Chapter 8 ( Final )

The Weird Family

The next day at work, Chanyeol couldn't concentrate because Sehun was on his mind all the time. He made a few mistake and that made his colleague worried. It was unusual to see Chnayeol, the happy virus down, and when they asked him what's the matter, he only brushed it off.

After a day of working in a daze, finally Chanyeol was able to get home and rest. He texted Lay to ask him to join him for dinner, but only get back the reply that he was already out with Luhan. Chanyeol just shrugged and went to buy takeout at the cafe down the road back home. He walked down the streets while observing the people with curiosity. Chanyeol stopped by the cafe that Sehun and him had once went to, he stood in front of the cafe while pictures of Sehun and him appeared on his mind. 

'I wonder what the kid is doing now.'

He carried on, now not having the mood to be home so early.

 'Aishh that Lay, how can he forget his best friend when he has a boyfriend.' 

He then turned into the park and went deeper into the park. He found a sit not far away from the pond, and settled himself down while taking out his food. On his left, there was a family who was packing up after a picnic. They looked so happy being able to spend time together with each other, the two boys were playing happily with each other while the father and mother moved all the things into the basket. 

He smiled to himself, pondering over when he could also have a family that can make him happy. After he had eaten his food, he took a walk to the bridge which was filled with a few couples. After a short strolled, he stopped at take a break at one of the bench. As the night was approaching, lesser people was there with Chanyeol. 

He took a look around his surrounding, a group of girls and a couple, and a guy. 'Woah he is like me !' Chanyeol thought as he looked at the guy closely. His back was facing Chanyeol, but then he was wearing whole black with long sleeve and jeans. And Chanyeol immediately thought of Sehun. 'HAHAH, still can think of him now.' He took his chance, and approached the figure. 

"Sehun, why ermm are you here ?"

Sehun turned to the source and turned as pale as a sheet. The person that makes his heart beats so fast, the person that makes him smile just by simply smiling at him. The person with the deep voice and goofy smile. The first person to talk to him even when he  have no idea who he was. Even though Chanyeol had been ignoring him these few days, Sehun still could not forget that he was someone who took a special place in his heart. Now that person has finally came to talk to him, that brought tears to Sehun's eyes.

"Chanyeol hyung.. hu hu" (sehun was crying now) 

"Sehun what's wrong ? Are you hurt some where ?"

"No h-hyung, Thehun is not hurt."

"Come lets sit down first."

They went to sit under the same shady carob tree, and Chanyeol patting Sehun's head trying to calm him down. After a few minutes, Sehun finally stopped crying.

"H-hyung are you mad at Thehun ? Why didn't you play with me anymore ?" Sehun said between hiccups.

"No Sehun, i'm not angry with you. Hyung is really sick these days and hyung don't know what is wrong. But now i know, and i am better now." 

Sehun looked up to see Chanyeol giving him a big grin. Sehun gave Chanyeol an innocent smile back, and Chanyeol swears to himself that he will never hurt him again.

"Hyung, if you are better now will you play with me already ?"

"Yes of course ! Sehun, i want to ask you something and you have to be honest with hyung okay ?"

Sehun only gave Chanyeol a nod to show that he was listening.

"Do you like Chanyeol hyung ?"

"Yes i love Chanyeol hyung a lot !"

"Does Sehun know what is love ?"

"... Thehun doesn't. B-but when hyung hold Thehun's hand at lobby the first time, Thehun was so happy. Because hyung wasn't afraid of Thehun, and talk to Thehun. Thehun always look at hyung through the window, hoping hyung will wave back to me. Hyung didn't make fun of my lisps like the other people, and play with me, i love Chanyeol hyung." 

Sehun ended his speech with a blush. Chanyeol was astonished, this was the first time Sehun spoke so much. And he was really clueless of the reasons behind Chanyeol's action the last few days. Chanyeol felt remorse by the way he had turned his back on him, and the boy had no clue but continued to care for him.

"Sehun, i am sorry for what i've done. I'm sorry i hurt you. I promise that i'll only hear from you not the others and i'll make you happy, take you out and play, or just watching a movie together. Will you forgive me ?"

"H-hyung i don't understand. But what did you do wrong ?"

"I was wrong for thinking that you're practicing witchcraft, for believing the rumors of the neighbours. For not knowing you have an illness, for not being understanding. I am wrong to avoid you."

"Hyung.. You know about my illness ? When ? Luhan hyung told you right ?"

Sehun was scared, he was afraid that Chanyeol doesn't want to be his friend when he know about how weird he was. He couldn't take it if Chanyeol will be like those neighbours that always point fingers at him behind his back, and run away when he turned to them. Chanyeol hugged Sehun while humming a tune.

"Sehunnie, hyung will look after you and be your best friend that you do anything and everything with. So don't worry so much, i'll protect you. Now let's go home, i'm sure Luhan is worried."

"Chanyeol hyung, can i sleep at your house tonight ?"

Chanyeol stopped at the mention of sleeping over at his house. He gave Sehun a questioning look, trying to figure out why the boy would want to do that. Sehun just stood there with his head looking down like a child who was afraid to be scolded by his parent. Chanyeol ruffled Sehun's hair and agreed to the request, which made Sehun's beamed with pleasure. They walked back to the apartment hand in hand, while telling jokes with each other.


"So you guys are together ?"

"Look Luhan i thought this was your idea. Now you're not happy ?" Chanyeol retorted.

"Hey let's not fight ! It's actually a great thing, LuLu come on. You're crying yesterday and being happy and all." Lay voiced out and tried to calm Luhan.

"HAHA ! Luhan you're so funny for me to handle !" 

And the three of them laugh at one another making the whole room filled with laughters.


"Morning Chanyeol hyung !"

"Hey Tao, great to see you where is Kris ?"

"He is off to work."

"OH MY GOD ! Hyung, you're with that that that."

 Tao pointed at Sehun with mouth opened big enough for a fist to fit in.  Chanyeol laughed at his neighbour's expression while Sehun gave Tao a blur face.


"Sehun, come."

Sehun climbed up Chanyeol's bed and lay there, after which Chanyeol pulled  the blanket over them. They turned to face each other, while starring happily at each other's face. The moment of silence was broke when Chanyeol spoke.

"Sehun, so how old are you exactly ?"

"I'm 20, what about you hyung ?"

"Oppss i'm only 16 and you've been calling me hyung ?!"

"Really ? I thought you will be older than me." Sehun pouted.

"HAHAHA !! I am kidding, i'm 21 already. So i'm your hyung."

They giggled at each other and Chanyeol trying to tickle Sehun. 
 
"Say Sehun, were you the one who always look at me when i'm sleeping ?"

"Oh i was caught."

"So it's you ! You know it's actually quite disturbing."

"Thorry hyung, i'm just trying to see the different you."

"Gosh you this kiddo. Sleep now."

Sehun fell asleep in Chanyeol's arm that embraced him tightly. Chanyeol stared at Sehun while kissing his forehead, unable to believe that he finally have someone that he love to be beside him. He snuggled closer to Sehun, resting his chin on top of Sehun's head and fell asleep to the steady breathe of Sehun. That night, the both of them slept peacefully and it's the first time that Sehun does not have any nightmare, but instead sweet dreams.

 

So it's finally the end of this story. Thank you for spending your time with me. I'm thinking of writing another fanfic, so yup ! That's all hope you like the story :)