Before the Concert

EXO: The Greatest Comeback

Kris, instead of the being the last to wake up as always, was the first one to wake up.  He quickly prepared and headed down to the vans to be taken to the stadium.  Chen and Tao quickly filed into the van shortly after Kris.  Lay, Xiumin, and Luhan sat in the back of the van.  Tao would not look at Kris and pretended Kris was not there; this hurt Kris immensely.  The suffocating silence in the full car was unbearable to the members.  In the middle of the car ride, the managers noticed all of them were crying. 

The manager said, “Don’t cry everyone!  What’s important is that everyone will get to live their dream today and go on their own concert…  Don’t ruin this dream with bad feelings.  I’m glad all the members of EXO are able to take part in this.  Right, Kris?”

Kris solemnly looked up and nodded his head at the manager.  Throughout the car ride, the members made a valiant effort to contain all emotion.  They all knew they were prone to bursting out in tears and yelling at Kris for leaving.  After what seemed like eternity to Kris, the van miraculously pulled into the stadium parking lot.  They stepped out of the car and took a deep breath of fresh air, as if to relieve their tension.  All 12 members walked into the backstage area of the stadium to prepare themselves for rehearsal.

It was yet another awkward practice run through the whole concert, but Kris still tried his hardest to put on his best performance.  Once the practice run was over, the EXO members were granted time to relax before the concert.  Usually the backstage atmosphere was filled with chaotic laughter and happiness caused by Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s pranks, along with encouragement and support from Suho.  This time, everyone was blank and empty.  Kris could not sit in the gloomy waiting room anymore and took a walk around the stadium to clear his mind.  He lost himself in EXO ballads downloaded on his phone and the serenity of the stadium, until he realized it was time to start preparing for the concert again.