… can you please tell me where the principal’s office is?” I asked the most polite way I could.

“Mhm, its right over there” he pointed at a lively colored building. “Second floor, second room to the left” he stared at me and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Thanks!” I looked at him, giving him the best smile I could manage. I noticed him staring. “What are you looking at?” I asked annoyed.

“Obviously you, silly” he chuckled. How you ing dare call me silly?

“Hum… stop it. It’s uncomfortable” I said and walked towards the principal’s office.

“See you later, alligator!” he laughed at his own joke. What a stupid pabo. I asked the security guy on the door if I could leave all my luggage somewhere so I could go talk to the principal’s office. He agreed and I couldn’t be happier. I left them in a conference room that wasn’t being used at the time. I went up, talked to the principal and told me to go to another building where I was supposed to go earlier to know where I’m staying. I groaned and walked all the way to the dorm building, taking my luggage with me. When I entered, there was a load of people laughing, talking and all cramped up in front a bulletin board. I made my way to the bulletin board which stated what room I was going to be in. I looked for my name.

Room 415. I am guessing that is in the 4th floor, right? Jesus. I looked at the elevator which resembled a sardine container, everyone just squeezed tightly. The stairs were the only answer, but carrying 5 suitcases wasn’t an option for me. I went over to the ‘reception’ table and asked for my key. I went over to the stairs. I sighed and tried to carry one of the suitcases. I walked 5 steps before accidentally dropping my suitcase.

“NOO!” I screamed. Thankfully, that guy from before (yeah, the one who stared at me) caught it. He had my other 2 suitcases. I can barely carry 2 small suitcases, how the hell can he carry 3 huge ones?

“Don’t worry” he smiled. “I got your back”. I couldn’t be more grateful that he helped me with my luggage. When we got there, I dropped both suitcases and opened my mouth widely. It was pretty awesome to be honest… it was so spacious and colorful. It was a baby blue with green with a huge window all the way to the back of the room. It had a kitchen, a bathroom, two wardrobes and two beds beside one another. I’ll need to convince my roommate to let me have his wardrobe…

“Ok, here you go!” That guy left my luggage beside a bed and headed back to the door. “My name is Minho. Choi Minho” he bowed and then stretched his arm towards me. “Glad to know you…” he looked at me like he was asking for my name.

“Kim Kibum” I grabbed his hand and shook it.

“Can I call you Key?” He suggested while we let go of each other’s hand.

“Huh? Why?” I asked kind of confused. That was a weird nickname…

“Just because” he said smiling.

“Sooo” I said walking around and fidgeting with my collar. “What are you?” I turned to look at him.

“Um…” he scratched the back of his neck. “I’m a phoenix…” He looked at me.

Ah, this is going to be interesting.


HI!! :D

(not really :b)

So, I'm back with this new AU I kind of came up with... and it's going to be amazing because I already chose mythical creatures for each idol (idol group) and it's just great :B

I am just hopping you all like it ^^ 

That's about it so... until next chapter I guess :DD