When You Break Rule Number 2

Nice Guys Finish Last

“JongPuppy~ Can you get me another glass of water?”

“Mmm, sure, Noona.”

HeeKyung kissed his cheek before he got up. “Thank you~”

He smiled brightly as he went to get HeeKyung some water. It was board game night at the boys’ apartment. Since Kira had moved out of the girls’ apartment and into the boys’ place, the three girls began hanging out at their place more often, sometimes even sleeping over. HeeKyung and MiHyun had teased Kira for moving into YoungJae’s room, in which she rolled her eyes and angrily claimed it was cheaper than finding another place closer to school and she didn’t need much space anyways. The comment usually followed up with DaeHyun claiming he hears…noises at night coming from YoungJae’s room, which always earns him a nice lump on the head from Kira, who tells him to get his ears checked or she’ll break his face next.

There had been a fight over which board game to play. MiHyun wanted monopoly, but HeeKyung insisted on Settlers of Catan. Had Kira been there, she would have disagreed with both games, but the semester had already started for her, so she was busy in the library, studying for her exam coming up. They eventually settled on Cranium, so they could form teams and everyone could play. The teams were separated with YongGuk and HimChan on the first team, DaeHyun and JongUp on the second team, and MiHyun and HeeKyung on the third team. JunHong, who was still in high school, had homework to finish at home and YoungJae said he had a game scheduled with his gamer friends and holed himself into his room.

As always, winners didn’t have to chip in for pizza.

It was YongGuk and HimChan’s turn when JongUp left to fetch HeeKyung her water.

“Time’s up!” MiHyun called out.

“Aish! It was Lee HyoRi! How did you not get that from my dance?!” HimChan whined in irritation while stomping his feet.

“What were you even dancing to…” YongGuk just shook his head with a sigh as HimChan sat back down next to him.

“Wow, DaeHyun and JongUp are going to win at this rate…” MiHyun looked at the board in awe.

“Yeah, DaeHyun has been really into it today…” HeeKyung commented as she took a sip of her water. “Have you noticed he’s been dressing differently too?”

MiHyun shrugged her shoulder in confusion as she looked over at DaeHyun. He had a strangely menacing look on his face which she wasn’t used to.

After about 10 minutes, they were on a Club Cranium for a Sensosketch.

“Ah! Monkey!” Both DaeHyun and MiHyun yelled out at the same time.

“I said it first!” DaeHyun immediately claim, grabbing the Club Cranium. “Which means we win!”

MiHyun was so shocked by his behavior that she didn’t even bother arguing.

“Yah, DaeHyun! Are you seriously right now?!” HeeKyung growled. JongUp pushed HeeKyung back before the older girl hit DaeHyun.

“It’s just a game, Noona…right, Hyung?” JongUp looked back at DaeHyun, though he uncharacteristically glared at the older boy, showing that he disapproved of his action.

“Yeah, but that also means we don’t have to pay for pizza! Whoo! Treat us well, guys~” cackled DaeHyun.

“How about we watch a movie while waiting for the pizza?” YongGuk suggested, feeling the tension in the room.

YoungJae came out of his room as they started ordering pizza.

“Hyung, we’re ordering pizza. Do you want any?” JongUp asked.

“No thanks, I’m gonna go pick up Kira and we’re gonna go out for dinner,” he informed though his eyes were focused on his phone, texting away before putting on his shoes.

“Ooooh~ are you guys going on a daaaaaaaaate~?” HeeKyung teased with a smirk when YoungJae started to blush. He glared at her before slamming the door behind him. “He’s too easy~”

“What movie do you guys want to watch?” HimChan wondered, bringing them back on the subject.

“Oh! How about the new Shingeki no Kyojin movie that’s out?” MiHyun suggested eagerly. JongUp agreed excitedly as he nodded his head at such a fast pace, the rest were surprised he didn’t get whiplash from the action.

“No way! We’re not gonna watch some anime. Let’s watch an action film!” DaeHyun turned down with a scoff. Again, MiHyun could only be shocked, unable to respond.

JongUp looked bad and forth between DaeHyun and MiHyun, not sure how to pacify the situation.

“Um…Noona…we can watch the movie by ourselves some other time…I’m sure DaeHyun-hyung just means that everyone else might not want to watch the movie,” JongUp suggested with a soft voice.

“It’s alright, MiHyun. I’ll watch it with you next time when DaeHyun isn’t being a ,” HeeKyung agreed with a bright grin, putting her arm over MiHyun’s shoulder. MiHyun smiled with a nod to HeeKyung.

HimChan suggested the comedy, “My Girlfriend Is an Agent,” in which DaeHyun was about to disagree but was silenced by a glare from HimChan. HeeKyung snuggled herself into JongUp’s chest while MiHyun took a seat on the floor as far away from DaeHyun was possible. For the rest of the night, she completely ignored DaeHyun regardless of what he did, so she completely missed the worried glances that DaeHyun kept shooting HimChan.

 

~

 

“Hyung! MiHyun hates me now! I thought you told me this would work!” DaeHyun whined to HimChan, who merely rolled his eyes while he was turned away from DaeHyun. When he turned around, he put his arm around DaeHyun’s neck and hushed him.

“It’s all part of the plan,” HimChan whispered, as if he was keeping it a secret. “Come on. Trust me~ MiHyun loves bad boys. She’ll be all over you in no time. Why don’t you ask her out on a dinner date? Take her to some BBQ.”

“…but that’s really expensive…I don’t know if I can afford it…” DaeHyun worried as he was about to pull out his wallet.

“Just make her pay for it!”

“Hyung!”

“Hey, I know what I’m talking about! Look, girls hate it when you assume they can’t pick up the bill every now and then. We’re in a new era! Chivalry is dead,” HimChan informed with a grin.

“…are you sure?”

“Of course~”

DaeHyun sighed, “…okay…”

Once DaeHyun was gone, HimChan hummed to himself and tapped on his chin with his finger.

“I wonder if I took this prank a little too far…”

“What prank?”

HimChan screamed like a little girl, falling off the chair he was on.

“Noona~! You scared the out of me!” he whined as he got back on the chair. “How did you even get in?”

“The front door was open. Do you guys ever bother locking it? I swear, anyone could just come in here and take all your things if they wanted to…” YeJin scolded with a shake of her head. “Anyways…what prank are you talking about?”

“…what? Prank? You must be hearing things? I said…rank! As in…these models that DaeHyun was talking…about…?” HimChan laughed nervously.

“…Mmmhmm…spill it.”

“I didn’t do anything!”

“Kim HimChan.”

“…Jagiya…where did you get that steak knife from?!”

 

~

 

MiHyun was furious.

She was beyond mad and now absolutely livid.

Her new life goal from that moment on was to murder Jung DaeHyun in the most painfully slow manner possible.

She was going to end him.

Or at least make sure he can’t reproduce.

As she stomped away from the restaurant, she didn’t even bother looking back to see if DaeHyun was following her. First, the decided to order drinks when he knew she couldn’t have any since she was driving. Then, he proceeded to ignore her and complain when she wanted to rant about her horrible day that day. The little er even had the nerve to roll his eyes and told her to stop being dramatic! Finally, when he was the one that invited her out to this particularly EXPENSIVE restaurant, he didn’t even offer to split the check. She didn’t mind paying for meals when they go out together, but she didn’t want to spend that much money on food that week when she hadn’t gotten her paycheck from her job yet!

In a fit of rage, she threw down a couple of bills for the meal and left with a scoff of disgust at DaeHyun. She didn’t want to know how much it was (considering the fatty also ordered a LOT of plates of meat, jerk). She didn’t care anymore. She just wanted to be away from that as soon as possible. MiHyun had no idea where the sweet, silly DaeHyun went, but she wasn’t waiting for him to come back.

She got all excited about him inviting her out to dinner too.

“MiHyun-noona, w-wait! Noona~” The whiny voice sounded almost foreign to her ears. When was the last time he used disgustingly adorable aegyo on her? She wasn’t giving in that easily though.

“Can it! I’ve had it with you, Jung DaeHyun!” she hissed out in anger. “I’m not something you can toy with! Really…I should thank you. If you were going to act like this from the beginning, I wouldn’t have been interested in the first place. So thank you for showing this side of you now so I don’t waste anymore of my time!”

With a huff, she pivoted away to leave.

“Noona, I’m sorry!” he yelled again, grabbing onto her wrist this time. “T-The truth is…the truth is…I really like you, MiHyun-noona! And I’m so sorry about all the times I treated you badly. I was…I was trying to be a bad boy…because I heard you like bad boys…we can play Cranium again…and I’ll let you beat me…we can watch Shingeki…whatever…that anime that you want to watch…I’ll pay you back for dinner…I’ll do whatever you want to make it up to you! Just…just please don’t leave me…MiHyun…noona…”

With a sigh, she turned back around to look at the pathetic-looking boy she’d come to love.

“You’re really hopeless, you know that?”

DaeHyun stared up at her with puppy eyes and pouted, tugging on her sleeve like a puppy that just got rained on, tracked mud all over the house, and realizing it did a bad thing so it’s asking for forgiveness.

“You promise you won’t ever, EVER treat me like that again?”

He nodded vigorously. Again…how they don’t get whiplash baffles me…

Smiling in approval, she hugged him. “That’s my DaeHyunie~”

He hugged back with a warm smile. If he really was a dog, he would be slobbering all over MiHyun giving her wet puppy kisses. But since he’s human, he just left a cute little shy peck on her cheek. With a giggle, MiHyun nuzzled into him, trying to wipe his kiss off.

“Who told you I liked bad boys anyways?”

 

~

 

“HE RUINED MY CAKE!”

“APOLOGIZE.”

“HE DESEERVED IT!”

“APOLOGIZE.”

“DID YOU NOT THINK MIHYUN WOULD GET HURT BY YOUR LITTLE PRANK?! APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW.”

A whine came from HimChan. It was immediately silenced by YeJin’s glare.

“…I’m sorry…” HimChan mumbled. “…at least to MiHyunie…DaeHyun can go a-”

“I’m just amazed that you even listened to him to begin with…why would you think that’s a good idea after you had eaten like…his whole birthday cake for YeJin…” MiHyun shook her head in disbelief at how gullible DaeHyun could be sometimes.

“B-But Hyung said it was okay and that was months ago!” DaeHyun defended with a pout. All he got was a hopeless sigh and a condescending pat on his head.

“So what did we learn today~” MiHyun sang.

DaeHyun smiled, pulling her towards him by her waist and nuzzling his face into her neck, causing her to squeal.

 

 

“Don’t ruin HimChan-hyung’s cake.”

MiHyun smacked him in the arm.

 

=====================================================================

 

DONE.

/throws confetti/

/runs off/

 

~Kira :3