Final

Indulging Books to Love

There's a guy sitting on a park bench with a book in his hand. He seemed to be concentrating really hard on what he was reading. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt attracted to guys who love reading books. I assumed he was quite a smart guy, unlike me who doesn't think before doing anything, given the fact that I always get into fights. 

I tried to sit down beside him, thinking that I'll be able to befriend this guy. I took careful actions, avoiding any unnecessary movements that might scare him off. I breathed deeply and put on my best smile. 

"Perfect weather we're having today, huh?" 

He seemed to have been shocked by my sudden actions, but not too much that he would throw his book. He tried to get back to reality as he was fondling with his stuff. 

"Oh! Yeah it's kind of nice day for reading books." I knew he was shy since the way he talked was the same way people would be having when newly meeting people but that never happened to me somehow. "Do you like reading books?"

"Not that much, as long as there are pictures for me to see," I answered and gave him a slight chuckle, "I tried reading some without pictures but they bore me right away."

"Oh they aren't as bad as you think they are, you know? I kind of hate it how people would only read books with pictures but what they actually do is just look at the pictures and not read." 

Those words hit so hard my body stiffened and my eyes widened because of shock. I was exactly a kind of person who would just look at pictures and not actually read the content. 

"I mean why can't they just read and read even if they don't really understand it at first. That's how starters do it. You just keep reading and when you start to feel left out in the book you have no choice but to go back to other pages and read them again." Man this guy's good at pointing things out. "Have you tried that method yet?" 

"Well not yet, but I'd love to," I said realizing that I'm going to like books because if this kid. "I just don't have a good book to read that's all."

"Oh that's no problem at all!" He shouted excitedly and I gave him a puzzled look, "There's a really cool bookstore nearby and we could browse for cool books and don't worry the price isn't that much."

Before I could react and say any other things, he suddenly pulled my hand and started to drag me out of the park to go that bookstore he was talking about. 

"You know it's funny how you're dragging me around without us knowing each other's names," I said chuckling at how this was going way too fast for two random strangers who just met randomly at some random park. 

He stopped his movements and let go of my hand. I can tell he was kind of surprised with what I said. Surely he was still shy, but I know that this guy has some friendly personality and I know that he is a fun type of guy. 

"My name is Kim Taehyung," he introduced himself nervously and tried his best to make eye contact. He is so cute.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, but you could just call me Jin hyung." I smiled at him also remembered that we don't know each other's ages. "How old are you anyway?"

"I'm 20 years old, but people mistaken me for being older." Yeah I can see why. He had this deep voice despite his cute appearance and to think that I'm older than him.

"Looks like you need to call hyung after all," I said smirking at how cute he really was, "Come on we have a bookstore to browse." 

He immediately had his face lit up in no time and started to drag me out to that store he was talking. I saw his face holding a big smile like he had just had his friend for the first time. 

I like this guy. Maybe we could go more than friendship, I thought to myself as I removed his grip from my wrist and held his hand. He didn't mind though. We just continued walking to the store. 

Who would've thought I'd be into books. 

 

--

A/N

Hi there everyone! Well I thought I could use some more stories here in my profile. It was supposed to be a drabble but when I saw the definition of it, it says that the content should have EXACTLY 100 words and as you can see the story has surpassed the required number of words and I made this story using the application in my iTouch named PROMPTS.

For those who are still waiting for Boyfriend Material to be updated, don't worry I haven't forgot about that one. I just felt like posting a story so that I can say that I am still active and still willing to update my latest story. My laptop is still not fixed and that is the reason why I can't seem to update properly. I just wish AFF would already have a nice app for Android or Apple. That would be really nice. Well I hope you enjoyed this one. Bye!