English

Spirit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok

My eyes were following the clock's finger every time it moved.

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok

 

5…

 

4…

 

3…

 

2…

 

 

1.

 

 

 

 

 

Awooo!

 

A howl of a wolf was heard from the room beside mine. I could feel the hair on my back like a flow of a wave, tensed from the tip of my toes to the top of my back. The howling sound was getting louder and louder deafening my ears, until when the wolf was trying to howl again, suddenly the noise stopped.

Silent.

I heaved a relief sigh. Finally, He was awake from his sleep. I couldn't stop thinking, why did Hyung have to set such a scary alarm like that? I sighed once again before I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I stripped my clothes one by one on the way to the bathroom and tossed it away carelessly. And the next thing I knew, everything went blur.

~*~

The raindrops was making a soothing rythm on my window room. I hung my black bag on my shoulder and went downstairs.

And as I was descending the stairs, Bosung ran from behind me and descended the stairs, pushing me aside until my body was crashing with the wall and fell upon some stairs. Without any guilt, he kept running.

I heaved a heavy sigh for a few times. A person as my age wasn't supposed to be nagging all the time.But my life was meant to be nagged. I tried to stand up and tried to push my body with both of my hands. But I fell right away when I felt a pain around my right hand wrist.

When I was about to try to stand up again, David hyung walked pass me unsteadly. No good mornings said, no worry sentences said. He just walked pass by.

I wanted to cry.

The tears that was hanging on my eye sockets, would fall anytime soon. But what I felt was something that was rolling down from my nose instead of my eyes. With a shaky hands I rubbed it. And a black stain was smudged on my palm.

 

Blood.

Black blood.

Ah... Maybe I was sick. I rubbed the blood's source and got up from my seat. Chopsticks and spoon meeting with bowls clanging noises was hear from the dining room. I stepped toward the fridge, passing four people that was busy filling up their stomachs without noticing me, without asking my condition, and without reminding me to have a breakfast. 

I laughed sarcastically inside my head.

How was I supposed to have breakfast if the table only provided four chairs? How was I supposed to eat if they only served 4 plates?

I was forgotten.

Since two months ago they had been ignoring me. I remember exactly the morning I woke up, they had already forgotten about me. The way they saw me with an empty gaze. They didn't say hi to me anymore, they didn't served me food anymore, just gave me those empty gazes.

A week after that, they decided to move away to this town, Biga-si, the rain town. Where this place was always covered with rain and moisture dew. The comparison between raining and not raining—where the clouds were dark—was 70:30. It was always cloudy as if the sun hate this town. Just gave its slight light with a heavy heart. I couldn't figure what was my family's thinking of moving into this gloomy town. 

When they were packing up their stuffs, I had to lift my own stuffs to the car and put it down myself too. I also got a small room at the end of the hall where they put unused stuff or things. And now, my room looked like an old attic.

They also didn't take care of my files despite our transfer, so for two months long I didn't go to school. Until yesterday, I was bored around home and tried to take a walk around town, accompanied by a thin sweater and a small black umbrella, walking through the drops of rain. I walked pass a few schools around that town, it'd be really fun if I could go back to school, yeah?

I kept walking until I found a plate written 'Good bye Biga Town'. I was already at the end of the town. A slight smile passed my lips for a slight moment just like a passing wind. There was a satisfaction inside me because I had explored this whole town by myself. As if adventuring.

I turned my body and took the path I passed. But at the corner of my eyes, an old building with 'Mediator High School' written was calling me. Without noticing, I crossed the empty road and went to the building. I stood silently in front of the huge gate, gazing to the enviroment around the school. There was a few cars and bicycles, neatly parked on the school yard. There was no security post, no parking lot and seemed to be uninhabited. There was just only a huge black gate around the school, huge yard that was used as the parking lot, and a big building that was dull eaten by time. My back hair responded quickly on the sight. There was something odd with the school. I might had to leave from here.

I turned my body, jumped back when my face meeting with a broad chest, wrapped by a white shirt. Since when did he stand behind me?

With a shaking body, I brave myself to see his face in front of me. He smiled warmly to me. He was wearing all white from the tip of his head to his toes. Just a gold coloured name tag that was stucked on his chest written 'Head Master Andy Lee'. His body posture that was taller than me and a small gap between us, made the rain drops from my umbrella dampen his white leather shoes. But he didn't seem to care about that and kept smiling. 

"Why are you just standing there? It's time for class to begin." He said after looking onto his watch. I was still startled and could only just shook my head weakily.

As if he could read my thoughts, he said once again, "It's okay. Come again tomorrow. At 7.30 the first lesson will be starting. Make sure you won't be late." He said without letting go the smile on his lips and ended up messing up my hair gingerly before walking into the school arena. As if awakened from a spell, I bowed to him and shouted, "My name is Ahn Daniel. Thank you, Mr. Lee!" 

~*~

 I took a small box of milk and left home without forgetting on stealing glances to my careless family. 

I opened my black umbrella and started to walk toward the end of the town. Finally, I was able to go to school again! School was still quite, I glanced at my black watch circling my wrist, 07:10. I came too early.

"Hey, you!" Someone shouted to me from behind. If the school wasn't that deserted as a graveyard, I probably would ignore that call. But I was the only one there.

I turned my head, a guy with a happy smile came toward me half running. It had been a while for me to see a smile this happily. He smiled to me as if he didn't have a problem, as if this world was just full of lollipops and cotton candies.

"Hey, are you new here?"

I replied a nod, "Yesterday, I met--"

"Cool! By the way, my name's Ricky." His smile widened, showing his lining white teeth. The next thing I knew, he took my hand and dragged me to a classroom. I didn't miss his growling teeth that passed before reaching the door knob.

This guy who was a few centimeters shorter than me opened the door. There was a few people already. Three guys and a girl. And with my presence, they stopped talking, giving me a face that I couldn't read.

I could feel my throat went dry under their eyes. The silence made me shiver in fear and awkward. Until an upset clacking sound from the girl broke the silence.
Within moments she was already in front of Ricky, embracing her collar shirt as a sudden chill wrapped around my body. As if she was letting out cold air. 

"I've told you," The girl hissed sharply with a tiny voice, but odd, as if she was whispering right on my ears. She made me shudder, "I don't need help from disturber like you guys! Take care your own problem! I swear if you guys keep doing it I will drag you all to hell!" 

Her empty brown choclate eyes had turned into bloody red. I could only stood like a stone, staring at her. But Ricky replied her with a soft smile and held the girl's hand. "You will go to heaven, not hell."

Her teeth's clacking sound went louder, and I didn't expect, that girl's small hand could push Ricky's body to crash with the white board behind him. Dividing it into two.

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE HIM! I WANT TO STAY HERE!" The girl screamed histerically. Covering both of her ears tightly with her hands, showing how pissed she was.

I felt my ears were buzzing, making me lose my balance. Even her whisper can be heard perfectly on my ears, can you imagine when she screamed? 

But within a few nanosecond her scream stopped, as she disappeared following her dissolving scream as if blown by the wind, leaving just me and my buzzing ears.

"Are you okay?" Ricky asked faintly between my buzzing ears. I lifted my head and saw him extending his arm to me that I welcomed with a little doubt. I was still in shock with whatever happened earlier.

I replied him with a same question he asked to me. Regardless, he was the one who was thrown.

He smiled, "I'm alright. It's usual for--Oh!" He exclaimed as he flicked his fingers, as if he was just recalling something forgotten. Holding both of my shoulders, Ricky spinned my body until I faced three other guys, that I forgetting their existance for a while.

"Hyung-deul, look!" Ricky lightly pushed me, "Do you think that he's C.A.P hyung's type?"

A guy with a tiny head lazyly leaning his back to the chair, "You called everyone his type, Ricky."

"But, Chunji," The shorter one looked at my eyes deeply. He made feel with his eyes, "If I look at him, he does look like his type." He nodded firmly as if agreeing his own statement.

"Yah, Changjo, stop looking at the mirror and look at him. What do you think?"

Chanjo, the guy who was looking at the mirror and kept tidying his bangs finally gave his gaze to me before drowning himself again in the mirror.

"Hmm..." He mumbled, agreeing nonchalantly.

I didn't even know who was this C.A.P hyung. I didn't know why they looked so relieved when they finally got into an agreement; that I was really a type of this guy with a weird name that I didn't even know who he is. And I also didn't know why they paired me with someone who had the same with me.

Ricky hugged me from behind and jumped up and down happily.

"Do you want help us?" The short guy asked whose name was actually L. Joe.

"Uh? Help what?" I asked doubtfully. For some reason, although Ricky was still jumping happily, I could feel the atmosphere went serious. Very serious.

"Can you talk to C.A.P hyung? Make him back? Maybe you can get to know each other with him?" 

"Woah, wait a minute, dude!" I raised both of my hands,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter