When You Break Rule Number 1

Nice Guys Finish Last

“Ow! That hurt!”

“Well, who told you to carry that huge box by yourself?!”

“You guys were late and I wasn’t getting anything done just waiting around!”

“Aish, seriously, you’re so stubborn! Would you have moved the bed by yourself too if we came any later?”

With a whine from Kira, YoungJae couldn’t help but feel bad for her and kept massaging her shoulders and neck a bit with lighter pressure than before. While YoungJae tended to Kira, the rest of their friends were helping to move more of her stuff into YongGuk’s car. While JongUp and YongGuk were helping move a dresser, HeeKyung was directing them so they didn’t run into any of the corners and opening any doors that were in the way. MiHyun struggled with a couple of the bags (as some of them were much heavier than she thought they were but she became committed to them so she refused to put one or two of them down). Suddenly, the ones she was holding onto with her left hand was snatched, causing her to be unbalanced and tipping over to her much heavier side. A hand grabbed hers to keep her from leaning too far. She looked up to the owner of the thieving hand only to be blinded by a bright smile.

“DaeHyunie~!”

“They looked heavy; I was just helping!” he laughed as she switched some of the bags to her now empty hand so she was balanced again.

“I could have handled it. It wasn’t much further,” she claimed though she was actually glad he took some of them.

“I know, but I wanted to help.”

She chuckled, “Thank you, Hyunie~”

“You’re welcome, Hyunie~” he mimicked.

They heard gagging from the side as they passed by YoungJae and Kira. YoungJae cackled as Kira continued making gagging noises as she stuck her tongue out and made a face at them. At her reaction, YoungJae kissed her cheek, earning him a smack on the head with a threat to end him if he did that again. MiHyun just rolled her eyes and took the bags to the car with DaeHyun in tow. She put the bags next to HeeKyung, who was helping JongUp and YongGuk organize everything so they could fit as much as possible.

“Where’s HimChan?” JiEun wondered as she brought out water for everyone (and wiping YongGuk’s sweat off his forehead with a towel).

“Well, it’s YeJin-noona’s birthday tomorrow, so I think he said he was going to finish with some special surprise for her today,” YongGuk answered, thanking JiEun for the water.

Suddenly, DaeHyun froze, dropping the bag he was handing to JongUp before JongUp got a grip on it.

“Yah! You butthead! Don’t drop my things like that! What if there’s fragile things in there?!” growled Kira as she darted over and was about to punch DaeHyun if MiHyun didn’t push her back.

“It’s Noona’s birthday tomorrow?!” DaeHyun asked as if this was news to him.

“Of course…HimChan-hyung has only been talking about it for a week. Doesn’t anything other than food go into that head of yours?” YoungJae accused with a sigh as he dragged Kira away from murdering DaeHyun.

“Well…but…I mean…” DaeHyun started only to trail off and mutter under his breath.

MiHyun gave him a funny look.

“DaeHyunie? Did you do something bad to HimChanie-oppa?” she wondered since he looked more stressed out than he should have for just not knowing HimChan’s girlfriend’s birthday. It wasn’t like he was required to get her a present or anything.

“N-No…I didn’t!” he insisted while backing away. “…but just in case, I’ll be right back!”

An awkward silence ensued after DaeHyun bolted off. Kira began to cackle as she seemed to have realized what DaeHyun must have done.

“Oh goodness…he didn’t…” she cryptically snorted as YoungJae face palmed seeming to have finally understood what had happen as well. A wave of realization washed through the group as one by one they began to all realize what DaeHyun had done (minus JongUp, but HeeKyung cleared it up for him).

“I’m worried for DaeHyun’s safety,” HeeKyung spoke up after explaining to JongUp what probably happened (to which the puppy just nodded and went back into the house to get more things).

Kira merely scoffed, “He deserves it…whatever ‘it’ is.”

 

~

 

Curses were muttered as a panicked HimChan ran around the kitchen trying to prepare the whipped cream and to check on the cake in the oven. He was going to murder DaeHyun. It couldn’t have been anyone else other than DaeHyun and he was going to make him pay horribly. He had already gone through many scenarios in his head while he had been mixing the batter earlier. He could put a lot of pepper in his breakfast tomorrow. He could mix a red shirt in with all his white laundry next time. He could blast music obnoxiously loud at 4 in the morning. Oh the things he could do to that little mother-

Ring, ring.

HimChan picked up the phone without looking at the caller I.D. since he was busy checking the cake.

“HIMCHAN-HYUNG!”

HimChan nearly dropped the bowl of whipped cream that he had just picked up at DaeHyun’s loud voice. He was going to have the boy’s head if he ruined his cake again.

“H-Hyung…I was just…really hungry yesterday and-and the cake looked so good. I just…thought you might have made it for fun…and you always share your cakes…so…I just-”

“Stop.”

DaeHyun shut his mouth immediately.

It was a rare sight.

HimChan merely smiled sweetly as he said in a very nice tone (which made DaeHyun nervous).

“It’s okay.”

“Huh?”

“I said it’s okay. Isn’t Kira moving in today?” HimChan wondered, earning him a confirmation from DaeHyun.

“It’s closer to school so she’s moving out of her older apartment to here.”

“There’s nothing left to do here so just go help her move in. I’d feel safer if you aren’t here right now…” HimChan sighed as he checked the cake again.

“A-Are you sure, Hyung? I could help with-”

“Really, DaeHyun. It’s fine.”

“O-Okay then…I’ll just…go now. I’m really sorry, Hyung…I’ll make it up to you somehow!” DaeHyun apologized and hung up. HimChan scoffed and tosses his phone into one of the couches. Make it up his . Kim HimChan wanted revenge for the way that fattie mutilated his precious cake that he was going to give to YeJin for her birthday. It was perfection! Perfection couldn’t be rushed and now he could only settle for acceptable. He knew DaeHyun didn’t mean it. But he was going to teach that glutton eating food that doesn’t belong to him was unacceptable.

Especially if it was YeJin’s birthday cake.

 

=====================================================================

 

Kekekeke...I'll finish this tomorrow~

/spams with all the HimDae in which HimChan is going to murder Jung DaeHyun/