Meeting the Boys

No Pain No Gain

"""Haejin grumbled complaints as she forcefully pushed the door of her classroom to go in. She already stays in here almos every day for 8 hours, she really didn't want to stay in here other than that. But, she had to because SOMEONE made her get detention. She realized that the classroom was empty and so she immediately sat in her desk and put her head against the desk. Just when she was about to drift off, the door slammed open once again and she head the shuffling of feet, a chair sliding out, and also the sound of writing on the board. She peeked one eye open and saw a teacher writing down the detention assignment, Haejin guessed that the other person who was also sitting on the desk was Baekhyun. She turned her head to the side but was surprised to see the dark skinned boy instead. He gave her a gentle smile which made her heart do weird flip flops. What the heck..I do not like him! No..no Haejin slapped her cheeks a couple of times making the boy chuckle. Very interesting.. He thought. 

"Ahem." The teacher coughed making the two students focus on the teacher. "Because of you disobedient, immature students, I have to stay after my work hours on the first day!" She complained. "So since I really dread being as much as you two want to leave, you may just stay for 30 minutes then leave. But if there are any other disturbances you will be forced to do this 2 hours writing assignment." She snapped as she hit her stick on the board making the other two jump. "Understood?" The two students nodded in obedience.

 

"Yesss!! Freee!!" Haejin cheered as she was finally outside the school ready to go home and take a nap. 

"Wooooo!!!" The boy followed as he stretched his arms and yawned. The girl looked at him weird but waited for him to catch up so they could walk side by side.

"Where was your friend?" She asked while lifting her head up. Dang..hes tall...

"I had to subtitute for him."

"Why?" Haejin snorted." Is he that mighty or something?"

"No..he just had to do something. All 6 of us have to back each other up."

"Oh..." The two walkd in silence as the summer breeze was the only that seemed to be alive. Suddenly the boy stopped making the girl stop also in curiousity.

"Hey.." He cautiously called.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Where?"

"Our headquarters."

 

Haejin looked up at the two story run down building that looked like it had been abandoned for years. But apparantely, it was headquarters for the dark skinned boy, the detention maker, and Luhan as well. They were a group who sings and dance and goes to street competitions to get money. 

"So...this is your headqurters?"

"Yep." He sheepishly replied. "I know its not impressive but trust me, the outside is like this so no one can find us or suspect anything inside, The inside is so much better." Haejin still looked at him unsurely but he gave her a nod of encouragment before walking up to the building.

"Wait." She stopped him.

"What?"

"Before I go in there hoping youre not some kind of ..can I a least know your name?"

The boy smiled before replying "Kim Jong In."

 

Haejin looked around the place in awe. He was right..the inside is so...fancy.. After walking for a few minutes into hallways and stairs, Haejin could hear the distinct sounds of music and a voice singing. Huh..whoever singing is really good..I really love his voice... The sounds became louder as the two came closer to the room at the very end of the hall they were at. 

"Uh..they deinitely don't know that you're coming..but I just wanted to shoe you..because..because.." Jongin looked away from her as he wiped his hands on his pants.

"Because..?" Just then the door swung open resulting in Haejin, Kai, and an unknown guy screaming at the same time. 

"Who are you!?" Haejin yelled in instinct. 

"Me!? Who are you!?" The guy yelled back. 

Right..Im the stranger here..Haejin thought. Before she can reply back, she noticed the singing was gone and the music was turned off. Soon footsteps can be heard and familiar faces were seen. "Luhan!" Haejin greeted.

"Haejin!?" Luhan replied, his eyes wide.Haejin looked in closer to see all of Luhan's friends and also the detention maker. She squinted her eyes in disgust but than the unknown guy she first met pushed her back. 

"And who are you." The guy sternly asked with his arms crossed. Haejin just noticed that he was even taller than Jongin and had a deeper voice too. 

"Uhh...Uh..."

"She came for Baekhyun hyung." Jongin interrupted. 

"What?" eveeryone said in unison, even Haejin was confused.

"I had to fill in his spot for detention and she was cursing Baekhyun the whole time, so I decided to clear things up by bringing her..here..." Jongin realized that his reason sounded stupid as his volume and clarity of the reason decreased after every word. Haejin rolled her eyes to keep herself from giggling. The tall guy stared at her like he was analyzing her. Haejin immediately tensed back up. Gosh..he's so scary.. 

"Haejin, lets go inside." Jongin called grabbing her arm and leading her inside. Haejin stumbled in to see detention boy and several other guys practicing a dance routine. The detention boy seeing her from the mirror turned around in shock. messing up the dance routine resulting in one of the other guys crashing into the detention boy. Haejin laughed as she saw the two boys fall to the ground tangled up into each other. 

"Hey what are you doing here!" The detention boy finally accused after standing up. 

"Ask him." She simply replied nodding her head towards Jongin. 

"Baekhyun and Kai, you have a lot of explaining to do." A boy with blonde hair said.

 

After a long conversation was held, there were no misunderstandings anymore. Haejin knew that the detention boy's name was Baekhyun, Jongin was called Kai, and everyone else's name. 

"So...is it okay if I see you guys dance?" Haejin curiously asked. She actually really wanted to know who's voice she heard. The tall boy lit up with a big smile as he clapped. "We would love to have an audience!"

"Arent we just wasting our energy performing just to her?" Baekhyun retorted.

"Byun Baekhyun! Be nice! And besides extra practic will not hurt at all." Suho informed. Everyone else nodded agreement as Baekhyun groaned and gave in. "Fine, lets show her our moves."

 

 

Haejin was shocked, utterly shocked. She seriously thought when Kai said dance group, she thought it was just a playful thing the guys do for fun. But nope. They were all so friking good. Like so good. She didnt even imagine that they could be this good. She was even more shocled at Kai. He obviously was the best dancer, no one could deny that. She couldnt take her eyes off of him, he was so gracefull but powerful at the same time. But..she had to admit..even though her eyes were on Kai, all the attention was to Baekhyun. The voice she heard earlier was Baekhyun's, and that was the most shocking thing for her. Her whole attention was on Baekhyun so much that she had to force herself to keep looking at Kai. 

The boys were taking a break while Haejin was absorbing the shocking perfomance in her mind. Her thoughts were interrupted when Luhan sat beside her and offered her a drink. "Thanks." She replied as she took the bottle and gulped the drink.

"So I saw you totally checking Kai out."

Haejin almost spit her drink out, but she didnt. "N-no..I was not.." She blushed.

"You so were, were you even paying attention to any of us?"

Baekhyun.."I was paying attention to all of you guys!"

"Did you like my rap Haejin sshi??" Tao asked. Haejin nodded her head eagerly even though she barely remembered his rapping. She felt bad, they perfomed just for her and she could only focus on Baekhyun. Stupid Baekhyun! Making me feel like a bad person. Haejin looked towards Baekhyun who was leaning against the wall doing something on his phone. He didnt seem to have even the slightest attention to Haejin unlike his other friends, even some guys who just met her 30 minutes ago. Hmph..he cant at least even say hi? Just than Baekhyun looked up meeting eyes with Haejin. She immediately looked away feeling her face feeling hotter. Aish...whats wrong with me!? Haejin tried to find something else to distract herself so she looked around the room. She noticed pictures of the boys but also picture of a group of girls. Curious, she walked over to the pictures to get a better look at the girls, She gasped as she recognized them as sunbaes of Seoul high who graduated a few years ago.

"Oh are you looking at our sunbaenims?" Suho asked as he stood beside her.

"Yeah.."

"They perform with us a lot, I guess you can call them a sister group of us." He smiled.

"Wow...I didnt know that this dance group thing was..big..I really thought you guys were just being playful." Haejin confessed.

"Well that means that we hid this well successfully" Suho chuckled. 

Wow...thats cool..Haejin thought. She felt someones stare and looked back to meet eyes with Baekhyun for a second before he immediately looked back at his phone. Hmmm..weird...