Love in it's Purest Form

Love in its Purest Form (Two Mins, One Love Contests Entry)

 

Minho held the sleeping form tightly in his arms. 
He trailed random patterns on his .
Planted butterfly kisses over his exposed shoulders. 
Swept the sweat off his forehead and cheeks. 
 
And smiled. 
 
Choi Minho smiled the most loving and tender smile he had in him. 
 
Because he could. 
 
He could call Taemin his within the four walls of their dorm room, 
where no one could interrupt their conjoined thoughts and dreams. 
Where no one could oppose. 
Where no one had a say. 
Where they didn't have to  hide. 
 
'Don't you seem lost in thought" Minho's eyes darted down to his lover whose eyes had opened.
Those beautiful brown eyes that had a certain gleam in them. 
A gleam that made his heart race. 
 
"I was" the blonde smiled as Minho leaned down to plant a chaste kiss on his lover's pale lips. 
 
Times like this felt surreal to the Maknae. 
Dreamlike, even. 
 
It was 9:10 am on one of those rare days off. The dorm room he shared with Key and Onew was empty and the smell of breakfast was just starting to register in his brain. He looked over to the alarm clock, it read 10:09 am. He read it wrong the first time. 
 
"Taemin, you up yet?"  Minho's deep voice came from the other side of the door, startling the boy. 
"Y-yeah."  Taemin hated how his voice faulted at the sound of his hyung's, how his heart went crazy and how his body burned in places he remembered their skins to have brushed against one another's. 
 
"Good, Key cooked for us," the sound of retreating footsteps echoes in his ears, and an overwhelming desire to see took the place of his racing heart. 
 
Lee Taemin threw the first thing he saw on and ran out of his room to catch up to his distant hyung. 
 
"Taemin?" It was Minho's voice again, to break Taemin out of his trance this time around.
"Yes, Hyung?" 
 
"I love you." The words left Minho's mouth so assertively and with such conviction that it took Taemin's breath away, his heart swelled the way it always did when he heard them. 
 
"I-I love you, t-too" Taemin hated it, the fact that his words sound so feeble next to his lover's. So weak against the firmness of his true feelings, it tainted his cheeks red. 
 
But it left Minho satisfied. 
 
It had been two months so far of watching Taemin from afar like a sick stalker lurking the shadows, but unlike a stalker, Taemin knew of where Minho stood and kept stealing glances through the mirror.
  
It had been a month and half of trying to decipher the meaning of those glances. Ones that weren't formulated by head to fit his own agenda. 
 
Taemin sat up, exposing his flesh to his lover, and stretched. He stifled a yawn that got through his lips anyways. 
 
And then he saw them,
 and they were everywhere.  
The body of the slim dancer was a canvas of them. 
 
Beautiful, it was the rapper's only word for the dancer, aside from perfect.
 
"Yah! Minho-hyung!" Minho looked away from his lover's form into his eyes once more with a pleased smile "How am I supposed to cover all of this up?!" he pointed at the love marks that adorned every inch of Taemin. 
 
"How about you don't?" suggested Minho, as he kissed over the his handy work.   
Taemin blushed at the contact, but smiled. 
 
Stealing a kiss from his lover before getting off the bed and slipping his boxers back on. 
 
Minho mirrored him, throwing on a random shirt from his side of the closet and throwing  one at Taemin who caught it effortlessly and slipped it on quickly, and stopping to inhale the scent of him. 
 
A strange mixture that called to Taemin. 
 
"I like your clothes, Hyung" Taemin smiled sweetly and innocently. 
It was responded by the elder's hand on his head, ruffling his already messy hair. 
 
The contact was comfortable, it made them doubt. Could they live without such simplicities from now on?
 
Taemin took a step towards his hyung and wrapped his arms around the taller's waist, nuzzling his face on his built chest as a pair of strong arms secured him in place. 
 
They were small things that made their hearts beat a little faster. 
 
Minho couldn't take it. 
it was fear after fear, doubt after doubt of thing that weren't making sense anymore. 
Taemin's smile that suddenly seemed the same to him. As if he looked at everyone how he wished he'd look at him. 
 
It was affecting everything from his concentration to his physical health, not to mention his relationship with his SHINee hyungs. 
 
It was a dark place for Minho.  It was a time of fears and worries and so many other conflicting emotions he wasn't sure even had a name. 
 
It was a time of Taemin, and no Taemin at the same time. Would his overwhelming desire never be relived? would his love never be returned? 
 
It'd taken Minho three and half months to decide that it was love. It was the day he decided that it wasn't useful to lie to yourself. 
 
It was a beautiful realization; overwhelming  and -of course- scary. But it was puzzle-solving, in a very life-wrecking way 
 
That was the thing about love. It didn't care in who or what time it manifested, it'd wreck havoc and make it's way against anything and everything. 
It had a way of conquering everything. 
 
The members looked at each other for a minute that felt like a century. 
One that took them years from the day they stood in, 
to a reality in which they still held each other the same way they did that very minute.
 
Then the Maknae voiced the one thing Minho didn't want to think about, "Hyung, how is this- us- going to work in the media we live in? How are we going to face everyone else with this?" 
 
It would have been a lie to say that it never crossed Minho's mind that in Korea and everywhere else in the world the love they felt for each other was shunned upon. 
 
Not to mention they were idols. 
 
Taemin sat quietly in his dorm room, alone. 
He had bee watching Minho and Onew hyung in a variety show with some So Nyu Shin Dae members. 
the dares were starting to irritate Taemin. 
 
The way Minho had to touch, hug, or seem so happy with  them, the same way he didn't seem with Taemin. 
 
"Does that mean I love him?" Taemin asked himself in a small voice. 
Was he jealous? Check.
Was he possessive? Check.
Did he long for touch? Check.
Did he feel empty? Check.
Did his heart race at Minho's Voice? Check.
 
Was he In Love with his Hyung? Completely and utterly so.
 
And so he cursed the day he was born. 
 
"You shouldn't worry too much about it" Minho said, dismissing the matter "It isn't worth dwelling on it."
 
"Aren't you worried about the future?" Taemin asked, breaking away from the enchanting eyes that made his mind muddy. "or our past for that matter? What if we misunderstood our feeling and we realize it along the way?" he tried no to cry at his own words. 
 
It was the younger's greatest fear, that Minho would decide that Taemin wasn't for him and he'd get up and leave. 
 
At the same time, all color left Minho's face at the absurd suggestion. Was that what he thought?
"Do you believe that? That you'll realize that you don't love me and leave? Do you think you might have possibly misunderstood yourself?  The rapper's throat felt dry, the dancer's eyes widened. 
 
"What? No! Of course not, Minho!" How could his hyung even concede such blasphemy? 
"Then don't worry about it, because I'm nothing if not wholeheartedly in this" 
 
This time the kiss was powerful and assuring, it took both of their doubts and fears away. 
 
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us, Taemin.