Final

His silver hair in the late sunset glow

 

 

 

Myungsoo giggles childishly as he jumps from rock to rock and then finally into the sand. Picking himself up immediately, he then dashes towards Dongwoo again. The elder is running ahead already, the melon securely in his hold.

They stole the melon from the restaurant Infinite is staying at and then snuck their way outside to head towards the beach.

It's getting dark slowly. The sun paints the sea orange and yellow und soon will bathe it in fervid red. Nonetheless, the atmosphere is calm, Myungsoo realizes and he runs with a smile, the sand tingling his bare feet.

 

Dongwoo starts jumping in front of him, shouting: „She's back! She's back, Oh!“
His voice gets very high-pitched when singing the 'Oh'.
The fans say that Dongwoo is really cool and very manly, but that's only one of Dongwoo's countless character trades – although this might be the one that makes Myungsoo blush every now and feel his heartbeat quicken in his chest when he thinks of Dongwoo's fierce, masculine self - still would he say that Dongwoo is probably the least coolest out of all of them.
He certainly has his moments – when he's bragging with Hoya, dancing or writing raps that usually should be rated because of mature content – but most of the time he's like this: Doing something stupid while shouting „She's back!“ on the top of his lungs.

 

For some reason, Myungsoo adores the way Dongwoo moves. Dongwoo is short and straddle-legged, yet he runs and jumps gracefully like a horse. In defeat Myungsoo hits himself in the face lightly.
Despite of everything, he likes Dongwoo so much.
Having an unrequited crush could be hurtful, but being with Dongwoo just makes him happy. Too happy. It's really bad and wonderful and angst-inducing and beautifully refreshing.

Tonight, Dongwoo held him back in the corridor in the hotel and whispered to him. He had chosen Myungsoo for his silly plan and the younger felt flattered and confused about that but would never question Dongwoo's ways.
Dongwoo's lips were very close to Myungsoo's earlobe as he spoke. His breath tingled on the younger's skin and made it become very warm. It was so slight and yet so significant to Myungsoo – that sensation.

 

Myungsoo looks at the sea as he jogs, the thoughts flating by, the memory of Dongwoo's breath ghosting over his cheeks again. He does not see coming what happens next and doesn't notice Dongwoo's first call of warning.

 

„Catch!“, Dongwoo shouts and the next moment Myungsoo feels something big and heavy being thrown into his stomach, pushing the air out of his lungs at once. The melon falls off of him with a thump and the surprised Myungsoo follows quickly afterwards, dropping backwards into the sand.

 

For an instance he can't do anything, just stares at the darkening sky in surprise and wonders when he will be able to breathe again.

 

„Aigo! Sorry!“, Dongwoo says loudly, comes to his side and kneels down next to him.

Myungsoo isn't mad or hurt, but the impact with the melon still forced the tears into his eyes.
He fights for air when Dongwoo's concerned face eventually appears in his vision.

 

„I'm sorry. I thought you were looking.“, the elder explains while his hands are busy touching Myungsoo's cheek and chest to see if he's alright.

 

„It's okay.“, the boy replies breathlessly, sitting up and wiping the tears from his eyes.
Dongwoo apologizes one more time and pats his back with a smile.

 

„I was so sure you would catch it. Why weren't you looking when I called you?“, he asks then and laughs as he recalls Myungsoo's surprised face when the melon hit him in the guts.

 

„I just wasn't paying attention.“, the younger says gruffly, turning away to fish for the melon in the sand.

Dongwoo laughs again.

 

„Nah, Myungsoo, you just catch like a girl.“, the elder retorts without mercy.
It irks Myungsoo so much. Because it is true - well, he certainly doesn't catch like a girl (also since there are lots of girls who do so very well, by the way), but Dongwoo is still right in a way. Myungsoo could not catch the melon because he was thinking of him so deeply, so dreamily, yes, almost girlishly. His secret liking for Dongwoo is his greatest insecurity and of course the elder has to stomp on the sensitive spot of Myungsoo – not out of resentment but sheer stupidity, a stupidity Myungsoo finds humble and cute for the most part.

 

„Stop it, Dongwoo-hyung!“, Myungsoo says, suddenly annoyed. From one moment to the next he does not want to be there anymore. Why is he even here? - alone, with his crush, near the soon sunset at a white, romantic beach, he asks himself. But going back to the hotel now is pointless, as well. After all they stole that melon together for a reason.

 

Someone other than Dongwoo would be irritated by the younger's sudden change of mood, but Dongwoo is not like that. He laughs it off and takes the melon from Myungsoo's hands to finally cut it open, but before he does so he pretends to throw it at the younger one more time. Myungsoo flinches, lifting his hands to protect himself, but Dongwoo just lowers the fruit again and grins at him mischievously.

 

„Are you going to open it now, or what?“, Myungsoo asks crabbily. Embarrassed by his surprised, fearful reaction, he turns away from Dongwoo then, pulling his knees to his chest.

 

The wide ocean in front of him is dark blue now, the last sunlight smoldering on the waves while the sun is going down quietly, like a ball of fire, painting clouds pink and purple.

The view is certainly nothing Myungsoo gets to see on a dayly basis, so it does not lift his mood when Dongwoo eventually pokes his side.

 

„Myung!“, the elder says and and pokes until 'Myung' turns around, looking into his eyes. Dongwoo is so close, the ocean reflecting in his eyes under a tuft of silver hair. It takes Myungsoo breath away.

 

„Are you mad?“, the elder asks. For once he is calm and serious, closing Myungsoo's wounds to rip open new ones.

 

„No“, the boy replies, tearing his look away from Dongwoo's mirror-like eyes.

 

„It's just that...“, he tries to explain, casting down his eyes. But how can he explain calmly while his confused emotions storm silently inside him - like the burning sun so hot are they.
Myungsoo can't find his words and is unaware of the way Dongwoo looks at him – at the way the breeze swirls lightly through his hair that has pretty curls at some places, the way he blushes slightly while looking for words and the way his eyes finally find Dongwoo's again, shapely and brown like melting chocolate.

 

„My feelings... it's complicated...“, he says, drawing a cricle in the sand with his heedless fingers.

 

The next time he looks up Dongwoo holds the gaze, forbidding the younger to look down again. Myungsoo swallows. He didn't notice that Dongwoo was that close.

In the moment of quiescence only the calm whooshing of the sea can be heard. The last bit of the sun pokes over the rim of the endless ocean and Myungsoo wonders what will happen when the sun is gone entirely.

 

„What about your feelings?“, Dongwoo asks after that moment over, pulling the younger out of his small daydream.

 

„It hurts that you always tease me because I like you... a lot!“, the boy blurts out in sudden haste. He wants to run away, dive into the ocean and clear his mind, but he can't look away from Dongwoo.

The elder keeps searching his face for something.

 

What are you looking for?, Myungsoo asks inwardly, self-conscious under the young man's gaze.
Suddenly, Dongwoo smiles slightly and Myungsoo finds himself smiling, too, although he does not feel like it at all. He just has to smile when Dongwoo does.

 

The sun is only an incredibly small, orange point in the distance.

 

„I like you, too.“, Dongwoo replies at last.
The calming, languorous sound of the blue waves that roll onto the beach, then pull back, taking sand and shells with them, rustles in Myungsoo's ears.

The beach that was yellow and hot from sunlight before is now almost black. The first stars twinkle in the open sky above them, the scene is changing from red colors to blue ones and, as the sun subsides, the moon rises and the waves become calmer, Myungsoo realizes that soon it will be completely dark.

 

He looks at Dongwoo's nigh face as the shadows overtake it slowly. His shining eyes go back to brown and his silver hair becomes a light spot in the moonlight that is approaching them now.

 

„Hyung...“, Myungsoo whispers.

 

It's getting dark. We should head back, he wants to say in the exact moment that the night falls over the land with blackness and his chary lips get sealed by someone else's.

Myungsoo almost gasps in surprise. He can't see Dongwoo anymore - maybe because he is so close -, but he can feel the wet lips against his very clearly.
Amazed, he tips backwards a little, extending a hand to hold himself up, while Dongwoo crawls after him, not yet ready to let this be the end of the sudden kiss.

 

„Hyung~“, Myungsoo mumbles. He wants to touch the elder. Dongwoo begins doing so, pushing himself closer, his cheek and eventually making the boy drop himself onto his back and into the sand.

Finally, he can meet Dongwoo in the kiss completely. Still confused but in sheer delight, Myungsoo wraps his arms around the elder's neck, his lips now parting eagerly.
Trustfully, he invites the elder in for a deeper kiss and the elder takes that invitation carefully – very unlikely for him – and kisses every corner of Myungsoo's lips before going in for more.

 

With his eyes closed tightly, Myungsoo just lets it overcome him. Dongwoo's confession befalls him sweetly and he grips the elder's hair. All of a sudden, he is smiling into the kiss, enjoying Dongwoo's taste and the sensation of his muscular arms around him.

 

The elder only pulls away when they are both out of breath and Myungsoo lies beneath him, his hands still loosely in the other's hair, his body hot and defenseless beneath Dongwoo. Finally, he can make out the elder's shape in the dark.

 

„Myungsoo-yah...“, Dongwoo says then, his eyes darting here and there, wanting to kiss every inch of that beautiful boy in the sand underneath him.

 

„Hm?“, the younger asks back, the same unknown desire in his innocent eyes.

 

„Do you like me that way?“

 

„What way?“

 

„This way.“, Dongwoo explains and kisses the younger's lips again, shortly, watching how Myungsoo's eyes only open a moment after he pulled away again, savouring that small kiss.
The night sets the light of stars in the younger's eyes and Dongwoo can feel his heart beating rapidly because their bodies are so close. He even believes to see a slight redness glowing on the boy's cheeks.

The younger's answer surprises him with trust and sincerity.

 

„Of course, hyung.“, Myungsoo replies and smiles sadly, his fingers Dongwoo's neck.
A thoughtful silence follows. Dongwoo caresses the younger's cheek, too, just to return that loving touch.

 

A bit further away the Infinite members are probably going to sleep right now.
Sunggyu checks on everyone one more time before closing the door of his single for room some much-deserved peace and privacy. Sungjong most likely disregards his bed again, instead snuggling up in Hoya's protective embrace, while Sungyeol sleeps soundly already and Woohyun asks himself what might take Dongwoo so long in the bathroom.

 

But Sunggyu will miss somebody, two people to be precise, and Sungjong and Hoya won't make the second maknae jealous anymore and Woohyun will sit wondering the whole night, because Dongwoo will not come back, not tonight.

 

The melon is totally forgotten when Myungsoo finally cups the elder's cheeks to not invite, but ask for a kiss this time. He becomes daring and impatient and Dongwoo loves it, grants him the kiss and many, many more.

 

„I like you in all ways possible.“, Dongwoo whispers and pulls the flustered boy up, into his arms so he can hug him and feel more of him. He can't wait for more of Myungsoo, more of the boy he always wanted closer than he was allowed to, and begins also kissing his neck and the small place underneath Myungsoo's ear that is so sensitive.

 

The younger can hardly believe it yet, but his lips suddenly touch Dongwoo's soft hair, his nose inhaling the elder's scent, and he realizes that that silver hair is finally he his. Sleepy, confused and happy he is as he wraps his arms around Dongwoo.

 

The moon has risen. It is the end of the day and the beginning of something new. Maybe it was his benevolence that made the lovers finally find each other. Because of him, because of his light in Dongwoo's eyes and as flares in his hair, Myungsoo can not shy away anymore and has to finally say the words he wanted to say for so long.

 

„I like you, too, a lot and it's scary bit it's also a good feeling, Dongwoo-hyung, a very good feeling now.“

 

 

 

 


Hope you enjoyed! c:

~ I also have a Myungjong one-shot if you want:
 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/615065/between-flowers-blades-of-grass-and-reed-infinite-myungjong-love