Chapter 7

The Weird Family

The lights of the corridor flickered, as the door slowly opened. Chanyeol couldn't calmed his thumping heart, he swallowed his saliva while wiping away his sweat. Just as the door swinged opened fully, the lights of the corridor switched off together. Chanyeol's eyes widened, he was expecting Sehun to run towards him with a knife and he will die right there. He waited for someone, but then after what it seems like an hour, Chanyeol slowly proceeded  to take small steps into the apartment. He looked around his surrounding, observing what was different from his last visit.
 
'How can someone opened the door for me, but i didn't see him walked passed?' Chanyeol thought as he began to feel weird about this whole situation.

"Finally decide to come over ?"

Chanyeol stopped all his action as soon as he heard the voice. He turned his head back to face the person and saw Luhan standing in front of the now closed door, looking at him with eyes that could kill.

"Why-y i ermm i was really busy and all, so"

"Don't bother lying to me Chanyeol. I know what you're thinking. I thought that maybe you'll be different, but then i was wrong."

"Luhan w-what are you talking about ? I thought you're with Lay ?"

"Shoot, what do you need ? You want to see how badly you've hurt Sehun ? Is it ?"

"NO! I-i my power tripped, i can't see well so i was coming to see if you can help me."

After a few minutes, Luhan managed to get the lights back. Chanyeol felt relieved and sigh. He looked at Luhan from the corner of his eyes, and dared not asked him about Sehun. As if Luhan could read his mind, he looked towards Chanyeol and caught his attention before signaling him to join him on the sofa. 

"Chanyeol, do you find Sehun weird ? Or do you find us weird ?"

"Err yes actually from the first day you guys moved in. I saw a box stained red, i don't know it's blood or what. And the curtains were always drawn, not to mention noises at the night." 

Chanyeol scratched his head while saying it slowly, scared to offend Luhan and gave a very awkward smile to end his sentence. 

"So you noticed. You know when Sehun was young, he was always bullied in school, due to his figure and girly features. His classmates would not talk to him, making him felt abandoned and indifferent. Our parents left us when we're young, and now he has some anxiety disorder."

"What ?! So he is not a witch or something ? Gosh what about the doll in his room ? He doesn't practice witchcraft ?"

"Some nights you'll hear him scream, it's because of the anxiety attacks. He'll just poke needles on the doll, or just pluck out its hair. I know it sounds weird, but at least he didn't hurt himself."

Chanyeol lost his words, how could he even thought that Sehun practices witchcraft ? He felt his heart tugged, and wanted a whole to swallow him up. He couldn't believed how harsh he had treated Sehun these past few days. At Sehun's name being mention, he was now concerned where the boy was.

"Luhan, i am sorry and i regretted what i had done. I-i "

"You should apologise to Sehun not me. It's late already, i think i should take my leave. Good night Chanyeol."

Chanyeol bowed to Luhan before sliding down against the wall. He felt a warm tear slid down his right cheek, he bit his lips and went to the bathroom to wash himself.

'What are you doing now Sehun ?'

Chanyeol was starring right at Sehun's bedroom. He lie on his bed with his stomach facing down, while he rewound back to those times where the both of them were happy. Now he wasn't sure if they could ever go back. As Luhan said just now, he had hurt Sehun badly. The boy would not want to hang out with someone like him anymore. As he was drowned in his thoughts, the lights of Sehun's room were switched on. This time Luhan followed closely behind Sehun, and he was talking to him with a smile. 

Chanyeol has no idea what they are talking about because he couldn't hear from this distance. His mind told him not to care, while his heart told him to eavesdrops. This time Chanyeol listened to his heart. No matter how hard he tried to catch a word coming from their mouths, Chanyeol could not hear any sound. He cursed to himself inwardly, when he stood up from his position (which was under his study table ) he accidentally knocked his head against the table. He cursed loudly as he rubbed his head trying to ease the pain. Chanyeol did not noticed that, now he had caught the attention of Luhan and Sehun.

After awhile, Chanyeol noticed about the weird atmosphere and turned his attention back to the two brothers. Only to found out that they had noticed him, he gave them an awkward smile and a 'OK' sign to show that he was fine. Chanyeol acted as if he was trying to find something so as to make them thought that he wasn't trying to eavesdrop. 

He lie on his bed, thinking about how he should dealt with the problem. He turned around in his bed, unable to sleep due to his concerned. Chanyeol sat up quickly as he found a solution and that's texting Lay. He fumbled with his phone and started typing out what he had learnt about Sehun.

'Told you he was not that bad. Look what you had done to the innocent boy. Tsk."

'Can you please not make me feel more guilty ? I know i was wrong, that's why i wanted to make up to Sehun.'

'Just have a talk with him. It'll be easier for both of you.'

'Alright dude that "was" a big help. Thanks bud~ night.'

He switched off his phone and starred at his ceiling. He threw his thoughts and concerned away and tried to sleep for the night.

"Hyung, will he still avoid me ?" Sehun asked as Luhan was pulling the blanket over him. Luhan looked at Sehun, whose big puppy eyes were red from the crying, he felt disheartened at the sight. It's the first time Sehun has fallen  in love, and this child does not know anything, heck he didn't even know he was in love with Chanyeol. 

"Don't worry, Chanyeol will talk to you one day. He will treat you like before once he realise his feelings."

"What feelings hyung ? Is Chanyeol hyung very sick ? Is he going to die ?"

"No Sehun, he is okay. Go to sleep now. "

"Emm.. Goodnight hyung."

"Night."

 

know it's a short chapter, and this will be the second last chapter.

HAHAHHA ! But thanks for staying with me all along. Are you're shock to find out that Sehun was actually a normal person not someone who practices witchcraft ? HEEHEE hope you guys don't blame me. And i wanted to say thank you for all the subscribers and upvoters !! Thumbs up