First Encounter

No Pain No Gain

Haejin felt the insides on her stomach churning as she came face to face with her school's building she hasn't seen in a long time. It was the beginning of a new school year and also importantly, her final year of high school. She was proud of herself for going through the last 2 years without any serious drama or consequences in school. She was merely a student part of the population of SHS, and she wants to keep it that way. She took in a big breath and smiled when she let it back out. For some reason she was very nervous, she knew shouldnt be, since this is her final year, she has a steady circle of friends, and she's doing great with academics. 

"Aja aja! You can do it Song Hae Jin!" She encouraged herself before walking in to her new classroom. 

Since her school is prestigious, her class wasn't that big. She basically knew everyone at school, so she was especially surprised when she saw unfamiliar faces in her classroom. Filled with confusion, she looked around the room trying to detect any familiar faces and sighed in relief when she saw one of her best friends, Yoon Bomi. When the girls met eyes Bomi immediately ushered her over waving her hands. Haejin only focusing on Bomi did not pay attention to the people she was walking by. "Haejin ah!" Bomi sceamed.

Haejin stopped with widened eyes. "What??" 

"Be careful!" Bomi warned. "Pay attention to your surroundings!" 

Haejin circled her hand around her ear indicating that she couldn't hear her from all the noises coming from the other classmates. Haejin thinking that what Bomi was saying wasnt a big deal swiftly turned to the right to avoid a student who was walking opposite of her when she stepped on someones foot and slipped. It felt like eternity when she lost her balance and almost hitting her head on the floor until someone caught her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Time seemed to go even slower as Haejin tried to process everything that just happened

But she couldnt.

Not when there was a gorgeous guy standing over her, she was too busy gawking over him that she didnt realize until a long time later that his face expression was weird. He looked like he was in pain...Haejin widened her eyes as the whole scene ran through her head. Didnt I step on someones foot? I didnt fall..which means this stranger caught me. Oh my goodness..What am I doing!? Haejin immediately regained her balance and took a few steps back away from the stranger. She finally saw the guy after letting her go lift up his foot and started rubbing it. 

"Haejin ah!" 

Haejin yelped as Bomi whacked her arm. 

"You crushed his foot! Go apologize!" 

"Okay okay!" Haejin surrendered as she walked back over to the guy. 

"Uhmm.." For some odd reason Haejin was very nervous. She rocked back and forth and she twirled a strand of her long hair. "Sorry for uhm..stepping on your foot...I wasnt looking..where I was..uh..going..sorry..again..uh.." Haejin had no idea what to say, but she kept staring at him as he gave no response, still rubbing his foot. Haejin cocked her head to the side wondering why he wasnt replying. Is..he deaf?? Shouldn't he at least look up in acknowledgence? Haejin started to get annoyed, and just when she was about to walk away he lift his head up making her almost lose her breath again as he smirked. What the heck..is he smirking at me!? 

"Thanks for the apology..but..too bad I dont take anything easily." 

Haejin narrowed her eyes in nervousness as he continued to stare at him. "What do you mean?"

"You're Song Hae Jin right?" 

How did he know?

"Don't look so surprised, I just saw your nametag." He stated as he pointed to the rectangular piece that contained my name on the right side of my chest. She felt her face turning red as he continued to smirk at her. 

"So what if I am Song Hae Jin?" She retorted back confidentally. 

The guy seemed to be amused by her response as his smirk grew bigger. "So you must be familiar with Luhan?"

Luhan? My desk partner? "Uh..yeah.."

"Great!" He said clapping his hands. "Do you know where he is?" 

Haejin's expression immediately changed to annoyance as she crossed her arms. "So this is the important question?"

He blinked in surprise but immediately regained his poker face."Yeah. Now answer my question."

Haejin scofss as she stared back at him."We're only desk partners. I have no idea what life he has or what he does outside of this classroom. So why dont you ask his friends?" 

The class started murmuring as they witnessed the most interesting scene on their first day. The class grew louder as the guy walked closer and closer to Haejin until they were centimeteres apart. Haejin, having a big pride stood her ground even though his face was making her knees go weak. 

"Song Hae Jin, I know that you know where he is. Don't act like you're not close with him, because I know that you are VERY close to him."

Who the heck is this guy!? A stalker!?

Haejin admitting defeater let out a big huff before answering. "He's on the second floor, 3rd classroom most likely practicing his vocals." She muttered. The guy immediately stepped back and smiled. "Thanks. I would have alreayd met him if you havent made such a big deal out of it." He simply stated as he walked out of the classroom. Haejin held her gaze to him in annoyance as he dissapeared into the hallways. Haejin groaned in frustration as she felt that this encounter was such bad luck on her first day of senior year. She looked back to go to Bomi when she saw another very attractive stranger guy looking at her.

"So, who do you want to know where that person is? Kris? Tao? Chen?" Haejin immediately accused. 

The new guy chuckled as he walked closer. "Actually, I was just going to aplogize on behalf of my friend."

Haejin blinked several times before her face turned red from embarassement. "Oh..sorry.." The guy chuckled again as he rubbed his neck with his hand.

"Yeah..sorry about Baekhyun...he's really..outgoing.."

"Psh yeah he was so o-"

"No problem! It was all her fault anyways!" The two people jumped as they looked at Bomi who suddenly jumped in and interrupted Haejin.Bomi laughed as she put her arm around Haejin's shoulders. "She apologizes as well! So I hope everything is fine now!"

"Bomi yah.." Haejin gritted. 

"Hae..just shut up. You're going to make matters worse." Bomi whispered.

"What are you talking about!?" Haejin hissed.

"You..have detention."

"What??"

"Look at the board dummy."

Haejin suddenly scared of what was on the board slowly turned her head to see a death sentence:

SONG HAE JIN AND BYUN BAEK HYUN. I HAVE BEEN STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CLASSROOM FOR 10 MINUTES. YOU TWO WERE OBVIOUSLY IN YOUR OWN DREAM LANDS AS YOU HAVE NOT NOTICED ME, THE BELL RINGING, OR YOUR CLASSMATES SITTING IN THEIR SEATS. FROM THE LACK OF PAYING ATTENTION. YOU TWO BOTH HAVE DETENTION TODAY. MRS.PARK.

You're kidding me right? right!? Detention!?