Kris's Return

EXO: The Greatest Comeback

As Kris watched more and more performances from EXO, he missed them more and more.  He wished to be with them in every performance.  Even though Kris wanted to go back, he knew that would mean he would have to drop the lawsuit and stay with S.M.  He could not bear to take the pressure S.M. gave him again. 

Kris was plagued with indecision on whether to go back or to stay.  He spent what seemed like forever to him missing in China pondering on this matter, and then finally came to a conclusion.

“I can’t just leave EXO like this…  I miss them too much.  I see that I have hurt them and worried my fans too.  I know that if I go back, my health will deteriorate, but it’s the only way I can be with EXO.  Besides, I think S.M. should get that we need a break every now and then after this situation.  Right, Kris?  That’s it, I’m going back!” Kris told himself.

His mind made up for sure, Kris immediately booked a ticket back to Korea.  At the airport, he said goodbye to his family and promised them it would not be long before he visits them again.  The family members reluctantly let go of Kris and waved goodbye, knowing that Kris’s promise would most likely be unfulfilled.  Kris began walking toward the door, and turned back to take one last look at his family.  He gave them a forced smile and waved goodbye again, then walked on. 

Kris returned to Korea after a quick flight.  He quickly took a taxi to the S.M. building without stopping for rest.  As he approached the S.M. building with a confused look, he took a deep breath.  He was not sure how the members would react.

            “You can do this Kris.  They won’t be mad…  Hopefully,” he reassured himself.

            He climbed the stairs and spotted familiar faces.  Everyone stared at him as he walked on, embarrassed.  Kris finally reached EXO’s practice room, sighed deeply, and bravely opened the door to find the 11 members rehearsing the concert material for their upcoming concert.

            At first, they didn’t notice him at the door, but once the choreographer started staring off into Kris’s direction, the members turned to Kris one by one. 

            “Hyung…”  Baekhyun whined softly.

            “Hi guys,” Kris said, with tears in his eyes.  “I’ve returned from the galaxy.  I couldn’t stay there because I missed you guys too much.  I know you might be angry at me, but I had a good reason.  Now, I’m back, so… can someone teach me the concert dances?”  Kris looked at Suho apologetically and said, “I’m sorry for leaving…  Happy birthday.”

            All the members looked away.  There was a somber, uncomfortable silence in the air that was more hurtful than words.  Everyone was crying, and there was an unspoken agreement to ignore Kris.  The room gradually became filled with emotional sniffles and depressing sighs from the members.

            Suho said furiously, “Kris, just go back to your galaxy.  We are fine as 11 members, and we do not need someone who has the potential to betray us again!  Come on, you guys, let’s keep practicing and ignore him.”

            The music restarted and they started rehearsing again, everyone moving slowly and awkwardly.  Kris understood their actions, and calmly went to the back of the dance room to stretch.  Soon, the EXO members finished practicing and went back to the dorms to rest up for the final day of preparation tomorrow.  They quietly walked past Kris sadly, and Kris avoided their eye contact.  After they all left, Kris walked up to the choreographer and asked him to teach him all the dances. 

The choreographer said: “Well, you’ve missed quite a lot…  Can you pick up 5 new dances in one and a half days?”

Kris confidently exclaimed, “Yes, yes I can.  Galaxy style.”  He and the choreographer exchanged a look of understanding and they began immediately.  Kris practiced the entire night until the morning without a break in order to perfect the difficult dance moves.