Good Wolf, Evil Red

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

Witches have red eyes, and cannot see far, but they have a keen scent like the beasts, and are aware when human beings draw near. When Hansel and Gretel came into her neighborhood, she laughed with malice, and said mockingly, "I have them, they shall not escape me again."


 

“Baekhyun! You’ve returned! I’m guessing you delivered the basket I sent with you?” A female voice exclaimed as the younger entered her chambers. His eyes followed her as she stood from her bed and walked over to the boy. He slowly nodded but couldn’t help feeling as if he were forgetting something. Something important. A tiny part inside him didn’t feel right being even as much as in the same room as that woman. He didn’t understand why. She had been nothing but nice to him since the trio had arrived there so why did he feel so odd around her now?

“Ne, my queen. I did exactly as you ordered me to.” He assured the woman. She grinned before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Good wolf. Now, the fun begins!” She giggled. Pulling away from the boy she stared into his eyes, watching the black spots swirling around in the red. A sneer grazed her face. She sighed once and pouted as she turned back to walk toward her bed.

“How I wish you were mine. You’re actually quite cute ya know?” She questioned with a playful smile, startling the boy. She sighed at him.

“You can leave now. Go home and tell the others to be back early tomorrow morning. I’ve got a mission that will require the three of you.” She gave the last order of the day, waving him off. Baekhyun nodded and bowed before walking out of the door and shutting it tightly behind himself. He stood there for a moment, holding the door knob in his hand. Something just didn’t feel right to him.

Shaking his head a little to try and clear his mind, he released the door and walked down the set of stairs.

“Only one? How am I supposed to pick one?”

“Easy. You talked to one of them the other day. Pick that one!”

“It’s not that easy!”

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks as voices started to fill the air around him. Looking from left to right he stared into the small room at the very bottom of the stairs. It was the only room they weren’t allowed to enter without permission. Her secret room. Baekhyun had been there plenty of times and could probably find his way around in the dark but had never heard voices come from inside. The door was slightly cracked and his curiosity took over. He crept toward the door, slowly opening it far enough for him to enter.

“Sure it is! I just told you what to do! What can be so hard about it!?”

He tilted his head at the crystal ball, covered with a cloth which he quickly removed. His eyes widened at the figure he saw in the ball. A girl which looked a few years older than him, golden curls and an enraged look crossed her face. Two small children, a girl and a boy whom he assumed were siblings but the figure that intrigued him the most was the last girl.

She looked to be about the same age as the golden haired girl, black curls dropped down past her shoulders and a red cape draped over her shoulders. He knew this girl. He wasn’t sure of how or from where but he knew her.

“Ugh! I don’t have time to think about this now...I’ll figure it out tomorrow.”

“You hardheaded little brat….I already told you what to do!!”

Baekhyun watched as the black haired girl glared at her friends, eyes flashing red in color, before she stomped off toward the back of the house and slammed a door.

“Red….” He mumbled and watched the film on the crystal slowly disappear into nothing. His gaze dropped to the floor and then to the door. He smiled before starting for it.

“Red….that’s right….she’s the one we’re supposed to kill for the queen.”

 

___

 

Rima sat alone in Goldi’s bedroom after she stormed off and locked the door behind her. Sitting with her back against the window she leaned her head back to hit the cool glass.

Save us

Her mind wandered into a million different ways at once, confusing her even more than she had already been. Images started to flash through her head. The three boys with the red and black eyes. The many different Fairy tale characters she had met so far. Baekhyun, crying, wishing and praying that she would save them from the wicked witch. How all rules flew out of the window because this was too twisted. Al rules besides one. The only one she wished would actually not apply anymore.

Pulling her knees up to her chest she buried her head into them, never noticing the rain that started to clash against the window behind her.

“This….all of this….it’s too much….I can’t do this….I have to but, I just can’t….I need help.” She could feel the tears that started to form in her eyes and looked up at the ceiling, trying her best to push them back. She was tired. Tired of crying. Tired of being helpless. Tired of not being able to do anything. She smiled and slowly shook her head.

“I lied….I don’t need help. I need you. I want you. I have to see you….I have to save them…”

Her sadness and disappointment was quickly replaced with anger and rage the more she thought about the boys. Baekhyun. The look on his face as he asked her to make that promise.

Please, Red, I need you to promise me something…...Save us.

Her heart started to race in her chest and before she knew it she stood in front of the window looking out past the town that surrounded Goldi’s house. Past the rain that fell from the sky without any end in sight. Past the forest and the small hut she woke up in straight at the castle and the wicked witch. She could imagine the woman sitting comfortably surrounded by the three boys at the snap of her fingers, ready to carry out any of her every command.

She hated it. She hated the thought of her having complete control over them. Hated that when Baekhyun came too, all he wanted to do was rip out the woman’s throat and yet, once the spell kicked back in he ran straight back to her believing any lie she had to tell him.

Rima closed her eyes and screamed as loud as she could, trying her best to keep herself from punching the glass window and shattering it to pieces.

She never noticed Goldi and the children kicking in the door, standing there staring at the girl with widened eyes. Never noticed the thunder and lightning bright enough to light up the entire room. Never noticed how her eyes changed back into the rage filled red. Never noticed how her bone chilling screams turned into blood curling howls.

Taking a deep breath she turned around to face the trio that had entered only minutes earlier and sneered. The three stood there frozen, afraid, trying to decide if they should run from her or stand there and pretend they saw nothing.

“We have a pack to rescue and I know just which one we’ll kidnap first. Let’s get going. I know exactly how to find him too.”

Goldi finally closed as it turned into a smirk, closely resembling Rima’s sneer as she nodded.

“This has gone from a happy Fairytale to a horror show and you’re starting to become the main attraction. I don’t know about the kids but I like me a good Horror story. Let’s get going Red. One kidnapped wolf coming right up”