Dinner Culminating Darkness

He Is My Husband NOW!

“good morning, mom, dad” you greeted your parents as you entered the living room. Both of your parents were watching hot news in tv.

“morning, darling” your mom replied. Your dad still busied with the news.

“why are you still here?” you remembered the two of them always worked in office. They rarely or almost never at home.

“are you mad?” your mom asked softly.

You frowned “for what?”

“you seem overthinking yesterday” she answered.

“really?” you tried to look nonchalantly, but failed. To be honest, you was overthinking yet. You couldn’t stop thinking about Oh Sehun. No matter how hard you shifted your brain in whatever you thought it was interesting such food, new clothes, good body lotion, or cute dog.

You didn’t understand why are you thinking about Sehun. What was so special about him? he was your enemy and you supposed to hate him since forever.

“you still seem overthinking today” she continued.

“what do you think, daughter?” your dad said abruptly.

Your mom looked toward you in suspicious “are you thinking about your future fiance?” she winked.

“w-what? n-no!” you stuttered. Thought about your future fiance, it was make you feel eeri.

“no problem, girl. Just to be honest at us” your dad said.

“are you feel embarrassed?” your mom teased.

“ugh, no!” you exclaimed.

“so?” she raised an eyebrow.

“i thinking about my friend” you answered without lingered.

“friend? who?” she returned ask.

You quite immediately. You confused about how you can answer that question. You felt guilty because it was your fault in first place.

“Jongin” after a quite long pause, you answered. Your parents knew that you didn’t have many friends that really close to you. Definitely, you were a closed people and didn’t friendly enough.

It was lie. Actually, you were thinking about Oh Sehun but you just didn’t want to accept the real. He was your enemy and you had to hate him. The point was you may not thinking about him.

“oh....” fortunately, she didn’t ask any question again. But, suddenly.....

“darling, it is beautiful for you, isn’t it?” she put out a silver silky dress with sequin on top of dress in front of your face. Here’s the picture of the dress:

You beamed “wow... great” you grabbed the dress from your mom’s hand quickly and keep your eyes quite long on the dress.

“this is for me? so sweet, mom. You’re the best mom ever in the world!” you commended your mom wholeheartedly.

She chuckled “do you realize it just now?!”

“no, no, no. I do realize it since i was child” you chuckled along with her.

“perfect! you can wear that dress when we go to the dinner tonight” she clapped her hands.

“what’s the dinner?!” you almost shouted. Stars in your eyes slowly fade away. Your heart raced and you had bad thought.

“dinner with your future fiance” she answered without hesitantly.

“WHAT??!!”

“nggg... no! he is your fiance now, not future fiance” your dad added.

You frozen.

 

***

 

No reason for you to refused the dinner. So, you just submitted the fate. Compare to you, your parents looked excited.

“are you ready?” your dad asked before you three entered the restaurant. He saw nervousness and anxious in your eyes.

You nodded in agreement. Then, you and your parents entered the restaurant which one seem luxurious, extravagant, and comfortable.

You looked around restaurant. It was pretty quite and there was one family in the middle of restaurant.

“Mr. Park!” an old man waved toward your dad.

“hey! what’s up?” your dad drew near an old man. Then, they were hug as they were best buddies ever.

You and your mom followed behind your dad. In a couple of second, a middle-aged woman beside an old man smiled toward you and your mom.

“how are you, Mrs. Park?” she asked in hospitable and friendly way.

“fine” your mom answered in friendly way too.

Their family welcomes yours. After took a seat, both of your parents sank in chat with their family. Beside a middle-aged woman, you noticed a boy who seemed familiar to you. You assured he was your fiance.

*why lately most of people seem familiar to me?* you thought.

You eager to asked him into chatting because you considered yourself as a stupid one in the restaurant. Others people in that restaurant sank in their own bustle. Only you did nothing and the one and only that you could was see the others people’s activity. Because of that, you liked stupid person.

“hi” you tried to greet him. But, he didn’t perceive. He still too busied with his gadget.

You scratched your head that actually didn’t itch at all. Then, you tried one more time to greet him but this time your voice louder.

You noticed that he heard you but he decided to ignore you. It was annoying. What was the problem cause he ignored you? in fact, you two met just now and didn’t able to talked each other. Was it possible he forced to accept the engagement? but, you forced to accept the engagement too and you didn’t like him. He seemed cold, careless, and... anger.

Suddenly, your parents and his parents shifted attention to you two.

“he is your fiance. Is he that handsome?” your mom whispered as she pointed toward him.

You cursed under your breath. Was that possible to you see his face while he didn’t turn his head toward you at all?

However, you just nodded and pay attention to him. You realize again that he really seemed familiar to you.

“good. It’s mean you agreed with engagement” your mom said. But, you didn’t pay attention to her. Full of your attention in boy in front of you.

“don’t too aggressive stare at him, darling. Sometimes, boy doesn’t like girl that aggressive” she teased.

You felt embarrassed and irked in same time. Before you could saying a single word, the middle-aged woman said “son, please introduce yourself”

You gulped.

He lifted his head and you could see his face clearly.

“hello, i’m Oh Sehun”